Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Originally Posted by JWP
Been focused on GAL - spending a lot of time with D and getting things ready for summer in the yard. Have a question - and I'm sure it has been answered somewhere ... I know I am GALing for myself .. but what if any signs should I be looking for that it is making and DB progress ... sometime wonder if her anger towards me is some indication. My C suggested that the anger is a result of fear and sadness ... thoughts?

DB progress is for you. GAL helps you move on healthy and happy. Not to get her back. Sometimes it has that side-effect, but if you DB with one eye on her reaction, whether or not she is noticing, whether or not it is having an effect on her, she will see right through.

Drop the rope. DB for you.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
H
H
Good on you to stay focused on GAL, and awesome that you get to spend a lot of time with your daughter!

You answered you own question before asking it... You don't look for signs. Just GAL. By actively looking for sign, you are holding on to a rope that you clearly need to drop in order to progress in your situation.

You come off as GAL'ing in order to save your relationship, however your outlook should instead be focused on GAL'ing in order to save yourself regardless of the outcome of your relationship - see what I am getting at?

Mind reading into her emotions, holy cow thats some next level voodoo - best stay clear of that, and just be calm, content and upbeat, regardless of her emotional display.

BD: Wife says "its over" 11th august 2018.
EA: June 2018
PA: August 2018 - ongoing
Status: Taking turns 7 days a week to be in the house w. kids
WW: no regrets, seems happy with leaving.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard