Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2509923 11/22/14 02:25 PM
B
bboy80 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well, I never thought I would be in a forum like this! Forgive me if I'm still distraught, let me start of me and my wife have been married for a little over a year and together for 4-1/2 years, last week she moved out of the house to an APT of her own. I found out she was having an A, with a co-worker that has been going on for months.

I'm looking for advice, on how to save my marriage. I know I haven't been the best H from a emotional standpoint, but excellent provider for my W, and our daughter who is not biologically mine. Never abusive, but would put her down when I would get really angry, and we really didn't communicate at all. Well now to the A, it stared July when I caught a few text messages, and I told her that wasn't cool (I have always been the calm, reasonable type). Well in August I found out through her iPad she had be sleeping with the OM, so I confronted her, and she said she would end it. Well it never ended, up until last week she has been seeing the OM, and sleeping with him as well. I found iMessages on her laptop, to give me everything more I needed. I was distraught, I finally saw why she was moving out. In those months I was acting really unlike me, like checking everything, I would have weird spouts where I would just snap on her, and regret it later.

I have been reading on this forums, just some of the other incidents, and trying to gain knowledge of that. I also have been reading up on PEA. My ultimate question is how do I save my marriage? I haven't filed for divorce yet, and honestly told her she has until Monday to ultimately decide if she wants this. I know she is in the infatuation stage, I just don't know how to handle it. I don't want to push her away, but at the same time, I don't want to wait around forever. I have already started bettering myself, I.E. going to church, read the 5 Love Languages, and research, research, research, and started working out. My apologies for the briefness, as I'm still devastated, and looking for guidance. Thanks

Me: 33 / H: 27
Kids: D8
Married 1 yrs, together 4.5
D-Day 11/16/14
C
C
Welcome to the board

Get out and GAL.

DETACH.

Believe none of what she says and half of what she does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon

Me-70, D37,S36
W
Wet Offline
W
Hi bboy,

You are in the right place. You will find great people here who can help. I like the work that you've started on yourself, keep it up.

You mentioned that you gave your W a deadline of Monday to make a decision? Deadlines don't work. You should get DR and view this as a much longer process. If you can, ignore the deadline, and keep working on yourself. Good luck.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
C
C
Hi bboy,

I'm new here as well so I can't share from an expeirenced standpoint...but I have to echo what Wet said, deadlines don't work. Work on yourself, which I believe in time will help you work on your relationship.

Good luck.

M:32,H 32
T:10, M5
BD/H Move Out: 9/2014 - extreme anger
H Mental Illness Diagnosis: 4/15
Served D Papers: 10/15
Divorced: 11/15
B
bboy80 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thank you all for the help, I have been working on my self, and having fun, I forgot how the single life was!

D-Day 11/16/14
B
bboy80 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
To add, the deadline didn't work, so I took a difference standpoint, Sandi2's 37 Rules, although I have slipped up on the do not tell her I love you out of habit, I have been following it. We actually had a dinner tonight and it was really great, didn't talk about the R, and just enjoyed each other's company. Our daughter wanted to do something Sunday, so we have a little get together Sunday. I agree with the advice, GAL it feels so good, like I'm a kid again, lol! Well I'll keep you posted on the details, just taking it one day at a time

D-Day 11/16/14
B
bboy80 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well update we hung out on Sunday, and it was ok, she came with an attitude, but I got past that. We talked a little, about what happened, and she told me she needs time (which I believe is a crock), and that the OM is gone, which I dont believe either. She tells me she wants to work at it, but not fully, which IMO she is just trying to by time. I have since not contacted her, and continued working on me. I do have a question she is repeatedly telling me she left because of me, she has a connection with OM, she doesn't love me or miss me, should I believe this?

D-Day 11/16/14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard