Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
One last thing.... he can go about being a perfect parent. I am afraid he might burnout one day. But he will see for himself. He has so much love for his son just as I have so much love for my daughter. And I’m going to keep going as an imperfect parent. As long he respects my parenting, I will respect his. I think that’s fair

D
D
Oh I have so much I want to add!!! But I’m out on a weekend trip - the same one one that started things off with wild girl one year ago. Talked with Ed parents last night but they all don’t be here as it’s D18 graduation. I’ll perhaps talk about this later in the eeek on my own thread / or not. But to the point here, I really thin you are seeing who M is and he’s not likely to change much soon. I see sooooo much if myself in M so so much. Don’t anyone fall off their chairs here, especially Andrew but I have to agree with bear all that he said and will be saying much if the same when I’m not in the road and on a phone.

Off for a long day - two gigs ending at 1 AM followed by a two hour drive. Hmmmm will I meet a possible cruise date winner again today? Yeah I guess I do need to start thinking more about that. Again this belongs on my thread. Hang in there Ginger.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I’m sure he is who is. But what you want don, and what he wants, are two different things. But he wants to get what he wants only his way, if that makes sense. He wants a long term committed loving relationship and he wants his son to see that grow between 2 people ( his words). So, he has an unusual way of getting to his destination.

That being said. I’m going to try to take a different approach and frame of mind. Then it will come to me. I am determined to make this work for the long term without sacrificing myself.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
And honestly, since the convo, he has been super attentive and loving . Pursuing more. I know he loves me me dearly. We most likely won’t see each other until next Friday, because I did make that switch with my ex.

T
T
Remember G actions not words. If your in for the long haul and know he is THE ONE then just continue on. No R is perfect and if you feel comfortable communicating with him as you work to build a R with him then that is most important.

You will never like everything about a person. You just have to decide if what you don't like is a 10 on your scale and a deal breaker or it's a 1 and not that significant at all.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, on a whim I got enough pool passes for M and his son to come. They came with. And met more of my people!

The ex and the wife! They went to the pool too. They were there a little later but we even sat by each other .
It was nice, we had fun. He even kissed me on the forehead in the pool. His kid loves hanging out with us.

This is good stuff. I know it.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We hit a rough patch this week. He’s had a really bad week in baby mama drama land. He picked a little bit of a fight with me, has been kind of distant and snippy.

We went out last night and before we did he told me how much he was looking forward to it. We hadn’t been alone in 2 weeks. It felt like it used to when we used to get super excited to see each other . He got here and gave me a huge kiss . He told me about what transpired today at his son’s school orientation. I read emails he explained it to me and it really makes me cry what he deals with . After he vented he just sat with me on the couch and hugged me so hard. It was beautiful weather so we decided to dine al fresco where we had our first date. He really relaxed and we had, joked, laughed, like it always was with us. We came back to my place and you know, ( been a while for that too). We were cuddling and he said he was sorry for the way has been lately and it has been so hard and he knows he doesn’t tell me often, but it means the world for him the way i am there for him and that he loves me very much.

The other day he invited me to spend Father’s Day with him and his son. And I knew that said a lot right there. Unfortunately, I am working this weekend and I can’t . I did decide to get him a card with a gift. I got them 2 passes to this mini waterpark/amusement park. I told him to wait to open it when he’s with his son even though I won’t be there. I am sure his mom takes the kid to get something for him, but his ex would never. He takes his son to get a card for mom, but she wouldn’t do the same. So I hope he enjoys it.
He did tell me how much he liked my dad. Then I know it’s awful, but he finally had to say something about my ex’s wife. She is NOT an attractive woman my any stretch of the imagination. Not that I’m hot stuff, but often people look at her and then at me, and go “WTF” I just say I must have a really bad personality.

Oh, and one more thing. The ex and his wife came to pick up D yesterday. I helped her to the car. I was looking nice because I met a friend for lunch and was going out M . The ex gives me the “look” and asked if I was going out for a night on the town. He then noticed my hair (it’s getting blonde and I actually wore it curly, which he always liked) and he told me my hair looked good in front of his wife. Then he noticed my necklace M got me for my birthday. He said it was really cool and asked me where I got it and I told him where. I think he’s got an ounce of jealousy in him. It’s 11 years, but he’s not used to me dating someone exclusively for so long. Your loss buddy.

J
J
First of all, don’t say your not hot stuff cause my male friends would be all over you to get a date - but i think women that date pregnant women’s husbands just naturally exude an ugliness that corrupts their physical appearance. It’s sensed because beauty somehow manifests from within. People probably sense that about her when they make those comments. She’s an ugly person inside.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you juju. I know with me, when I know something ugly about someone, they appear ugly to me.

Last night on a whim M invited me to a carnival with him and his son. I took them up on the offer . We had a great time. He’s still so weird about his son seeing us show any affection. He will sneak in a peck, only if his son can’t see. When we left, he put his son in the truck, I had my own car, and he gave me the most awkward peck on the Forehead. He was afraid his son was going to see.

My problem with this isn’t that I need affection. It’s that I feel like we are sneaking around and our relationship feels like something he needs to hide. It’s time now. We have definitely eased him in. It’s safe to say the kid really likes me and he wouldn’t be upset or bothered by it. I’m definitely going to talk to him about it.

Oh, and I saw

K
kml Offline
K
Saw what? No cliffhangers!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard