Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
job #2511532 11/27/14 09:30 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I can't. I can't breathe until I know for sure she is safe from his drug addiction and his skank and his mean parents. I need for her to be safe from any more insanity, no matter what.

And, the fact that he would even consider rattling my cage or questioning my intentions/abilities with her...well, that's the last straw for me.

You can't ask me to parent alone for so many years and, then, after I've invested so much, to even give me the shadow of a doubt that she could be forced to do anything she is not ready for...mainstream school, Ohio visitations... We have earned the right to do things in a way that works fo r That is what's unforgivable to me.

It took him 3 decades, but he has finally crossed the line. He can go to [censored] hell.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2511533 11/27/14 09:39 PM
job Offline
I do understand. Use that anger in a productive way, i.e., to get things done that you've been putting off or go pound a pillow. Whatever you do, don't show that side to him. You want to show him that you are calm, level headed and businesslike. That will back him up just a bit and he'll wonder what happened to the old Heather that would be quaking in her boots.

I'm very sorry this fell into your lap at Thanksgiving, but it's typical of the MLCer. I'm not making excuses because it could have waited until Friday or even Monday.

Please take care of yourself. Okay?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2511534 11/27/14 09:44 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am.

Thank you Job. Much, much, much love to you ;-)

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and put things in order for D12. It's time to do this for her anyway. She needs a full, balanced life and she will get one whether she likes it or not!!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2511538 11/27/14 09:52 PM
job Offline
Definitely put your D12's affairs in order. She's going to have to accept that change comes with every step we take. I'm sure she's not going to be happy w/the changes taking place in her life, but you, as her mother, have to do what is best for her even if she's not happy or understands why you are doing them. One day she will thank you for all that you have done for her.

Now, go prop up your feet and take a load off and relax just a bit You've been on an emotional coaster today and it's now time to sit this stuff aside for a bit and enjoy what's left of Turkey Day. Tomorrow is a new day and come Monday, you'll be able to contact the local school and the homeschool teacher as well.

Enjoy your evening.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard