A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out. Go to the new Divorce Busting® Store where you can sign up for Divorce Busting® Coaching and purchase Michele's Audios, Videos and eBooks that you can immediately download. Start taking the steps that will help you get your marriage back on track right away.

Please consider this OnLine Community as 'Read Only' for now. We are making some changes behind the scenes, and will let you know right away when everything is back up and running properly. Please do not register as a new user, nor post during this time. Although it may seem like things are working properly, please note that any changes or new posts that happen during this transition period will not be retained once we have completed our maintenance and changes, and are back up and running again. We are working to make this transaction period as short as possible. We are aiming for 24 hours, but it could be anywhere from 24 - 48 hours. Thank you.
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#2239787 - 04/22/12 04:45 AM Re: THE VETS [Re: JCJ]
dbmod Offline

Originally Posted By: JCJ
Well I don't know if I am a vet but I survived and came out the other side and am so much happier than I ever was, I think that would be my main achievement.

This was a huge learning curve for me and I wish it had been less traumatic but then I wouldn't have learnt the lessons I needed to.

My exh was in his 20s and went through a huge life crisis after nearly dying through a long serious illness that be still has. He had an affair, bought (bad!!) new clothes, new car, idiot new friends, new girl etc. We have been divorced a year and a half now and separated since 2007.

What I learnt

- that you can't help people that don't want your help.
- rejection is heartbreaking but most of the time it is more about the other person than you.
- take responsibility for yourself. Look at your contributions to your marriage and learn from your mistakes. Do not blame yourself and dwell too much, forgive yourself, learn and move on.
- life is for living, enjoy yourself and be present because time is too precious to waste. You won't get your children's childhoods back ( or your late 20s in my case).
- life may not be what you envisioned but it has a funny way of working out.
- this will take time, allow yourself time to heal from the hurt and know (I promise) that things will get better.
- lastly, and most importantly take opportunities as they come along. This is time for growth, use it wisely.

I thought divorce was the worst thing ever, I do still feel shame about it and it is a sore spot, however I have accepted it and embraced opportunities as they have come my way.

You will survive whether your marriage is saved or not, you will be stronger and most probably a better person for this hideous experience called separation.

beautiful

#2250566 - 06/01/12 10:13 PM Re: THE VETS [Re: dbmod]
dbmod Offline

^

#2250574 - 06/01/12 10:55 PM Re: THE VETS [Re: dbmod]
2stepboogie Offline

I suppose the success is still being written since I am not dead!

I am honored that a person like Grit would mention me since I admired and respected his advice beyond measure.

cat
Mach
Gritter
BITS
Faith AK
MICHELLELT

and SO many others...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  dbmod, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004