Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
J
just my inner geek.....

To me the only star wars films are the original 3 (Star Wars, Empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi) sure some other films were made with star wars in the title but they were too awful to count. just like the matrix is only the one film.

If you're looking for a set of films of depth, nuance and shakespearean drama (and a fair touch of Dickens) then look no further than the festive masterpieces that are the Die Hard films

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
W
W
My vote is the Lord of the Rings trilogy..it its all of your check boxes of nuances, Shakespearean drama, and depth. I have the Star Wars (first three) set and the Lord of the Rings set. Nice to be able to watch them when the mood hits me.

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Sorry Wonka. Lord of rings while cinematography superb without the acting of golm left me dead inside Fantasy was not the word

Jim. Inner geek or purist , tough call Nah. Not really geek all day LOL

Die hard however classic pure classic

My humble opinion but Red and Red 2 future classics

Well that took us away fro real life for a while. Hope you all enjoyed the respite

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. Just back from life coach and she's pleased with my progress. Abit disappointed that W has not sought any help but we cannot control her. W stayed in the home last night and all was quite enough. W seemed in bad form this am so I just steered clear and took kids to school.

Made my bid for father of the year award this morning by getting tickets for D13 to one direction in Dublin next October. She is delighted and so is her best friend. Only downside is I have to attend and I don't have a 1D t shirt !!!!!!!!!

Take care all

V
V
RD

One Direction is a Step up from SClub7. All puns intended. You are going in the right direction too.

I'm sure gg will find you an interesting T-shirt to wear!

W knows she is missing out so go all of you and GAL, GAL, family GAL, personal GAL, Xmas GAL, movie GAL. If she is there she is, if not then no mind; her loss. Ignore the grumps, act as if she's sneezy not grumpy. Just go and have a good time.

I am visioning you all having fun

Vanilla

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi vanilla. Thanks so much for your posts. I'm dreading the concert and myself and 4 kids just finished cluedo and we were beaten by my 10 year old !!!!!! The new Sherlock.

Take care. Ms Scarlet in the ballroom with the revolver !!!!!!!

R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Time for new thread. Trying to cope and move on

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard