Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
T
Train Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This:

"Ok. Thought I'd let you know, I told OW that I'm really not into a relationship at this time. I told her that there are way too many things going on in my life, and I really don't have the time or energy to have a girlfriend right now. Between me and you, and I know you've gave me this advice, I need a clear head, or as clear as possible, to really figure out how I'm gonna repair, and to what state, my relationship with you, and all 4 kids. Having 'another' relationship takes away from that. Obviously."

... would have been the perfect time for: "Looks like we both have some big decisions to make."

Ugh! Why do I only think of the GOOD comebacks a day later?? I can hardly ever think on my feet, especially when he's being nice. Omg. I go soft!!!

And you know what rubs me the wrong way about what he wrote? That a *married* man - who isn't even legally separated - seriously wrote: "I really don't have the time or energy to have a girlfriend right now."

I mean, it almost makes me laugh to read it, for some reason. Why? It's not funny. It's just ... *unspeakable*!

I know, I know, pointless, fruitless meanderings again ...

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
S
S
I know, I know. I had the same reaction. It's why I think he's not quite there yet. But -- like HS -- I think he's getting there.

Just keep doing what you're doing. You'll have other chances, believe me. This one was like the Braxton Hicks of reconciliation contractions. grin

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
T
Train Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Lol!!! Awesome analogy.

Thanks, Starsky. smile

M: 40 H: 44
Married 14 years
S11 & D6; D20 & D19 from previous M
2BDs/PAs, 8 years apart
Piecing: April 2014
W
W
Train,

Doing nothing is also an action. grin Your H's latest text about OW is just thinking out loud and does not require a response. It's not an emergency. Leave him with his own thoughts.

As for your recent response to H's text about D17 filling out info for financial aid, it was short and to the point. Nothing more is necessary. This is WHAT works. Nothing too dramatic or writing War & Peace to H. In time, H will see clearly the contrast between the calm, cool, & collected Train and the OW. Patience. It's a'comin! Let the OW become the needy and clingy person!

P.S. Not sure if you asked here or not...nope, I'm not reconciled with Ms. Wonka. Can't recall who is asking what these days!

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard