CALL 303-444-7004 to get started right away!

A Divorce Busting® Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

A Divorce Busting Telephone Coach
can help you save your marriage singlehandedly!
CALL 303-444-7004
or see Coaching Packages online at the Divorce Busting Store

A Message from Michele
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2849374
05/16/19 12:09 AM
05/16/19 12:09 AM
K
kml Offline
kml  Offline
K
Have a great vacay!

Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2850274
05/22/19 08:14 PM
05/22/19 08:14 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Back to the world of work today after my week-long vacation that included THE BEST weekend get-away with Sparky in the history of weekend get-aways. Y'all...................I just can't even. We stayed in this interesting, eclectic little place that was an actual train caboose that has been redone on the inside. It was private, secluded and had its own deck with nice deck chairs and table, a fancy charcoal grill and a hot tub big enough for more than just the 2 of us which allowed us both to stretch out and just relax. The first night we just hung out on the deck, grilled supper and hot tubbed until late into the night. Saturday we slept in and started out day with Bloody Marys in the hot tub. We went to an olive oil tasting room which I had never heard of but was fun and unique. The town we were in is very touristy and very liberal for Arkansas. It is known for its artsy stuff and being very open and friendly. It is definitely a unique place with a funky vibe. After our olive oil experience, we went to a local hotel that is famed to be one of the most haunted in the country and had pizza and beer at their newly-opened bar on the roof. Then, back to our hideaway for more hot tub time. We would've tubbed longer but a storm rolled through and ran us inside, so we napped and got ready for our supper adventure. Supper was a funky wine bar that served different charcuterie boards and offered a wide array of wines to accompany them. Of course a fancy charcuterie board had to be finished with a decadent dessert so we chose their one sweet option that was all chocolates and fruits. Yummy! Back for more hot tubbing and a few beers to round out our night. Sunday, hot tubbing followed by bagels, then it was time to check out. Sadly, our stay came to an end WAY too fast. Our last stop was the Christ of the Ozarks statue which is a giant 7 story tall statue of Jesus. It was interesting to see and I'm glad we did it. The best part of all of that was that we just got to slow down, relax, visit and not focus on anything but ourselves. We didn't look at our phones much and didn't watch tv at all, except for a movie in bed Saturday night. It was, in a word, perfect. I'm sorry to say the facebook pics some of you saw do not even begin to do the beauty of the area justice. But, I did the best I could. LOL I absolutely feel even deeper in love with Sparky after our trip than I did before and I wasn't sure that was possible.

Me 49, XH 50
3 adult daughters from his first marriage
3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter
My 1st marriage, his 2nd
BD 9/29/2014
H moved out 10/6/2014
H filed D 11/4/2014
D final 12/17/2014
Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: Dawn70] #2850280
05/22/19 08:46 PM
05/22/19 08:46 PM
K
kml Offline
kml  Offline
K
Sounds fantastic!

Re: Life Ain't Always Beautiful [Re: kml] #2850394
05/23/19 04:49 PM
05/23/19 04:49 PM
D
Dawn70 Offline OP
Dawn70  Offline OP
D
Originally Posted by kml
Sounds fantastic!

So amazing, kml! I can't even begin to describe how fantastic it truly was. We both so needed it.

I found out yesterday that the first person I went out on a date with has reconciled with his wife and she is pregnant. I'm happy for him and not all that surprised. I actually posted about him here some as I navigated that newness of dating after divorce. He was separated and not divorced but for some reason I took a chance, which is actually unusual for me. He was way too young for me and at the time, he told me he didn't want kids, so while I'm not surprised that he is back with his wife, I am a little surprised that she is pregnant. It has me questioning whether anything he said to me was real or if it was just a way to get sex. I mean, I don't know what his point of telling me he didn't want kids would have been since I wasn't looking for that anyway. I have kids....one who is his age, in fact. LOL Anyway, not dwelling on it and I am happy for him, but it just gave me a moment's pause wondering what was real and what wasn't.

I think I shared some stuff here, but my best friend is going through heartbreak yet again as he found out the woman he'd been interested in was seeing someone else while telling him she wasn't ready to date. I tried more than once, in a gentle and loving and supportive way, to tell him she was manipulating him and she was just using him. He kept telling me that she wasn't asking for anything and she technically wasn't, but he's a soft touch for a sob story and she figured that out quickly and soft-soaked him. He said to me more than once that he gave her money or offered her money and he she never took it when he offered it, but he justified it by saying that she never asked him for it, he offered it. Well, she didn't have to ask for it because she was good at letting him know a bill needed to be paid and then he'd just go pay it because that is who he is. Ugh....................I love him but I want to smack him. He is still trying to sit down and talk face to face with her because he says he needs closure. I keep telling him she's not going to give him what he wants, but he doesn't care. I think he thinks if she sits down face to face he can somehow convince her that she should stick around and give him a chance. It's sad really because he's a great guy with so much to offer someone. Of course, now that this woman has shown her true colors, he's back to wanting to sniff around his XW. The anniversary of his dad's death was yesterday so I called to check on him and he was on his way to the cemetery. He had asked his XW to go with him and she, as usual, told him she would then blew him off. I asked him why he expected it to be different because this is what she always does. I told him I would've gladly gone with him if he had called me. But, he wanted her because he says his dad loved her. (His stepmom and sisters say that his dad hated her, but he just won't accept that and I can see that.) Anyway, I feel so bad for him. I want to help him but you can't help someone unwilling to help themselves.

Me 49, XH 50
3 adult daughters from his first marriage
3 grandsons, 1 granddaughter
My 1st marriage, his 2nd
BD 9/29/2014
H moved out 10/6/2014
H filed D 11/4/2014
D final 12/17/2014
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, job, Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004