Originally Posted By: rppfl
Originally Posted By: Maybell
Setting ground rules really helps them understand that you're there for them. This is your opportunity to run your family the way you believe it should be run. Taking charge that way will bring you closer if you do it in a a loving and supportive way.

^^^This^^^.

There is nothing wrong with household rules. Don't be one of those dads whose kids run wild because you are too guilty/lazy/sad/insert_favorite_word to upset them. That does them no favors in the long run.

You already knew that, though, didn't you?

Glad you enjoyed the fireworks. smile

I'm scared to be honest that if I do start to put rules in then they will run to there mum.
I did out a volume restriction on my daughters ipad and explained to her why and the first thing out of her mouth was what have you done to brothers things.

Talking to son yesterday and I realised that my kids have very little in common and hardly talk or communicate .
So I'm working on ideas to try and resolve this which in turn should make them both a bit more tolerant of each other .
I understand that getting an 18 year old boy to talk and be civil to his 12 year old sister is going to be one hell of a battle .

Me 40
W 37
Together 22 years
S18
D12
WaW 12/08/14 after affair exposed , suspected for several months
W returned home for 2 weeks to see if can handle family life
After the 2 weeks she has left .