Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2835960 02/06/19 12:47 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
A million thread titles in my time. Change is good. Most of the time. Lots of changes in my life over the last six months.

another year survived

I started my new job yesterday. They were very happy to have me, which was nice. I am splitting my floor right now with another care manager I have worked with. She is a doll and very helpful. It is really a lot of work and no downtime. I had only one pain in the butt family member and doctor yesterday, not shabby. NOthing beats a 10 minute commute! It was my weekend scheduled coming up, so now that I am full time, Ill get a day off this week, and a day off next week. So I am off tomorrow. When I was single I would have preferred this schedule. Now, Its my time with M. But we will usually do something at night together. We will see each other Wednesday.

Funny, no so funny story. I though I won $600 in a superbowl pool. I celebrated, my ex even got excited for me. I looked at my box wrong, my eyes didn't follow correctly. I won squat. Being with the ex and wife and the party as always is interesting. He has become some sort of weird gamer where he brings his ipad and phone to an event and does his game the ENTIRE time. D11 said that's who he spends his time with her too. Sad. And a little weird.

So, I went to the gym last night and for the first time ever, I had to stop in the middle of a workout. I have even finished a workout when I broke a toe during it. Snowbaording I had many falls, but one was really bad and I hit my butt bone. It's been hurting pretty bad, then it began to feel better, then I went on a water slide and smacked it. Oh the pain. I went to the gym and we did this one move and that was it. It began to throb and tears were coming out of my eyes. The instructor got me an ice pack. I was embarrassed and sad. I think I broke my butt. I can't seem to try anything without injuring myself. Snowboarding was probably a bad idea. ATleast I can enjoy summer activities with him like kayaking, fishing and hiking. I am also an excellent swimmer.

I began this post this morning, then went to work. Today was a super busy day. I didn't get out until 4:40. But it is what it is. The day seriously speeds past. It's a good thing. My dumb dog kept waking me up last night and I hope he lets me sleep tonight. Tomorrow the dog gets groomed, the car gets serviced and the house gets clean. Then date night.

That's my boring update.

Ginger1 #2835962 02/06/19 12:57 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by Ginger1

I think I broke my butt.

No longer will I tell anyone that “they are a pain in the a$$”, for now on I’ll tell them that they broke my butt... sorry your in pain, but that made me laugh.

Hopefully it’s just some swelling that will go down in time

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
Coconut #2835966 02/06/19 02:00 AM
A
A
Originally Posted by Coconut
That's what "she" said laugh

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Love hearing that you have gotten a great start to the new job G. I can sympathize with the puppy issues as my girls have gotten more needy in the last number of months as well. I really need to spend more time with them. I find that if I play with them in the evening, give them a nice brushing that the will often have a quiet night. I think that they get disturbed though because S24 is up at all hours and they think we should both be up playing with them. Is your puppy's crate in a quiet place with no street noises / lights? I'm no expert on dogs myself.

Hope you feel better tomorrow. And if you need any cream rubbed on things, you at least have someone to call. After-all, you just did that for him the other day.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Coconut #2835998 02/06/19 12:12 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Coconut
Originally Posted by Ginger1

I think I broke my butt.

No longer will I tell anyone that “they are a pain in the a$$”, for now on I’ll tell them that they broke my butt... sorry your in pain, but that made me laugh.

My goal is to always make someone laugh!

I have been waiting for the swelling to go down in my butt forever! I think it's going to be permanently swollen

Andrew, as I type this, the dog is violently humping my arm. He is too much. D11 comes home from school and plays with him, I come home from school and play with him, take him out, we went for a walk yesterday, we play fetch, his favortie game, but he is just too much. Endless energy, won't get out of the garbage, he's too much. I figure its got to calm down soon.I am looking forward to the 2 hours he will be at the groomers today. That's when I will be able to get some cleaning done.

Actually, M said he will give me a butt a massage:). Taking one for the team, he is.

I have tons of plans for my day off and as per usual, I will probably get about half of them done!

Ginger1 #2836009 02/06/19 12:56 PM
T
T
Oh G....I have so many things I could say but they are probably not board appropriate:). Hang in there!!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
Ginger1 #2836014 02/06/19 01:09 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Dang girl, that's why I told you to get one of those butt pads for snowboarding .

kml #2836054 02/06/19 02:51 PM
job Offline
I am glad your first week is going well.

Gosh, G, I feel for you. I know how you are feeling concerning your butt bone. I hope it is only bruised. I feel many years ago and thought I had just bruised mine, but it hurt like heck and went to see my physician about it and he just laughed his head off. I truly could have smacked him. So, I left to the hospital and had it x-rayed. I had chipped a piece off of it and they said that there was nothing I could do but sit on a donut ring. It took a long time to heal and what happed to you will take a long time as well.

Best advice...sit on a soft pillow and avoid activities that are going to aggravate it for a couple of weeks. It is not a pleasant thing to deal with. I am so sorry. Feel better soon.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Ginger1 #2836132 02/06/19 09:30 PM
D
D
Glad your first week is going well. Busy days definitely make time pass quicker. Hope it continues to go well and I hope your tailbone issue begins to heal. That must be miserable. So sorry you have to deal with that!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Ginger1 #2836319 02/08/19 12:25 AM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Oh Job, I'm sorry you had to go through this too. It stinks, because there really is nothing I can do about it. I am pi$$ed because it's keeping me out of the gym. I want to workout but it hurts too much when I do. I hope by next week I can get back.

Who wants to hear the funniest story??? Well, pretty funny anyways. One of my famous OLD stories was the anesthesiologist who refused to feed me for 3 hours and our waitress taunted us. Well, he is an anesthesiologist at the hospital I work now. I thought I wouldn't run into him, but twice today. Once we were coming towards eachother down the hall, another time amongst my coworkers in the hall. I certainly recognized him, even in scrubs. I doubt he recognized me, I told my friend I was going to go up to him and tell him he owes me lunch ! I worked with someone I hadn't met yet today because she is part time. At first she came off kind of bitchy, but we ended up hitting it off and really enjoying working together. SHe has a 7th and 8th grader, and I have a 6th. She's 45 and probably the closest one in age to me there. But the people I work with are so nice. Actually every employee of that hospital is so kind. Such a different atmosphere. Even a patient's daughter said "you are so kind, everyone here is". My days are still going past 4, but it is OK, in time I should learn to trim it down a bit.

M and I went out to dinner last night. I picked him up because it was a little closer to his house. We had a good time. Something is shifting in our R. I wish I couldn't explain it. Maybe it's coming out of the new phase a little. I'm cool with it, but for some reason I still get some paranoia like he's going to dump me. Which is I know is warranted. Anyways, we went back to his house and because of the dog I had to sneak out at 3am. I hate it. He wishes I didn't either. SO this weekend we are going to spend one night at my house. I work but said if there is one night he wants to lay low with me at my house, we can sleep together through the night. It was funny, he came in my car last night and apologized if he seemed a little twitchy. He quite smoking! I am proud of him. He's trying. He said he's done it a few times before. If it were me, I would be a raging B. He's not twitchy or unkind at all. He's seriously so mellow.

My D is still making me nuts with her messed up priorities lately. She forgot her book for her project once at her dad's then I reminded her twice a day and she forgot it again. She made every excuse in the world. She's just not making the best choices lately and isn't changing anything. Now she is stomping through the house screaming that she never does anything right. Sigh. Preteen years.

I had bought her this tool to remove her upper lip hair and give her 2 eyebrows. SHe refuses to wax which pi$$es off her dad. She was excited about the hair removal so she facetimes her dad who gets mad at me because he thinks it's going to cause a 5 o clock shadow. He says she has to "man up" and she doesn't know pain until she has waxed her whole back. I told him that was pain for ME. Then he gave me the finger. Such an A hole.

Sigh. I am off next Tuesday and my dad and stepmom are coming out Monday night. I'm tired. Long day of work, making 2 dinners, cleaning and tons of laundry. I have so much more I want to do, but I lose steam. Still trying to igure out how to get it all done.

Last edited by job; 02/08/19 02:11 AM. Reason: edited a word
Ginger1 #2836705 02/10/19 11:15 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Holy poop, it's been super busy and exhausting this past week. Adjusting to a new job which is busy and having to work the weekend. I love the job, I love the people. It was so nice, the CM I am working with right now shared in our huddle when we say something "good" that happened on this week on Friday,s he said "we have Ginger and she is doing so good and she came back for more!" The job is wreaking havoc on my diet tho. All the rehab and ltc facilities we refer to bring by soooo many treats. They are usually downstairs in the office, but twice this week, I got a Krispy Kreme and a piece of crumb cake delivered right to me.

I had an interesting week with D11. She's been so hyper focused on her friends, she isn't focused on the other placed she should be and we had it out. She freaked. I looked at her texts to see what's going on and there is stuff going on with her friends. long story, I won't bore you. Then I see she is starting a club. ANd here I am freaking out it's something NOT good. Her friend and her were going to start a yoga club for people with anxiety and divorced parents. I was kind of speechless when she told me. I also found in her texts that she told her friend while she was at her dad;'s house that her dad and wife got in a fight and he was screaming and he threw a glass and broke it. ANd she says "I hate divorce" as if their marital fight has something to do without divorce. She asked me if she could see a therapist. Yes, this is my 11 year old. I am trying to find an alternative to therapy first.

In news of my man..... I began getting a little unsettled, and I don't know why. But things are good. We went out after work last night for a quick dinner and drink. He asked me if D11 and I were coming to his son's b day party next weekend and he said he wanted to book that weekend getaway with all of us. So we looked some stuff up. I think we might have it planned for mid march. So, things are definitely moving forward. No R talks, but I guess actions are speaking louder than words. I love him dearly, and love when he stays over, but he is 6'2 guy who likes to sleep diagonally very soundly and I am in a small corner of the bed. I don't have the heart to say anything, but I didn't sleep last night.

I also got a little brave regarding Valentines day. I am weirded out by the holiday. Haven't had many good experiences with it. I think it is a dumb commercial holiday, in the same breath, it feels crappy when you are with someone who doesn't acknowledge it So I took the initialtve this year. I asked him if he would like to come over Wednesday night for a romantic valentines dinner made by me. He said he would love to. And him showing up is good enough for me. A bottle of wine would be nice too, lol.

ANd that's my exciting life!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard