Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
D - I am totally fine with her not asking questions. All I wanted was for her to acknowledge that I did it out of respect for her as their mother. I trusted her and she knows she can trust me.

K - we actually spoke about the PDA and both agreed we needed to lay off. I don't want to immediately be the Brady bunch either but it will be nice to have a little more freedom. I have absolutely have no questions about her character, integrity, mental stability etc. She is a really good woman.

N - LOL....I know it will be fine that is why it is kind of scary smile Deep breaths!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
G
What are you guys doing ? I’m sure it will go great. Leading up to it is nerve wracking, but it’s relieving when it happens.

Granted the times we have our kids are different than yours, we built up to doing more things together. We didn’t start out to heavy. We probably average about once a week kid stuff. Which is a good balance.

Have fun!

T
OP Offline
T
We are going to this place called Pinstacks….essentially like a Dave and Busters but for kids. I can tell she is ready to get this ball rolling!!

Saw the XW at my oldest volleyball game last and let her know that the girls would be meeting the DR and her son. She was very supportive, asked what she did, where she lived, etc. I had no problems answering her questions. She started to talk a little more about her BF and the girls as well. She told me that my youngest tells him that her daddy has big muscles. I don't know if she is being protective of me in her little mind, maybe she is comparing, I don't know but I thought it was interesting. I did tell my youngest that it was ok and she just laughed. Maybe they are processing everything in their own way in their little minds. They seem really happy though so hopefully it's not a big deal.

Saw the Dr. last night for week night get together, will see her tonight for date night and then again on Saturday for our kid activities. Sunday is Father's Day so I will be out on the lake with friends and the girls. I asked the XW if I could keep the girls longer on Sunday and she had no problems with it.

I have noticed we are spending more and more time together. I feel more relief knowing that she is going to meet my kids and friends this weekend. Not sure why but now that my kids know, my XW knows and my friends know It doesn't feel like I am sneaking around. It's kind of hard to describe.

Married 14, Together 17
A
A
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
We are going to this place called Pinstacks….essentially like a Dave and Busters but for kids. I can tell she is ready to get this ball rolling!!
The Mighty Huntress laugh

Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
I feel more relief knowing that she is going to meet my kids and friends this weekend. Not sure why but now that my kids know, my XW knows and my friends know It doesn't feel like I am sneaking around. It's kind of hard to describe.
Yep - I'm familiar with that myself even though my circumstances are rather different.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
T
OP Offline
T
Ahhhh yes the huntress. Well i think the huntress might be thinking about marriage as well after conversations that came up last night.

She finally met some of my friends last night. I don't have a wide circle but these friends are an older couple (my parents age) and have known me, my XW and daughters since our oldest was born. My parents don't live close so over the years they have become like parents and grand parents to my daughters. We went out to their house, had a couple of drinks and sat on their back porch and just chatted. I thought things went really well. The Dr. is very opinionated and independent not judging with her opinions but doesn't filter for the sake of blending in or concerned about what someone thinks. So there were a couple of things that came up in conversation that I know isn't of popular opinion with my friends (religion for example) but since she doesn't know them wouldn't have put a filter on even if she wanted to. I hope that makes sense. When she first arrived they shook hands but when we left they gave hugs so I think it all went well. TBH I don't think my stand in mom would like anyone unless they agreed with everything she said and could be controlled but I digress smile

So after that we went out and had a good night but in the middle of the night the Dr. got food poisoning or caught a bug. I wasn't aware as she went and slept on the couch but when I woke up I found out. She said she went to the couch so I could sleep. I asked her if there was anything I could do or run to the store for her but she said "no". Since I knew she had been up most of the night I left earlier than normal so she could get some rest. I checked in on her later and she said she got sick 4 more times after I left. She promised her son she would take him to the water park today so she sucked it up and took him.

Kid meeting tonight at 5. I am not nervous at all and am really looking forward to it.

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
Kid intros happened, it was really no big deal. Although pulling up to the place I was nervous and it felt a little like a first date. It was a little awkward at first as we tried to get our bearings but it all worked out fine. I don't know that the kids really played together though which I guess is to be expected. Her kid is used to running around and doing his own thing while my girls are used to playing with each other. They did do a couple of activities together though and dinner was nice as well all sat there and chatted so overall I think it went well. The Dr. was not feeling well so she was not her normal self. She was still recovering from food poisoning and had been at the water park for 4 hours that day as well.

My girls told me she was nice and very pretty pretty. We pretty much laid off on all PDA outside of some hand holding here and there and maybe a few kisses but that was it. The kids seemed oblivious to it as well. So I guess that's it. We are certainly not going to become instant family but it does give us some more flexibility to start incorporating the kids into our plans so we would see each other more.

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
Sounds like it went good.
The kid meetings are nerve wracking for us, them, it’s a play date.

What did you think about her son?

T
OP Offline
T
Very talkative and happy little boy. You can tell he is an only kid though just with how he acts. I could tell he used to the world revolving around him. Not that it was a bad thing but you could tell he was used to getting his way or trying to control the situation. I noticed it with his mom and not anything towards my girls. I think he could benefit from playing with other kids which he doesn't get a lot of time doing unless he is at school. The Dr. openly admits she hasn't expanded his social circles and most of his time is spent around adults.

That said he didn't seem like a little a-hole, he is not into sports, he does cub-scouts, can speak Spanish and is very cute and smart.

I also noticed that the dr. is very sensitive to his schedule, any bug bite he gets, he only likes certain types of food, etc. A little annoying as I don't if it has to do with him being an only kid and being caudled or that is who he is and since she is a DR. is overly critical about anything that impacts him or her.

Married 14, Together 17
J
J
Dr’s Son sounds similar to mine (except We are not as rigid regarding schedules, food etc). My son is tough cause he lacks social maturity and needs tons of attention. If her ex was not very involved - they might have a relationship where she treats him like a partner instead of a child (for example - where would you like to go out to eat, what should we do this weekend, etc) and then they do end up trying to control the situation. I notice this dynamic with my son. Its basically only been the 2 of them. My sons got so much energy but is not into sports and i bets it’s cause dad has limited role. They had no male figure to follow. I love playing sports but my son has no desire to model after me. Probably would be more inclined to model after a male role model.

These little boys crave father figure interaction and playing. My son worships my brother who gets “boy silly” with him so I bet you could offer him a lot.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
J
J
Also Happy Fathers Day!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11