Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
#2478056 08/12/14 04:11 AM
M
M
I think it's normal that we ALL do things to not be seen by our S's as being unreasonable (I can't be called a bitch for obvious reasons). My W gets so adamant that what I am asking for is just so heinous it makes me stop and question myself. 99% of the time, after having time to think about it, I wasn't being at all unreasonable! My W has gone back on almost everything she agreed to before filing her final decree PW. We were supposed to talk and agree to all sorts of things and each and every one is nothing like we spoke about. The thing about the MLCer is they are always the victim. They are always being taken advantage of or getting screwed by the LBS. We are the problem, we are the cause of their pain. We don't deserve to get anything. Anything they choose to give is more than we should be getting since they have had their whole life messed up by us. They want to see us as the bad guy and this is just another way to make that happen. Be careful and get what you think is right and don't be afraid to fight for something you know is best. In the end it won't make a bit of difference either way and it's best to do what you, the "sane" S thinks is best!

Just my $.02 worth!

Matt165 #2480696 08/19/14 03:56 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Exh and gf taking a 10 day vacation to Mexico - he will miss our daughters bday and first day of first grade and prek.

I decided to not fight it and just split the stock account. It's in our divorce settlement. It is more about how he treats me then the actual thing. I hate how he treats me and it's through these boards that I work through those feelings.

Having an awesome summer with the girls.

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

BklynMom #2480700 08/19/14 04:06 PM
G
G
BK,

His loss on missing those special events. I understand about the stock account-probably best just to eliminate any further ties to him.

You can't control the way he treats you-just how you react. I do like the kill them with kindness provided it doesn't go overboard. You have done nothing to be ashamed of. Glad the summer is going well!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
Georgiabelle #2480984 08/20/14 03:42 AM
M
M
Good for you, Brook. I find that separating as much financial connections or legal things as possible makes me feel better. It will soon be to the point that the only connection we have is the kids. Mine are older though. Even though we agreed to communicate about kids, he consistently contacted them about getting together. It backfired. The kids kept turning him down, whereas I would have just said, OK, you are going with dad today. Well his loss! He has not seen them all summer. I have had a good time with the kids and have done things we wouldn't have, otherwise.
I am glad you are enjoying the time with the girls. They are only little once. You can never get those times back... and they go so quickly. Mexico will always be there...
Don't let his decisions get to you. And it looks like you aren't- good for you. It would be easy to let these things get the best of us. But you are enjoying your time with the kids, you know what is important, and you know to cut off the legal/financial things to support yourself, but detach yourself. You are a great role model for the boards!

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard