Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bridge Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Had an interesting talk with H tonight. He called after I put the girls to bed and asked if it was a good time. He said he wants to maybe go somewhere and sit down and talk about him moving back home and what that would look like. He said he's put me through a lot of pain and he's very sorry and he knows he hasn't been himself for a while and he thinks maybe he needs counseling, and that while there have definitely been things we needed to address in our marriage, the problem wasn't entirely on my side, he said he also played a big role. I was just sitting on the phone stunned. He hasn't opened up like this to me in probably two years. I thought I was going to start crying, but I stayed strong and told him I would have to think about some things before he moves back. I feel really reluctant to just jump right into having him back here. I'm extremely confused right now. Where do I go from here?

M:38 H:41
M: 6y
D4
D1
BD 2/14 IDLY
H moved out 10/31
M
M
Wow, that's great to hear.

I think this would be a great time to get a coaching session. They are really helpful and can be useful in helping you figure out next steps. Counseling individually for both of you is certainly on the short list as well.

What do you think?

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
C
C
Great news to hear!

Counseling - yes. For you both and individually. Get the issues started on and let a therapist guide you as to the proper time to come home. Wouldn't want to jump in, only to have him leave again.

What do you want? What would it look like for you? And in turn, what would you need to do?

M:32,H 32
T:10, M5
BD/H Move Out: 9/2014 - extreme anger
H Mental Illness Diagnosis: 4/15
Served D Papers: 10/15
Divorced: 11/15
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard