Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
I think the title with the word Divorce is a little scary for your son but he has sensed tension in your home. You were honest and they can respect honesty. Son doesn't need all the details but the fact that you are trying to be honest is a good thing. The trick with teens and MLC seems to be that you can't dwell on a topic too much or it becomes a disaster.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

M
M
Hi 2B,
I agree with the others about it not being a bad thing that S14 saw the book. The year after B-day while W was still at home she insisted that D13 and D19 didn't know that anything was wrong. The thing is they both knew! They just didn't feel comfortable talking to her as they could see that the problem was with her. I was the one they came to when they had questions. I decided that I would be honest with them. I told them that their mother was going through a though time, wasn't sure what she wanted but that I still loved her and would do whatever I could to make our M work. I KNOW that it helped them when my W told them that she was moving. They were much more prepared than if it had come out of the blue.

I can tell you that your S14 already knew that there were problems in your M. My 13 year old was well aware that my W refused to touch me, wasn't at all a part of her family. Your S knew (knows) a lot more than you think. Honesty is what he needs from you, now and in the future!

2BHappy Offline OP
OP Offline
Everyone thanks for all the replies

I always try to be very honest with s14 without too many details.

And he probably picks up no more then I want him too or think he does.
I just hope he is not worried.

This is going to help me DB even more, I have to stay upbeat and hopefully my s14 will see that even in tough times you can stay upbeat and do you best to make a situation better.

S14 has not said anything more, and I will not unless he does.

Me 43 ring off Oct 2014 (my ring back on Feb 2015)
H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
July 2013- H told me he was unhappy.....said he is staying for Son
Feb 18 2014 Found out about OW
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard