Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#912309 01/31/07 12:52 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Out of the blue, I received this from someone I barely know. She didn't know my sitch or how I'vebeen feeling, which made the article even more significant for me. I will read it over and over again until I can do what it says. It's very simple: Let go and let God. He will carry us throught this journey. I don't know what is at the end for any of us. But I do know that I will get through it.

Let it go for 2007..
By T. D. Jakes

There are people who can walk away from you.

And hear me when I tell you this!

When people can walk away from you: LET THEM WALK.

I don't want you to try to talk another person into staying with
You, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you,
Staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone. When people can
Walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to
Anybody that left.

The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made
Manifest that they were not for us.
"For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with
us" John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you.
And if they are not joined to you, you can't make them stay. Let them
Go. And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that
Their part in the story is over. And you've got to know when people's part
In your story is over so that you don't keep trying to raise the dead. You've got to know when it's dead. You've got to know when it's over.

Let me tell you something. I've got the gift of good-bye. It's the
Tenth spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It's not that I'm hateful,
It’s that I'm faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have
He'll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don't need it.
Stop begging people to stay. Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something that doesn't belong to you and
Was never intended for your life, then you need to.........
LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains.........
LET IT GO!!!

If someone can't treat you right, love you back, and see your
Worth.........LET IT GO!!!

If someone has angered you ...........
LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge......
LET IT GO!!!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction......
LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to a job that no longer meets your needs or
Talents......... LET IT GO!!!

If you have a bad attitude....... LET IT GO!!!

If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better......
LET IT GO!!!

If you're stuck in the past and God is trying to take you to a new level in Him......
LET IT GO!!!

If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship.......
LET IT GO!!!

If you keep trying to help someone who won't even try to help themselves......
LET IT GO!!!

If you're feeling depressed and stressed........
LET IT GO!!!

If there is a particular situation that you are so used to handling yourself and God is saying "take your hands off of it," then you need to......
LET IT GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new thing for 2007 !!! LET IT GO!!!

Get Right or Get Left think about it, and then ......
LET IT GO!!!

>
> "The Battle is the Lord's!"
>
> During the next 60 seconds, Stop whatever you are doing, and take
> This opportunity. (Literally it is only ONE minute!)
>
> All you have to do is the following:
>
> You simply say "The Lords Prayer" for the person that sent you this message:
>
> The Lords Prayer
>
> Our Father, who are in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom Come,
> Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
> Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
> As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into
> Temptation but deliver us from evil.
> For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the
> Glory, forever.
>
> Amen.
>
> Next, send this message to everyone you know. In a while, more people will have prayed for you and you would have obtained a lot of people praying for others!
>
> Next, stop and think and appreciate God's power in your life, for doing what you know is pleasing to Him.
>
> Jesus said,
>
> If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before My Father"
> If you are not ashamed, send this message... only if you believe.
> "Yes, I love my God. He is my fountain of Life and My Savior.
>
> He Keeps me going day and night.
>
> Without Him, I am no one.
>
> But with Him, I can do everything, Christ is my strength."
>
> If you love God and you are not ashamed of all the great things that
> He has done for you send this on.
> God loves you and watches over you everyday.
>
>
>
>

PoohBear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
poohbear #923657 02/08/07 01:57 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I have come to a point in my life where reality has set in. I was talking to a fellow member of my church who has been through similar crises with her spouse. She is divorced now. But she is happy. And she did try. Her H was a WAH.

I was speaking to her about prayers and happiness. Our church has been passing around a sheet for each member to put prayer requests on and submit for the other memebers to pray for you. I was considering what to submit. It has dawned on me that all this time, I think I have been praying for the wrong thing. I have been praying for my M and for my W to come back to it. At the same time, she may be praying to end the M. Does God have to decide who's wish to fulfill?

I think you can be too specific when you pray for things. It's like praying to God for the winning lottery numbers, and then feeling God let you down because you didn't get them. But why are we praying for the winning lottery numbers? What do you want to do with the money? Shouldn't you be praying for God to provide you with a path to happiness, even if you feel the money will make you happy? Because you may realize at some point that you can and will be happy with or without your winnings.

That's where my reality comes in. I realize that I have been praying for the wrong things. I have been praying for my M because I believe that's what will make me happy. But there are other things that can and will make me happy, with or without the M. So, instead of praying for my M to be restored, I have determined I will pray for my happiness as well as my W's happiness. I pray for God to deliver me from my hurt and resentment, as well as my W's. I pray for my children's well being. I pray for all these things to happen, with or without my M being restored. At this point, my family's future well being is primary. If my M should be restored, that would be great. If not, my life will go on. I WILL BE OK. LIFE WILL GO ON.

God Bless

PoohBear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
poohbear #923759 02/08/07 02:46 PM
C
C
I was given some advice from a woman from church who is very "gifted" from God. God sends her messages to other people.
She also had a WAH early on her marraige(if you knew her H now I would never have beleived it-GOD fearing man). Her H was having an affair and she told me that when he wanted to talk divorce, her only response was"i will not talk D i am only praying for your salvation." But she also told me God let her know that my H is so self absorbed right now that his heart is like a rock and GOd can only get in your heart if you want HIM to,but that by me beign an example and Christ like and also remembering HIS promise that if YOUR saved, you and your house will be too, JUST do not give up! Presevere, God likes you too.

I read the book "The praying Wife" it is excellent! It showed me just excactly how to pray and for WHAT to pray for. There is another book for husbands too i think if your interested. God does not want or like divorce so i think if your wife is praying for that it may not be answered or at least not until some other changes happen first.

As for your lottery example, i don't think God likes us to gamble and that is a form of gambling which evven though it may not be alot of money but it does take away from beign blessed like tithes do. I have never played it even though it's only one dollar,but it can add up and become addictive, plus my dad use to be a heavy poker gambler before he got saved. He even gambled my mom's house away when i was little so think some people started little then worked themselves up to bigger types of gambling.

chicki #923901 02/08/07 04:19 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Chicki...

Thanks for responding. I was only using the lottery as an example of praying for the wrong things. I have the Power Of a Praying Husband Handbook. It has a lot of good prayers in it based on different subjects. I have not read the book. But the handbook is very nice.

I have not given up. I am just letting go. There is a difference. Letting go and letting God.

PoohBear

poohbear #923956 02/08/07 04:40 PM
M
M
Chicki:

Everything in God's perfect timing and that woman is correct that you spoke of.

Do you read Charlyne Care's daily emails? It is about marriage restoration and her advice is to: pray, zip the lips, love him unconditionally, and do not set timetables/boundaries because God does not put time restraints/boundaries on us.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
M
M
P.S. The Power of a Praying Wife is an excellent book.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
poohbear #923958 02/08/07 04:40 PM
G
G
poohbear,

Nice. I think you're right we just have to let go. Whatever is meant for us, we will make it happen. I know that for me, I had my eyes opened to me, and I had lost her.

Grace_O #924511 02/08/07 08:02 PM
C
C
Poohbear,
I agree that is one of the best advice ever- letting go & letting God. My mother reminds me of this whenenever I feel like giving up or whenever i try to take control and "fix" the situation myself. She reminds me that when i do that God will step back and say"ok you want to do it then you do it yourself!" I have learned the hard way i can't do it w/ ou HIS help.

Steelersfan,
No i haven't heard of those emails.

chicki #2757158 08/19/17 09:31 PM
C
C
I hope this does not go against any board rules but I thought I would resurrect this thread.

I really needed to read this today to reinforce that I am on the right path... Just Let Go...

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
Coly23 #2757168 08/19/17 10:52 PM
T
T
Thanks, Coly, useful thread

Me: 53 H:38
T:20 M:14
BD ILYB etc 10/15, H diagnosed severe depression
S 1/16
PA 4/16
H filed 1/17

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis