Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
L
L
Originally Posted by TBSakaJ9
LH how was the date?

It was ok but I don't think I will see her again. What was interesting was I had mention she was a WAW so that came up in conversation. She said she told him directly three different times that this wasn't working and that they needed to fix it. So I directly asked "so you told him directly point blank 3 separate times that it wasn't working"? She then changed it to not in some many words but he should have gotten the point. It still amazes me how we are such different creatures trying to live, communicate and understand one another while trying to live together for 50-60 years.

She made a comment that one guy wanted her to meet his kids after 2 months and that was a deal breaker for her.

This seems like a weird deal breaker to me. 2 months is a deal breaker for her yet she is trying to push you at 3 months.

If your values and beliefs tell you 6 months (which I agree with BTW) stick to it. If she dumps you because of it more then likely that is not the reason.

T
OP Offline
T
All great points. I know I am fine either way, I don't need her as I was completely fine without her before. I guess I felt more pressure because we kind of had our first pseudo talk at the restaurant on Saturday. I can't even remember how it came up, I admit probably not the best place for it to occur, but it was the first time we both kind of opened up. I guess that is why I feel the pressure.

Yes, I am still getting to know her, know her quirks, seeing more into life, etc. There has been nothing that scares me so far other than knowing she really, really likes me and she told me last night she really cares for me. That makes me feel some pressure as well. I do think she is being patient with me however I do think she wants me to know where she stands. Maybe indirect pressure????? IDK.

I don't know how she parents, never seen her in action other than a video she posted on her Dr's office Facebook page showing her giving her son a shot. She has sent me many pictures of her son and has shown me videos as well. By all accounts he looks like a happy, healthy, 7 yr old little boy and her a loving mom. He is actually really cute, enjoys Cub Scouts, likes to run around the house in his tighty whiteys, and still has all his stuffed animals. Maybe is spoiled or babied a little bit but he is her only son, she did adopt him, she does have a R with his birth family so I guess that is to be expected. The dad lives over an hour away and only sees him on his designated weekends and not all during the week. According to her he is an absentee father.

I think what J indicated about timing is part of it combined with only being out with 13 or 14 different ladies in roughly 7 months since the DR and I started dating. I know I like her, we have fun when we go out, have sex multiple times on each occasion, she is very talkative, very attentive to me, we touch, flirt, kiss. She is not a party animal, she takes her son to school, goes to work, goes to the gym, and then puts her son to bed then she does it all over again the next day. She does have a nanny that picks her son up from school and stays with him until she gets home from work. She has a ranch in the country that has a small 1400 sq ft house on it, with 25 acres, a shooting range, a creek, and a lot of wide open space to do whatever on that she likes to spend her weekends at just enjoying the country. Her get a way place. She likes to drink wine, is very frugal, very down to earth, did not come from money, raised very middle class. Very intelligent, intellectual, is a word master, put together, seems in control of her emotions, I haven't seen her very low or very high comes across as very even keel. Her mom lives about 3 miles away, she goes to church on Sundays she has a sister that lives in CA that comes to visit every month but she has not spoke with her dad in 15 years. They had a fall out over how he spent his mom's money before she died.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
OP Offline
T
It was ok but I don't think I will see her again

Why not? Did you go for the kiss?

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
After I said 6 months she dropped it and it has not come up again. She has not pressured me for anything sooner or has brought it up, forced me to explain why, etc. When I said 6 months she did indicate that she has heard that as well but she also mentioned that her friends have asked her when the kids are going to meet.

If I had to guess her emotions are getting the best of her. She has told me that she told her friends I am a keeper, that she really really likes me and she cares for me. All of the words to me indicate she is falling in love, or is in love, and that she knows I am the man smile

Still too soon, she needs to tap the breaks and to your point if she does value, respect, and likes/love me then she will be ok with it.

Again I think women who have been out with many guys and have dated for a while know a catch when they come across one. I assume she has been on many dates as it is generally easier for women than men.

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
No I did not. I didn't feel any physical chemistry. Also, some of our values don't align. She said she doesn't swear and doesn't like it. How in the fuch am I going to date someone who doesn't swear? lol.

L
L
I assume she has been on many dates as it is generally easier for women than men.

Easier for women to do what?

T
OP Offline
T
Women and dating...….easier for women to go on dates as they get more inquiries as men. Maybe not good quality inquiries but she will get more interest than a man initially will.

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
Well I believe that is your perception because yes in general men will reach out more on OLD and you don't reach out to women on OLD.

I think that there are more quality women available in general because women generally have their $hit together more then men.

Also, you love to make assumptions don't you?

D
D
Originally Posted by LH19
Well I believe that is your perception because yes in general men will reach out more on OLD and you don't reach out to women on OLD.

I think that there are more quality women available in general because women generally have their $hit together more then men.

Also, you love to make assumptions don't you?

TOTALLY agree with LH on this one. Unless you are smoking hot, like your dr. lady, the dating options are practically nil. I was not blessed with the good looks, so my requests for dates were few and far between. I find it fascinating when you all talk about how women are just inundated with date requests....not at all my experience. on the rare occasions I was hit up for a date, the quality left something to be desired. I do think, IN GENERAL, women do tend to have their $hit together more than men.

I do agree with your point, though J9, that women know a good catch when they see one because they get so many "low-ball offers" so to speak, that quality guys tend to stand out in the crowd.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
T
OP Offline
T
My perception based on what women have told me and or have shown me. Again I have no idea of the quality but I yes men reach out more than women.

I don't know if "love" is an accurate description but I am a overthinker which sometimes takes me down that path of analyzation and assumption making.

Married 14, Together 17
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard