Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93561 11/22/02 01:55 PM
vjm Offline OP
OP Offline
Can anybody who has use the phone consultation services offer me any feedback as to the benifits one gains. I am considering using the service but I am not sure if I will gain any benifit. I know I feel I am having troubles setting my goals but also I would like more direction on DB'ing.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vince

#93562 11/22/02 04:16 PM
Vince,

I have had two telephone consultations. I get great advice almost daily here, but I always refer back to my notes from my phone consults when I am getting really confused.

They will want to know what your goals for the session are. They will ask you how they can help you or what you want help with. They will focus on you, so be ready for that.

I was able to ask some specific questions relating to divorce rates, things the WAS does during this phase, etc. and they had accurate answers for me.

I really am happy with my two sessions. There were times when I didn't like the answers given. I would question her reason for those particular answers, and then it dawned on me....thats why I called a coach!! They know their stuff.

I would suggest really trying to figure out a few specific things you want the coach to help you with. H/She will want to know a run down of your sit., and then the specific questions/goals you have for the consultation.

My most recent thread is "Things Worked, but H filed for D. HELP!" Or something similar to that. Run through it because one of my posts has a summary of my most recent consultation. It may help you see what she was able to do for me.

Vernetta was my coach. I loved her. She is also a Christian Marriage and Family Counselor aside from being a DB coach for Michele. She was great. Good luck!

Amy

#93563 11/22/02 04:19 PM
vjm Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Amy I will take a look at your thread

#93564 11/22/02 04:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading DR or DB, even just the first few chapters will help you when you talk to your coach too. I wasn't totally prepared, even though I was told what to expect. I had read the first 4 chapters in DB so I understood the SBT process. That help, but my DB Coach really help me a lot. She help me set realistic goals and an action plan to meet those goals.

Afterward, I felt like I was more in control (as opposed to be totally out of control). My Coach gave me wonderful advice and kept me focused. I think that why I feel almost "normal" again.

I really found the experience very valuable. I would recommend it to anyone. They are so understanding and knowledgable. I think anyone would benefit from thier wisdom and experience.

#93565 11/22/02 10:37 PM
I did a phone consult recently and really got a lot out of it. I already was seeing a counselor here locally who does a great job, but the phone consult really seemed to help me get some focus. I think they have a different twist than the average counselor.

I have several threads called JW's Saga I - VI. On JW's Saga V, you should find a post that I put on there Nov. 18 with all my comments on my phone consult.

Hope this helps.

#93566 12/19/02 09:37 AM
Vince -
The DB Coaches are especially skilled at helping you clearly focus and fine-tune your goals for your marriage - and then develop a very specific action plan to achieve your goals. When you are ready to schedule an appointment to speak with one of the coaches, call Michele's office at 815-337-8000 or 800-664-2435. I wish you the best.
Virginia

Michele Weiner-Davis
The Divorce Busting Center

Transform your marriage with a private 2-day intensive with Michele Weiner-Davis. http://www.themarriageintensive.com
Email michele@divorcebusting.com

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard