S
S
B, onward and upward!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
D
D
Great update B! It is amazing how many positive steps you have taken in the past few months. The tenor of your posts is a night and day change from not so long ago!

Enjoy the date!

W 34 Me 42
Married 7 years together 8
0 kids 1 beloved dog
BD 4/6/2018
I moved out 4/7/2018
I moved back in alone 8/05/2018
I file 3/06/2019
D official 5/7/2019
H
H
B,

So glad to hear, how things are turning out for you - You are a closing one door, but in front of you, are hundreds of doors, just waiting for you to turn the handle, and behind anyone of these doors, is the possibility of a new, daunting and perhaps extremely rewarding adventure - so travel my friend, and travel safely.

Gods speed.

BD: Wife says "its over" 11th august 2018.
EA: June 2018
PA: August 2018 - ongoing
Status: Taking turns 7 days a week to be in the house w. kids
WW: no regrets, seems happy with leaving.
B
ballast Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thank you all for the warm wishes!

As a small update last night when we were talking she asked me if I knew about the 5 love languages and between the two of us we exchanged the love language we both are and talked about how we would be sure to provide them to each other. She's Acts of Service, I'm Physical Touch with Words of Affirmation. So if I do things to help her, just tell me thank you and give me a kiss.

It's great talking with a younger lady who gets much of the stuff that we talk about on here. We have exchanged lots of pictures and are looking forward to meeting this weekend both of us with fingers crossed in hopes that what we think is a good chemistry truly is in person.

-B

Me:34 W:40
D1:4
M:7 T:8
BD:3/18
D Final: 6/19
G
G
Weren’t you just posting a week or two ago how women and dating were not on your radar and your only focus was on you and D4?

I knew that wouldn’t last long.

You tend to bounce from one extreme to another pretty fast. So all I can do is caution you is to learn from the mistakes of little miss sunshine. Don’t get in so deep so fast. You don’t know this person yet. Save the super deep stuff after you have a real love date.

And keep it slow slow slow slow slow.

I cannot emphasize that enough

B
ballast Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ginger, yes I was. I went on Bumble as my OLD. Only if a lady showed interest in me first was I going to give it a shot. And well, this new lady has expressed interest and so far has shown herself to be a very high quality possibility.

With little miss sunshine there has for sure been alot of her coming and going and because I was willing to follow along I have been bouncing. I definitely understand what you are saying and will keep my hopes in check, but she markedly different and better than sunshine could ever be.

After we meet this weekend I will have a much better perspective. We have both expressed going slow, getting to know each other much better. I'll simply say this new lady has way better potential and time will tell if I'm right or not.

I appreciate you looking out for me Ginger and helping to keep me in check and realistic!

-B

Me:34 W:40
D1:4
M:7 T:8
BD:3/18
D Final: 6/19
L
L
B,

I couldn't agree with G more. You shouldn't be talking about the Love Languages book before you meet. You need to keep it light with questions like "what do you do for a living? How many children do you have? What do you like to do for fun?

I also want to warn you that the odds of you landing in a relationship after your first OLD date is about the same as a WW coming out of their fog in a week.

Just like when DBing. Keep your expectations at a minimum.

N
N
Take your time and enjoy it B. Enjoy yourself, enjoy D4. You are who you are, trust yourself. You are doing great.

See you bro!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
A
A
B, good luck, hope the chemistry is there! As to LH's point, I think I've mentioned before about not trying to get too deep into personal discussions before meeting, because one or both of you may find there is zero chemistry. You want to kind of keep them at arm's length until you know that for sure. Learn from my mistakes grin

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
G
G
We tend to put a fantasy in our heads and our expectations go through the roof when you have these deep conversations before you even meet a person. Your hope gets way too high that it will work.

Before knowing LL, like LH said, get to know the little surface things. Then you date, you talk some more, then slowly get into the heavy talks.

I got this feeling you spin up some sort of fantasy and big connections before you get to know them and that leaves you disappointed often.

I used to do that. I’ve certainly learned my lesson

Good luck, slow down, have a nice date

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard