Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
OneArt #2842034 03/15/19 11:18 PM
job Offline
Here is a link to a thread that I wrote many years ago on reconnection. It might help explain the reconnection process for you.

TMAK - Explanation of Reconnection

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R678 #2844490 04/04/19 02:57 PM
R
R678 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi everyone hope your all ok I haven’t posted for a while nothing to report resllyvnit seen the W for a month now . What she tends to do is come to the house whilst I’m at work to get her post and things . I myself have not called her or texted her nothing. I need no contact for me ..Now can anyone tell me why she has taken to doing this as a couple of months ago she would come round on a night and we’d share a take away or. Something but now nothing . Is she mirroring what I’m doing or is it something else . Confused

R678 #2844581 04/05/19 02:34 AM
D
DnJ Online
D
Hello R678

From Hamburg’s thread:

Originally Posted by R678
Interesting point dnj I never knew bd destroys them to . Why is that

From how I see things and have experienced.

The MLCer has a trigger event 18-24 months prior to BD, and this sets their crisis in motion. This trigger is not the cause of their MLC, it just resurfaces past trauma(s) usually from childhood or when they had less delevoped coping skills and mechanisms. A lot of MLCer had troubled childhoods and upbringings so their coping skills and emotional understanding is not healthy.

Whatever trauma is lurking within the MLCer has probably surfaced before, and has been successfully buried each time. However, midlife is a big transition, mortality, aging parents, children growled up, children leaving home, a person is not needed as they were for a large part of their adult life; it is tough enough for non-MLCers. At this point they can’t bury their pain and trauma, they can’t navigate a path to ignore it as they have before.

Slowly over the course of years (18-24 months) a unrealized, unacknowledged, and quite unknown pain grows within them. This is completely hidden from them; they have been happily living and loving along their lives with no clue of the bomb ticking inside them. As the pain grows, and more and more pressure and confusion mounts, they suffer more and more.

Long ago pains and emotions surface, and bring unreal feelings with them. MLCer will wonder what the h3ll is wrong with them. My W told me she thought she was going insane. An emotional runaway begins and irrational behaviour starts to take over. The MLCer tries various things to alleviate their suffering, all of which fail. If the LBS looks back over the two or so years before BD one can see subtle signs which grow over time until the big bomb drop. These are small signs which grow slowly. We walk on eggshells almost unknowningly just wondering what is wrong.

Bomb Drop! The point where the MLCer cannot contain their emotions anymore. They usually are so full of resentment towards their loving spouse, so angry, so projecting on to the LBS as the source of their pain. The LBS is not the source, and there is no way you can explain that to the MLCer, they are far gone when BD happens.

This crisis is emotional turmoil, ceaseless, and unrelenting. Remember this isn’t like just being angry, the MLCer doesn’t understand or realize any of what is going on. After such a prolonged and unfathomable time of torment trying to hold themselves together they just explode and destroy themselves. All h3ll breaks loose after BD.

MLC is a psychological problem. Their mind, the very thing that defines and creates their reality is in torment. False memories, changed histories, justifications, etc... all cannot be seen for the delusions they are. The MLCer mind created it, believes it, and cannot be dissuaded or dispelled.

At BD the confusion of multiple realities or viewpoints is dropped, their fantasy is grabbed onto and they run with it. They have their peace and happiness, or so they feel - actually it is worst, it is what they believe. And they will expend enormous energies to maintain their fantasy.

The destruction of their previous lives has to happen. They need to get away, to run. It is non-negotiable for them. Driven, needy, desperate, hurt, and depressed - they run. Emotions are in control. The MLC follows whatever feeling flits into their mind. Decisions are quickly made, and unmade. Their memories are like Swiss cheese. Decisions are not long term, even a short term decision don’t last, and all are based on irrational desires and not reasoned thought and logic. However the MLCer doesn’t see it that way. They completely believe they are finally living authentically.

My W destroyed her relationship with me, kids, etc., destroyed her business, her reputation, her financial security, and on and on. She threw away everything. What pushes a person that far? To explode with that kind of force?

There is nothing one can do. You cannot reason with someone’s reality, they need to see it for themselves. Time and space. They need to work through the pain, see and understand that their spouse is not the cause, see what the OP really is, see the damage they have inflicted, and grow and heal. A very tall order for someone in their state of mind.

This is an incredible and staggering process to witness and be part of. From horrific and chaotic, to nothing, no contact.

Time and space.

Compassion and understanding.

Faith and hope.

Let God have them, and perhaps from their destruction they can be reborn.

DnJ

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
R678 #2844607 04/05/19 12:17 PM
R
R678 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Well bd no2 today w saying she wants to sell the house but I’m not selling hopefully I can remortgage and but her out it’s funny because everything that I’ve read and learnt comes forth . It is strange as this is exactly what happened with her sister 2 years ago de ja voue I do believe .

R678 #2844608 04/05/19 12:19 PM
R
R678 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
In a way it’s a shock but inside I sort of expected it so not a major shock really . I just hope that when this is all over and she wakes up if she wakes up she can stand back and realise the damage she has done but I doubt it .

R678 #2845606 04/15/19 12:33 PM
R
R678 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello all update time although there isn’t really a lot to update as I have had no contact with w . D30 was on the telephone to her the other day and was telling me how w was crying one minute then not then crying again saying some strange things about d looking after her children because their special and deserve all the love and the likes . D said she sounded very depressed. also apparently she has fallen out of friends with one of her work colleagues who originally when she started working there and their friendship was struck up this person (female)was the best thing since sliced bread but not now apparently , I knew this would happen as the friend in question is really lazy and doesn’t do anything to benifut the place won’t even wash her coffee cup up whereas the W has always been a neat freak tidying up and the likes constantly so I guess this friendship has shown its true colours as I thought it would suppose chalk snd cheese really . It is difficult when I hear she’s not in a good place and that inner voice tells me to text her to check on her but then another voice comes along and says No don’t, leave it be . I visited D over the weekend and was telling her about W messaging me about selling the house although not heard anything more about that one as I said to W at the time I’m not selling if you want out I’ll try to remortgage and buy you out but I haven’t and am not doing anything about it .funnily D said Dad don’t do anything let it be which we must be thinking alike on that score , I think even she knows and understands about making rash decisions . It is hard when you hear of the mlcer suffering but I know there is nothing I can do so I will not contact her and remain dark .

R678 #2845662 04/15/19 07:08 PM
G
G
Wow DnJ what you wrote blew my mind.

Never has anyone described so well what its been like.

This should be a sticky.

Mind you I dont think there is an age group to MLC anymore. Mine is 28 years old, but everything is there.
All the pieces, plus she has been entering early menopause for years (its rare but it happens) so gynecologically a woman at any age can start "growing" faster so to say.

B.D in December 2018
Physical Affairs discovered in April 2019
Divorced May 2019
H (me) 49
W (her) 29
R678 #2845682 04/15/19 09:58 PM
D
D
I second your thoughts regarding what DnJ wrote gzabetas. It describes my H as well. He has grabbed onto his new life like it is a life preserver. He is currently buying a bunch of things for his new home with OW and is excited by the newness of everything. He will come back down to earth in time and be left to face himself. I will be long moved on. It is his battle, his journey to take... my part in it has come to a relatively quiet and peaceful end and I am a better person for it. Onwards and upwards...

R678... I wouldn't put too much stock into what your W is saying at the moment. They are just words and it sounds as if she is spinning. Step back...give her time and space and don't do anything too quickly. You do not have to be on her timeline.

(((HUGS)))

R678 #2845705 04/16/19 07:48 AM
G
G
I know what you mean DejaVu6. Hanging on to that "life preserver" helping them to get away from us.

So glad you realize that the fantasy they create will erupt. It taxes their brain trying to maintain the illusion.

And very well said that we will not be around to see it. Its their journey.

What a twisted situation they have placed us in. I cried again this morning. I caught a glimpse of the Gummy Bear song somewhere and I remembered the first time I walked up to her student apartment. Her doorbell had a sticker of gummy bear on it welcoming me. I thought it was so cool, this person was meant for me....

But as my IC told me, that person that I loved is no more...

B.D in December 2018
Physical Affairs discovered in April 2019
Divorced May 2019
H (me) 49
W (her) 29
DnJ #2845812 04/16/19 11:01 PM
R
R678 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thankyou so much for that dnj and it’s uncanny the similarities ,my situation last year rage rage rage to now nothing no contact .quite astonishing really.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard