Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
L
L
Must be in the air Shining. I'm feeling the same way.

I was actually looking at pictures of a celebrity family this morning and feeling pangs of grief. I remember taking photos like those...what the he!! happened?

Sometimes there is no way around the grief, you just have to accept it for what it is and feel it.

Lots of hugs to you,

Heather

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
U
U
My friend, Im so sorry you are feeling sad. I know it's so hard to deal with all these changes in your life.

I remember milestones in my son's life when xh wasnt there or he was and wasnt sitting with me. Not the life I thought I was going to have. Not what son hoped for either.

So, I allowed myself to feel the feelings and acknowledged them. Then I let them go. They still come up from time to time. No way around it, I'm afraid.

I know this isnt the life you thought you were going to have either. It isnt going to always look and feel like it does now.

I know you, my friend. You will get through this and regroup.

Hug on your son as much as you can. Have a good cry. Do what you have to do to get through the weekend.

We have to let go of the life we thought we were going to have and make the life we are getting a really great one.

Different doesnt mean bad...it just means different. smile.

Your amazing son is going to do incredibly.

I know you know that you are going to be ok.

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sigh.

Thank you, Eric. S18 is an amazing young man.

The part about Ss21, although this was h excuse in counseling, I don't believe H truly feels I hate his son. I took it as sharing info. Typically when H was spewing or told me I was wrong, there would be sarcasm or small attacks on me, "I told you so" kind of stuff. Nothing snide in his announcement. Fwiw... Lol. Not much, right?

The mad thing... I do get mad. Situationally mad. When I left h#1, there were things that happened and I was pi$$ed. I wanted nothing to do with xh. I do know how mad feels, yet I don't have that with H. Perhaps it is yet to come. The real, deep, "get away from me." That kind of mad...

I'm curious about how the anger helps people heal?

The 90 year old woman, LOL! I think puppy will scare her before too long!

I'll bring my list of changes to the new thread....

daring, thank you, and yep...I'm still a recovering people pleaser. I probably always will be. I am learning to recognize when it doesn't hurt me to do some pleasing. I am wired that way, and it is a large part of who I am. It turns out, some of that stuff is ok to keep. Just not at the level where I put others ahead of me all the time.

Hi, bea, a hug sounds really, really good right now!! I have always struggled with boundaries. Anger was not ok for sure. Yep. Lots of that in my past.

Heather, thank you for the hugs:). Change stuff doesn't have to be bad...but, dang, it's hard, no? The memories are killen me right now. The good ones...I just wasn't ready for it to be over.

uR, thank you. I've been trying hard to get to that place, where I'm excited about he ones that are possible, imagining what "could be". I'm trying to steer my focus away from what's changed, and what is lost.

Time for a new thread...

Something BEAUTIFUL is on the Horizon...
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2503032#Post2503032

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard