Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
M
"I just don't know HOW to improve it."

By DOING something to improve it. Sitting around, talking about what you can't or don't want to do isn't going to do anything.

Have you gone back to therapy yet?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
T
OP Offline
T
I know Mr. Bond.....I'm trying...I really am....

Have not gone back to the therapy yet.

Kind of a weird Mother's Day around here.

I was hoping to go to my mom's and my grandmother's graves today, but didn't have the gas. The gas in the car may get me to work tomorrow.

Ever since BD and all this mess started, XW has made it a point to see our sons on Mother's Day. She made no attempt this year....pretty weird for her. (Pretty weird that the boys made no attempt either.) As far as I know, she didn't even talk to any of them today with the exception of S23 who happened to message her on FB. S23 thought that it was odd that she posted a picture of herself and the boys from LAST YEAR'S Mother's Day on her FB page, but made no attempt to even see them this year. Her relationship with our sons has been reduced to an occassional FB message or "goodnight" text. Of course, I'm the blame for this still I'm sure.

It's just so sad.

I saw my brother yesterday while driving the cab. I didn't speak to him, because I saw him from a distance and I was told by Adult Protective Services to make no contact as long as the investigation is going on. He was in a bad part of town and looked like he was making a drug deal with two really rough looking women. I'm pretty sure he is homeless.

Three of my boys continue to work and help me out. The fourth is looking for a job. It is a good thing too because I am making no money driving. On days that I work, I usually just barely make enough for us to eat for the day and to put 5 or 10 bucks in my gas tank. Then, it is gone. Still trying to get food stamps, but of course it is a little more difficult now because with the type of job that I have, it is kind of hard to prove my income. Every time, I think I have everything together, they tell me I need something else.

Still no word from my friend and that big job opportunity. I sure wish something would pop soon.

Ug...

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
W
W
Originally Posted By: tadpole1025
Still no word from my friend and that big job opportunity. I sure wish something would pop soon.

Ug...

Tad

Tad, you CANNOT sit back and 'wish' for things to pop soon. You've got to take ACTION toward your goals. Call your friend to check in and show your continued interest. Why not try to be a limo driver? Isn't there money to be made right there?

Take a look at your own skill set and then figure out ways to branch out. Talk to your Divorce Care group and learn what they do for a living. You might be able to make a connection or few with them that would be helpful to you career wise.

Network...network, buddy!

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Wonka. I took your advice and called him. The details are in my new thread that I started.

It is here:

I'm Just About Ready For The Fork

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard