05/14 H says he will file for D
08/14 H initiates D
09/14 H wants to R
12/14 Still bungling our way through R
H
HopeTex Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi guys, probably no one except Nitty checking in on this, I have been off for a long time, since Nov 14 it appears.

I was still in a pretty bad place then, and even during Thanksgiving which I spent in Santa Fe with my sister and her family. But I think I hit a turning point at the end of that break, where I am looking to the future and seeing bright things.

My job situation resolved well, I moved to a new employer and it is a better situation than before. That really took a lot of stress off.

For me, dating has also helped. I know I need to go slow, and I am trying to. But spending time with new women that are pleasant and attractive and attracted has been a great new experience, a great distraction to keep me from thinking about my wife, and a great eye opener. More and more I see how bizarre my wife was (due to her childhood experiences I suppose) and how little affection (physical, emotional, etc) I have received in the M. (Not that I am perfect either)

I recently re-encountered a woman I had gone to school with. She is a widow, as her husband died of a freak heart attack a year and a half ago. We reconnected and it has been really surprising and nice. I am not sure my wife is even of the same species as this woman! She is fun and passionate and physically comfortable. And she says she had a great and intimate marriage before her husband died.

It is like the darkness has lifted and I am seeing sunlight. There actually are good, loving Christian women out there. I didn't choose this D, but if this is the reality I have to accept, it turns out the reality is pretty durn good!

Things are going well with the kids, I love having them when I do, and I think I am becoming a pretty good single Dad.

My interactions with the W are pretty curt; I just don't like seeing her or talking to her much. I think in time I will be able to act more friendly with her, just not yet.

So in short, I think things are going great! Off to spend the weekend with the Wonderful Widow!

Me:42 W:41
M:12 T:3
D7, D7, S5
Sep#1 Winter 2012 for 4 months
W divorce bomb 6/9/14
Started "in-house separation" 7/2014
W files for D 8/28/14
I move out 9/27/14
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard