Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
L
Little Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks, Mozza. I'm going to try. I went to the chapel at work today (I'm in a hospital) and cried for a bit. It was release, at least I don't feel that ball of emotion in my gut anymore.

One day at a time. One day at a time. One day at a time. One day at a......

ME: 38
BF: 40
T: 10y, no kids, no M (by choice)
BD: 7/14/14, BF admits to PA, wants out, lies about new R.
10/1/14: I move out, BF lies about move in with OW
12/4/14: OW confronted, reveals all the lies
L
Little Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Maybe I should run down all the reasons that I can't be with BF unless he does some serious personal changing:

- He cheated on me not once, but twice
- He left me to move in with another woman
- He lied about all of it, including that there was no one else, that he was sleeping with someone but not in an R with her, that he wasn't moving her into our apartment when I left, so on and so forth.

Add to that that he only sees negative in all of the years he and I R'd and while he seems to think I'm an "amazing person" he's adamant that he and I together "just don't work".

Maybe not being angry at him is just stupid and I should start from there in my attempts to move forward "with or without" him, because from his perspective it's certainly going to be "without".

ME: 38
BF: 40
T: 10y, no kids, no M (by choice)
BD: 7/14/14, BF admits to PA, wants out, lies about new R.
10/1/14: I move out, BF lies about move in with OW
12/4/14: OW confronted, reveals all the lies
J
J
There are a few books around that say anger is a really healthy part of all of this - you just have to not dwell on it or let it become resentment

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
M
M
When I told my shrink that I was concerned about my WAW, he told me "Why aren't you angry?" It opened the floodgates for a couple of days at the time and I've tapped into that sentiment every now and then to feel better. It's not a dominant feeling, but something that can take away the pain for a time.

M39 D6 D3 (at S)
S 2014-09
D 2016-09

"You can't start a fire sitting around, crying over a broken heart" - Bruce Springsteen.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard