Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
Upwards Offline OP
OP Offline
U
I haven't posted on here now for a couple of months so thought I'd update you all smile

My divorce is progressing & the decree nisi should arrive any day now - I'm happy & confident that divorce is the right decision for us all and although its a very sad situation both myself and exH are much happier now we are separated.

I have grown so much through this process, I've learnt things about myself that I never knew & I've uncovered a strength that I didn't know existed. My life is much more stable & fulfilled, I feel happier than I've felt in many many years and looking back it amazes me how I managed to remain in such an unhappy & toxic relationship for so long. I've found myself again & that is a priceless gift, I'll always be thankful for this experience and I now know that I always have work to do on myself to grow, improve and be the best me that I can.

I'm dating a guy, it isn't serious and we are both agreed that we are happy with that for the moment but it's going well & I'm enjoying his company smile I have a lot more work to do on myself before I move into a serious R with anyone, I don't want to make the same mistakes again!

My children are much more settled & have adjusted well to the situation now, it's been almost 12mths since H moved out, I'm very proud of them both.

Life is good smile how are you all?

Divorce Final: Oct 2014

Your struggles today, develop strength for tomorrow...
E
E
Upwards - you sound great. Good on you.

So glad to hear you're feeling so positive!

F
F
Hi Uptown, thanks for posting an "Update". grin

I'm glad to hear you are content with your decisions and present life path. I do hope things continue to improve for you and your family.

As for me, my wife seems to be making slow progress, and I still have high hopes for "Us". If for some reason things don't work out between us, I plan to be on my own for quite a while... as in there will be no dating.

I've learned I don't 'need' a partner, and can be quite content on my own. Besides, there'll plenty of time to worry about dating, I'm ForeverYoung! cool

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
U
Upwards Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Thanks MLP smile

FY laugh great to hear your W is making slow progress, that's what we like to hear! Your so patient, I admire that in you.

As for dating I hadn't planned to for a good while, I joined a dating site out of curiosity and decided it wasn't for me but new guy caught my eye... He asked me out & I refused but we kept chatting, here we are now dating smile not what I expected but I believe everything happens for a reason..

Divorce Final: Oct 2014

Your struggles today, develop strength for tomorrow...

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard