Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Well, we are in Watertown.

The drive from Syracuse to Watertown was gorgeous and I think the girls and I were all thinking...this is it...I was actually thinking, "Gawd, I hoope I don't blow this interview."

Then, we got to Watertown. It's pretty run down and looks sorta sad. The old house are some of the biggest, most beautiful houses I've ever seen (mostly Edwardian/turn of the century), but I'm now not so surprised about the higher than normal crime rate...there's a hodgepodge of these old houses that are falling apart and some being restored. D20 looked around and said, "I think I'd kill myself if I had to spend a winter here." She was joking, sorta. It just looks so bleak after everything we have endured.

I didn't like the look of the peeps walking around. I don't see myself feeling comfortable leaving D11 home alone.

The areas AROUND Watertown may be more our speed. I know the crime rates around Watertown were much, much more in my comfort zone...lots of small, small towns and farms.

Still, I will be confident tomorrow and I'm not crossing it off the list just yet.

We shall see. We made it safely and, for that, I'm so grateful.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
W
W
Heather,

Glad to see that you've arrived safely. It is always helpful to learn more about the territory before committing to a move. You always have options.

I am sure you will do really well at the interview!

Smile, eye contact, focus on SAR (Situation, Action, Result) with past examples, and how you can contribute to the company.

Go Heather! smile

K
kml Offline
K
And it's ALWAYS good practice for future interviews!

M
M
I am so glad you made it with BOTH of your girls. I am a few hours away, about halfway between Watertown and Ohio. Please let me know if you need anything. Good luck! I will be thinking of you girls. I hope it works out....

It really is a beautiful area.... find the right spot!

M
M
I am so glad you made it with BOTH of your girls. I am a few hours away, about halfway between Watertown and Ohio. Please let me know if you need anything. Good luck! I will be thinking of you girls. I hope it works out....

It really is a beautiful area.... find the right spot!

M
M
What the heck?

job Offline
Good luck with your interview. I know you will do just fine.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
A
A
I second that ^^^^^

Good luck!

Atsbaby
M:36 H:35
T: 19 M:12
S:11
D:9
BD: 5/4/14
Proof of OW 8/13/14-love note from her
8/19 admits OW
8/22/14 files D w/o telling me
9/20/14 Says he wants to reconcile
A
A
Good luck with the interview Heather.

You will know if this is right for you and the girls. Hope you get the chance to do some exploring before you have to leave.

Ab

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard