Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
M
What about GAL ways your life is better?

I'll tell you one of mine... I'm taking the kids to my first ever Renaissance festival this weekend!! Something I've always wanted to do. I'm sure H (much as I miss him) would hate it.

Be well and I hope your bed is awesome!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
M
Meghan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I haven't done as much GALing as I probably should. I've been home a lot (I'm a very big homebody), still working on rearranging and making the place mine, and on trying to ferret out and get rid of things that remind me of him. Honestly, I really haven't felt much like going out. I probably should be getting out anyway to give me less of a chance to wallow and to have some fun with people.

I have been out to games nights and have spent time with friends, too. I'm hoping to join up with a knitting or quilting group, but the local ones are usually shut down for July and August. they'll resume in September.

I'm still looking into joining a band program, but I've been holding off until I know what my work and income situation are for the fall - it's put a bit of a damper on things, so I'm keeping an eye out for options that are less expensive.

As a free alternative, I'm looking into local volunteer opportunities. I think it might do me some good to not only see the wider world, but to see that there are problems out there much bigger than my own.

M - 34
H - 36
Together 10 years
Married 4 years
BD - March, 2014
M
Meghan Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Forgot to add that I've been going out once a week to do some work in a local cafe, which has been really nice and productive as well as a good way to get out for awhile.

M - 34
H - 36
Together 10 years
Married 4 years
BD - March, 2014
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard