Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
OP Offline
A
How did you get your D done so fast? They are saying 12 months for me. She moved back in the house over the weekend. I assume that was her A telling her to do that. Not sure if she will move back out after I get served the papers this week. Not really sure but I have retained my A to prep for it.

T: 17 M:10
Me: 38 W: 36
S:9 D:7 D:7
ILYBNILWY - 1/29/19
Affair Confirmed: 2/9/19
Divorce Filed: 5/9/2019
S
S
Very few states offer quickie Ds when kids are involved. My WW thought we'd do a quickie online D, then she looked into it and in our state it was arduous because we have a child. But even without a child the fastest was 6 months. No less than a year when children were in the picture, and most places said plan on 18 months to 2 years.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
S
S
Originally Posted by AnthonyA
How did you get your D done so fast? They are saying 12 months for me. She moved back in the house over the weekend. I assume that was her A telling her to do that. Not sure if she will move back out after I get served the papers this week. Not really sure but I have retained my A to prep for it.

My WW had her lawyer draft up the paperwork on the terms we agreed on. We both signed it and notarized it and her L filed it for both of us. No serving needed. Just awaiting the court to issue final dissolution of M. I cant wait.

M:16
T:21
H(me) 38
WW: 38
S11 D16 D19
Red Flags of A: March 2018
ILYBNILWY: August 4, 2018
Moved out of MBR: September 24, 2018
BD/Confirmation of A: October 31, 2018
D Filed: March 27, 2019
A
OP Offline
A
so you were able to go the dissolution route? I was going to go that route but she wanted me to keep an animal that I am not willing to keep (A told me animals are considered personal property so she can't make me keep the animal). Also, because she wanted to keep her part time job, she wanted more spousal support and more years of it to continue to work part time so she can have summers off and not have to put the kids in day care. I told her that I will nto pay her extra money and time to keep the job and if my kids have to go to an after school program or summer care for a few weeks, they will be fine. So she decided to file for divorce.

ILYBNILWY - 1/29/19
A
OP Offline
A
I got served papers last Thursday. I went to A today and counterclaimed divorce. She has moved back in. She is paranoid that I am trying to screw her over in money, etc. I wished her a Happy Mother's Day on Sunday and was called an a-hole. I guess she didn't think I really meant it. She is still the mother of my children and will care for her in that respect. She is definitely not the woman I married. She is telling everyone, everything is my fault. I accept my blame in this. I continue to read my self help books. Reading another. GAL. Focus on children. She has told my children things about me. I continue to not say anything mean about her to the kids. As the kids should not be involved. It hurts that she is saying things to them. She has been snooping in my bed room and phone records. She is in spare bedroom. This D is gonna get messy, I have a feeling. I hope she calms down and realizes I am not trying to screw her over or anything. We shall see how this turns out.

ILYBNILWY - 1/29/19
A
OP Offline
A
Just providing an update...divorce is still going on...we were being nice to each other for about a week and a half. It started with a 3 or 4 hour conversation where later that night she texted me saying her boyfriend thinks her and I did something.

I told her that he better get used to me and her talking since we have three children together. Then all of a sudden this past Sunday, she decided that she did not like the agreement we had and became hateful to me. So we are "feuding" which means she is mad at me and I am just ignoring her. I continue to workout everyday. Doing my thing.

ILYBNILWY - 1/29/19
S
S
Originally Posted by AnthonyA
Just providing an update...divorce is still going on...we were being nice to each other for about a week and a half. It started with a 3 or 4 hour conversation where later that night she texted me saying her boyfriend thinks her and I did something.

I told her that he better get used to me and her talking since we have three children together. Then all of a sudden this past Sunday, she decided that she did not like the agreement we had and became hateful to me. So we are "feuding" which means she is mad at me and I am just ignoring her. I continue to workout everyday. Doing my thing.

Always try to take the high road. You will be much more at peace with yourself later on down the line.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
O
O
Anthony,

Glad to hear from you. I was just thinking about you the other day. Are you working on your issues? Any reading, studying, IC? Hope things are improving.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard