Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1
I can’t explain it, but we both told each other we had the best night and we were still smiling the next day. We didn’t go anywhere or do anything special, we just talked and connected.

It is hard to explain, but I TOTALLY get it. Sparky and I have fun together, but we don't have to go anywhere or do anything specific to just hang out, talk, feel connected. Sure, we go to concerts and we have done a couple of fun spa-like things, movies, go out to dinner and attend family gatherings, but some of my favorite "dates" are our regular Friday nights after we have both worked all week and we just chill and have dinner and watch a movie or talk or just "be" together. He is a big fan of World of Warcraft, so he'll bring his laptop to my house and he'll sit and play that while we watch a movie and we can talk and just relax together. It is a really comfortable, really peaceful, really safe place to be and I like it.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline
K
Haha - about the bra shopping. Friend of mine's 85 year old mother had a fall and hit her head while out shopping. She was in Victoria's Secret with her hands full of panties and bras that went flying, and all she could say was "were's my bra?". Go mom!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So, I’ve done the right thing in life. I spoke to the ex and his MIL almost died. Actually, she sort of did. She coded. He explained everything to me, had questions and I guided him. I told him that his wife could reach out to me with any questions she has. I guess he told her and she texted me and expressed her sincere thanks. I told her that her mom and family are in my thoughts.

She’s very close to her mom. No matter the crappy things we do in our life, she is a human facing losing her mom and my daughter cares about her mom too. So I offered my help. I think I did the right thing.

Never saw myself here, I’ll tell you that much.

I finished my first well back at work and this week kicked my butt. I work so hard and long, but you know what? My team and my coworkers are the best. And I do like what I do. I’m starving and craving my dinner , but I’m too tired to cook it, tomorrow I get stuff done and see M tomorrow night. Then Easter with his family . I’m gonna cheat on my diet. Which I’m kicking butt at by the way!

K
kml Offline
K
You're a good person.

job Offline
I agree w/kml, you are a good person w/a kind heart. You did the right thing and it shows all that you can step up to the plate no matter what.

Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you both . My religion is “do the right thing” , so that’s what I’ll keep doing.

Happy Easter!!!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I had such a great weekend. M and I had a special date last night. I won’t give the details, it was a first for me, and a lot of fun. We were home by 1am ( late night for us) we slept until 10:30Am which I never get to do ( up a few times to tend to dog though. Then I arrived for Easter dinner at his house. His bro, his wife, her sister and mom were there ( and of course his mom) dinner was delish. I stayed until almost 9. I have to say, it feels so good to be included in the family stuff as his girlfriend. I never really made it to the point of holidays with the family with anyone but my ex. I always felt like some dirty little secret with other guys, like I wasn’t good enough to bring home to mom. It’s such a nice feeling

I made a joke to him and asked him if it was like being with another woman when he Felt my top half. I was laying in his arms and he said “it’s just like being with you, because it’s whats in here and here that makes you you ( pointing to my head and my heart” he is such an amazing man. How lucky am I?

I haven’t really thought about the future with us. I’ve started to. I wouldn’t let myself get ahead of myself like my old MO. But coming up onto 8 months I am beginning to think about it. I think I’ve known I had no future with any other guy I’ve dated. But with him, I feel one. Will we ever live together? I don’t know. It gets complicated with kids and homeowner ship and the such. But I would love to wake up with every morning and go to bed with him every night. And come home to him after work. One day I would really want that. But he still makes an effort to kind of not let his son know our status. But I think his son does know, actually. I also haven’t lived with anyone in 11 years. That’s a long time. Marriage I doubt will be on the table. His scars might have been too deep. Mine were for a long time and I was totally closed off to it. I am not anymore, but it isn’t a necessity to me. We aren’t having kids and We aren’t religious We don’t talk about future plans like that. We just let our relationship flow. And it’s flowing beautifully. I think we even think of my dog as our dog. He offered to help me fix my lawn up and said he would mow it, he just can’t commit to every week because he has his own. I said I wouldn’t let him do that. But to even offer that? Very kind.

Anyways, I’ve seen my daughter once this week. I’m excited for her to come home tomorrow. Although she wants one of her friends to come over after school. And she will be here until about 8 pm. She’s all about the friends now. Which I am happy about. I like to see her thrive with her friends. But I miss my baby girl!

If you have actually made it through my rambling journal, Hays off to you! So many thoughts going off in my head!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Boring short journal. Easy week, had to work yesterday. But I have off Friday. Work is wearing me to the bone. Working 9 hour days for 7.5 hours of pay is getting to me. Then being told I can’t have vacation because we don’t have enough coverage. Not cool. The bright side is I love my coworkers and the job itself and apparently I am doing very well and I changed the dynamic of the team on my floor. It was miserable and now it’s great. We work well together

It will be a week and a half without seeing M. We had kids this weekend, work, etc. and this week he has 2 meetings for his lake and kid the other days. I’m have D11 Friday night because ex had plans. We need a girls night anyways. But Friday night M and I will see each other. I guess this is what it looks like for busy adults with kids and jobs. Things are still going really good though .

D11 is continuing to be a pre teen who just wants to spend all her time with friends and put her social life in front of responsibilities. We got into it a few times this week. Life with a teenager. Help me. Friday night her and I are doing a one on one activity because we don’t get to anymore.

That’s it. Boring boring. Busy busy. And my dog is still a terror trying to kill me.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I think I am going to sign off for a little while. I think it will be good for my mental health. I’m going to focus on myself a little more because quite honestly I need to. Sometimes this gets too much.

I wish you all happiness and health in all you do.
My top next time.....

K
kml Offline
K
Girl - I think things sound like they're going well with the boyfriend. Take care of yourself. Parenting is HARD.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard