DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Last post from old thread...

Thanks FS. Yes...”in transition” does strike me as a version of MLC...lol. I am definitely keeping my distance in that respect. I am enjoying his friendship. We have a funny dynamic. We get into debates all the time and I love getting him going...lol. It’s fun to talk to him. I have no expectations other than that.

So...my coffee date turned into dinner because he got held up on the mainland and missed his ferry. As I predicted, super nice guy... not attracted to him at all. Pretty sure he liked me though. Sigh... the last time I did the OLD thing, I met five guys and was attracted to four of them. This time around...not so much. I’m not even sure I’m attracted to Facebook Guy and I’ve probably spent at least 20 hours with him.

So...had some bad news and some good news today. I’ve had an electric car for four years and this year my battery has been really acting up and giving me super low range. I thought they had fixed it a week ago with a new battery management download but that lasted a few days and when I went on my weekend with my sister it was draining power at an alarming rate. Anyway...long story short, I took it in today and they called me to say that the battery is not functioning at an acceptable level [tell me something I didn’t know]. But...the good news is that it is still covered under warranty so they are replacing it with a brand new battery!!! That’s like giving me a brand new car. So when I picked it up, I asked the service guy, out of curiosity, how much a new battery costs. He told me that the warranty price [less than if a customer had ordered it apparently] is $24,000!!! Holy cr@p!!!! I couldn’t believe it. How lucky am I?!?

Anyway...I thought I might have to buy a new car but this will buy me a few more years at least. smile

D
DnJ Online
D
Great news on the batteries. Replaced under warranty is excellent.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks DnJ. I’m still in disbelief they are replacing my battery. Apparently the new models for 2020 have a 400 km range so I’m really hoping I get one of those batteries...lol.

Went on another first date last night. We took my dog for a walk and then had dinner at a local pub. It was fun and I had a good time but I didn’t feel any real attraction to him. So that’s five dates with me feeling “meh” and then Facebook guy where I am basically sitting on the fence. Speaking of... he was in town yesterday. He so confuses me. He texted me that he was having a lazy morning. Then he texted me awhile later that he was going to go to Costco and then to the lake where we hiked on his way home to hang out in the wind. I just texted him to say “be careful”. So then about ten minutes later he texts “sticks not on sale” which told me he was at a store about five minutes from my house and not at home where I thought he was. So I texted him to ask if he was where I thought he was and he didn’t reply. I followed up with “if you are, you should come over for some tea”. He was probably in his truck heading to Costco cause he replied when he got there (Costco is 10 minutes from my house) to thank me for the invite but he had just got to Costco and “nature calls” (meaning he wanted to get to the lake to sit in the storm). He texted me while he was at the lake to complain that it wasn’t windy enough. He also texted me when I was on my date to tell me that he was bored. I kept my phone in my purse and texted him back a couple hours later. So...I really don’t know what to make of him. He was literally five minutes from my house and made no attempt to see me other than to send me texts. And last night telling me that I needed to get more sleep to be healthier.

Spent an hour last night texting with my “boy toy” just before I went to bed. He’s too young for me but I do have fun talking to him. I told him when I get a new battery for my car, I’m going to drive to his town to test my battery and to have that drink with him that I promised.

Pool playoffs today. Looking forward to hanging out with my team and focusing on pool.

Love and (((HUGS))) to all!!!

D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Journaling...

Life goes on as usual. OLD adventures continue. I have started talking to guy #7. He has swiped right on me in Bumble about three weeks ago. I hadn’t swiped either way so he was just sitting there. He barely said anything in his profile. The only thing I knew was that he is 6’0” tall and likes football (North American kind). I was in the lunch room a earlier in the week and one other person was in there. She and I started looking at my dating app for fun and she saw the guy’s profile and told me she knew him from playing slo-pitch. She said I should swipe right on him because she thinks we have some things in common and would get along. So I did and we’ve been texting on and off. Will probably meet him this weekend sometime. My expectations are low...lol.

Joined a spring pool league that I haven’t been in before. The quality of players is lower than what I am used to (didn’t lose a game) so I don’t know that it is going to help my game. There was a 30-something guy on the other team who seemed like he probably does a lot of drugs. Of course, cause I have a sign on my forehead that says “welcome all weirdos”, he honed in on me and was hovering around me all night trying to make conversation. My teammate who I have known since he was a teenager (he’s in his 30s now) noticed and told me that to get rid of this guy, I would have to make out with him (my teammate) and then proceeded to tell me “the offer still stands” whenever I was near him. My sister thinks I am nuts but I swear he was half serious...lol. He came to my New Year’s party and ever since then, I have gotten this feeling that he kinda likes me. He suddenly added me as a Facebook friend and messages me every few days with a joke or something random. He’s overly interested in my dating life. He goes out of his way to talk to me when we are at pool and he never did before. I gave him a hug last night and he hugged me differently...less “friendly”...hard to explain but it was just a different vibe. Anyway...11 more weeks of this league to go...lol.

Facebook guy and I continue to text every day. Yesterday I texted him to ask how his day was going and he responded saying not great as he had just found out his aunt was in the hospital where I live and she has no one and he can’t visit until Friday. So...I offered to drop in on her with a treat and a message from him. At first he declined my offer but then changed his mind when I told him I used to volunteer at a hospital when I was a teenager and I visited with a lot of elderly people who didn’t have anyone and it wasn’t a big deal. He agreed so I stopped by the hospital on my way home from work. Unfortunately, I didn’t see her because she was on quarantine for an airborne virus but I did leave her a note and a cupcake. Facebook guy must have texted me five times to thank me. I told him it was no big deal and I was happy to do it. He’s coming to my town on Friday to visit her and says he will probably stop by my place to say “hi” since I have the day off. Two sit-down visits in one day... it might just kill him...lol.

So that’s about all on my end. Lots of love and (((HUGS))) to all!!!

B
B
Sounds like a great update DV6! Lots of possibilities for you date wise while you kick everyone's b88t in the pool league! :-)

Happy to hear you are doing good!

-B

Me:34 W:40
D1:4
M:7 T:8
BD:3/18
D Final: 6/19
D
D
DV,

That was sweet of you to visit the hospital even if it didn't work out. That kind of selfless act is not typical nowadays and reflects the type of person you are. I can't imagine anyone doing that for me. I would be very touched.

Are you interested in your teammate as a possible dating partner or is that attention unwanted? If you are picking up on signs, they are probably there. Trust your gut.

I hate profiles where the person gives you little to no information about themselves outside of pictures. The message seems to be that for them the only thing that matters is what you look like. I took a lot of time and care trying to craft my words in a way that reflects the kind of person I am. But the slapdash approach seems more common (and when I am feeling desperate I will confess to swiping right on some of them.)

Great update! Have fun out there!

W 34 Me 42
Married 7 years together 8
0 kids 1 beloved dog
BD 4/6/2018
I moved out 4/7/2018
I moved back in alone 8/05/2018
I file 3/06/2019
D official 5/7/2019
F
F
Every time I read a new update from you DV a wicked little grin appears on my face. Every sentence you write is filled with a renewed vigor and love for life.

You go girl (as the cool kids say).

Davide - I thought about what I'd put on a dating profile a little while back. I was stumped. I am right now feeling immense pressure just thinking of coming up with words to make me 'interesting' ... and i don't even have any intention of registering.

W40 (me), H40
M14, Together 16
D12, D9

BD Oct 17
Moved out Mar 18

A
A
Originally Posted by DejaVu6
Of course, cause I have a sign on my forehead that says “welcome all weirdos”, he honed in on me and was hovering around me all night trying to make conversation.

Hahaha! I had a lady friend that was like that too, a magnet to every scumbag within range-of-vision. I have no idea why because she was pretty, dressed really nice and did not give off a "come and get it" vibe like you would think would appeal to riff raff.

He came to my New Year’s party and ever since then, I have gotten this feeling that he kinda likes me. He suddenly added me as a Facebook friend and messages me every few days with a joke or something random. He’s overly interested in my dating life. He goes out of his way to talk to me when we are at pool and he never did before. I gave him a hug last night and he hugged me differently...less “friendly”...hard to explain but it was just a different vibe.

Yup you are right, he's definitely hitting on you in "nice guy" ways. I take it that you are not interested? He'll probably keep trying these covert hits, so if it bothers you then you might want to mention to him that you're not interested in him beyond being friends. I think he'll stop it if you say something.

He agreed so I stopped by the hospital on my way home from work. Unfortunately, I didn’t see her because she was on quarantine for an airborne virus but I did leave her a note and a cupcake.

Wow that is so incredibly sweet of you! I love that gesture! It may not seem like a big deal to you, but in this day and age, kind gestures are so incredibly rare.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for stopping by everyone. It is really great to still have your support even though I am through the worst of my sitch. My STBXH was by my house this morning as per usual to pick up our D for tutoring. When he stopped by on Tuesday, he brought me some coconut syrup for coffee that he had ordered [I knew about it] and told me I didn't owe him any money even though I will pay him back anyway. This morning I didn't see him because I was busy getting ready. Made me think back to the early days when it seemed like everything I did...see him, not see him, smile, act as if, etc... was so calculated and forced. Made me smile because everything I do now is just me being me getting on with my day. If I happen to see him in the process or not...it's all the same to me. Detachment...it is such a relief. I care about him... I will always care about him...but what he does or doesn't do no longer affects me. I can truly say that now and it is a gift...to have me back. I am laughing again... excited about the future and how unknown it is...grateful for all of these new people who have come into my life [I include all of you in that] and reminded me that I am still worthy of love and positive regard. I have been through the worst emotional pain that I ever been through and although I never, ever want to go through it again, I am grateful for it. Not only have I survived but I have thrived and I am a better person for it.

RE: my teammate. I am definitely not interested in dating him. I have known him since he was a teenager and my sister and BIL took him under their wings, so to speak, when he lost his mom (his dad had died years before). He is also an employee of my BIL so even more potential for awkwardness. I'm not exactly sure but I'm probably about 18 years older than him. He is still 17 in my mind...lol. I'm flattered but he is just too young for me. Right now, he is just being a friend to me so I can't really say anything to him as he hasn't crossed any lines...it is just a vibe I am getting that wasn't there before. Definitely not giving him any mixed messages though so I hope it will just die a natural death and he will become my friend again.

Thanks for all the positive feedback about my hospital visit. It is sad that a good neighbour kind of gesture like that is seen as rare these days. In my mind it really was not a big deal and I would have done it for any one of my friends. Facebook guy's reluctance to accept my offer surprised me at first but given what you said, I can see why he was a bit hesitant. Maybe he thought I was trying to ingratiate myself to him or that he would owe me? Honestly...I didn't even think of it that way. I am glad he reconsidered as I imagine it lifted her spirits a bit to know he was thinking of her and planning a visit. I hope he drops by tomorrow as I haven't seen him in two weeks. Still haven't decided if I am physically attracted to him or not but I kinda miss him...lol.

Signed up for a seventh first date...lol. The guy I've been texting with off and on who has a lot of similar interests as me. We're going to meet on Saturday to play some pool. Fingers crossed I might want a second date (him too...lol) or that maybe I can at least make another friend.

Happy Easter everyone!!! Much love and (((HUGS))) to you all!!!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard