Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
L
L
I hope I handle it as well as you when/if we get to that point. Seems like you're doing very well considering!

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks, Maybell. I'm doing OK today.

Yesterday turned out to be a fine day. We went to church together, went to a really lovely brunch for S19's birthday, and then my team had a basketball game (a win!).

D16 is still angry with H, that was expected. D12 is still daddy's girl. I am a little worried about S19, since he's off at school with no daily family support, but I talked to him for a while yesterday as he was driving back to school, and encouraged him to use his school's counseling department. He seemed pretty open to that.

H moves out two weeks from today.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: lost18
I hope I handle it as well as you when/if we get to that point. Seems like you're doing very well considering!

lost18, telling my kids was my huge mental hurdle since the beginning, and I think that's the source of my detachment. I just can't feel much of anything for a person who would willingly hurt my children for their own selfish purposes. I just can't.

Last night I started thinking of H as Mr. Weed (a fictional elderly neighbor). So....Mr. Weed and the duck. I think I should write a children's book.

And, just for everyone who follows along, it's a Muscovy duck, nothing so attractive as a mallard. We don't have mallards down here.

R
R
Hi Rppfl,
Sorry I've been on vacation and haven't been able to check in. My thoughts are with you and your children as you navigate this transition.

It's amazing how differently we feel about our spouses once we realize they're capable of hurting the children.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
E
E
Originally Posted By: rppfl

lost18, telling my kids was my huge mental hurdle since the beginning, and I think that's the source of my detachment. I just can't feel much of anything for a person who would willingly hurt my children for their own selfish purposes. I just can't.

I never hated my H more than in the moment when we told our D7 and she WAILED. I could not believe that he was capable of causing her that kind of pain.

I'm glad that breaking the news didn't ruin your weekend. You're doing a great job supporting your children. I hope your PMA and detachment continue.

Me: 33 Him: 35
T: 13 M: 11
D7
BD, S: Jul 3rd, 2014
J
J
RPP, I often picture sitting at your table with you and a few of the other people here discussing this in person. You have a very human and down to earth quality that is very comforting. I am glad to know you, if only in text.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Jefe, that's a nice thought, all of us around a table together. I'll brew the coffee. smile

Opening a new thread before I get locked out:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2503564&#Post2503564

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard