Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I now do beleive I beelong here.
Things have been going rather well.
W is now back home and doing better this time around. I have been incredibly supportive to the point it about kills me. The worst is when she is so depressed that sh doesn't know what to do with herself. I here that this is normal and part of the re-adjustment and withdrawal phase. I also read about it in Dr. Harley's book "Surviving an Afair" where the spouse will only want to sleep and mope around.
For her part, she is managing a lot better.
It's just hard because I want to help but there's little one can do. She understands this and is putting forth a real effort.
She talks of things for us to do in the future together and building our lives together but I also now know that talk is cheap.

No, I do not agree that an affair is justified. But, I also beleive in forgiveness. I have come to accept that there is nothing that I or her can do to undo what has happened though. So the options are - we either live with it and deal with it appropriatly (what ever that may be) or go our seperate ways. I have come to accept that my W is human. We have discussed some of this and the hows and whys of it. I think for the most part the OM is wearing off into a memory. There was actually an instance where they happened to see each other and he was trying to accuse me of some things she said. It upset her (YEA) in the fact that she thought she had dealt with it already and he brought it up again. In the end, it was as if he was trying to belittle me. Maybe in an effort to get her to leave. Anyhow, it was a chance meeting and he didn't fair well.

We relize we have a ways to go. I have heard it takes close to 2 years to rebuild.

I will try to get back here when possible and I will keep everyone here in prayer.

T
T
Bottom-line CONGRADULATIONS BUDDY. Know you have a long way to go, but its moving in the right direction for you. My prayers and hopes are with you big time ... make that BIG TIME.

Very happy for you Nathan .. why don't you leave this board alone for a while and just focus on taking care of business at home. I know that will require just about all of your attention if you're going to do everything the way it needs to be done.

Tom

N
Nathan Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I don't get out here much.
Just thought I'd drop a line here real quick.
Things are progressing. Still no ILU's from her but I feel they will come in time.
Our 8yr anniv. is Aug 14. We are taking a trip to Niagra Falls for a few days that week. We both have that full week off.

Thanks for the support Tom. You're right, this (my marriage) is consuming large amounts of time but I'm not complaining. I don't get out here much.
Gotta go.

L
L
nathan
Good Luck! I hope your trip goes well!
lisa

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard