Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2815074 09/29/18 04:41 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Previous Thread:

Unlucky in love

Appropriate title I think. And thank you everyone!

Work is in full effect on the house and the contractor has been great. He's going to paint for me too. And he gave a really good price for which my dad will be paying. Movers are coming next Friday morning. It works out well because exH asked me to keep D11 Friday night, so she will get to spend the first night in the house with me. Then my second night I will have someone special spend the night with me smile.

My new guy and I had another great time Thursday night. Today he sent me a meme that said " I can't think of many things more attractive than a beautiful person whose beauty isn't what actually attracts you" He told me he saw that this morning and it perfectly describes how he feels about me. My heart melted. I sent him a picture last night of this big fat worm outside my house and I told him this would be perfect to use as bait he replied "My fishergirl!"

No, I am not going too fast. I am just totally enjoying myself. We can't see each other until next Saturday, so it will be over a week between seeing each other which is good.

Almost all the cheer leaders are camping for girlscouts and there are like 5 left for her squad and the younger squad.s So they decided that D11's squad will cheer for both! She is not happy and I am not happy, because all my mom friends are on the camping trip. So hours at the football field by myself. ANd we have been packing our butts off. Crunch time is here! So stressful, but good stress!

Last edited by job; 09/29/18 08:56 PM. Reason: added link to previous thread
B
B
congrats Ginger! Such great news! May your new home be a refuge, shelter, sanctuary, a place filled with love, joy and happiness, where friends and family gather to celebrate and enjoy life's pleasures.

All the very best to you and your girl xoxoxoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Awesome house news! I hope you and D11 enjoy many years in your happy home that is just all about the 2 of you. Enjoy!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
N
N
Sending my best wishes to you and your D. Great news!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone! Hardwood should be done today and I sneaked a peak and it looks fantastic. I can't wait to see everything come together.

I am freaking exhausted though. Doing this single handedly is killing me. I wish my dad was here. I have movers, but packing and purging and getting other stuff over there is all on me. And I am back to work, although I will be off Thursday and Friday. I am also trying to keep up with the gym and went last night, but I think I have to skip tonight. Too much to do. And I could fall asleep right now.

But I got this handled. My new guy offered to help on Saturday. He's a good egg this one.

T
T
Nice G.....where I am from you can get some help pretty quickly if you give them some pizza and a few cases of beer smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Lord help me. Things have been completely nuts. This has been too big of an undertaking on my own. I have having coffee tractor issues (the floor guy) which has been holding up my regular contractor/painter who happens to be great. Either way the movers are coming at 7 am tomorrow morning.

The plus is I decided to finally get my car fixed and since they had no comparable sized SUV rentals they offered me their van since I am moving! They will switch it out tomorrow which is great! So I’m moving as much as I can today. But my new house is kind of a mess and hard to get stuff into. I am praying this all falls together because I am so exhausted.

M and I had an impromptu dinner date last night. It was great. He was going to help me move some stuff but I couldn’t yet. So we just spent time together. Things are just going so great between us. It worries me, I won’t lie. We are doing the normal dating thing and we just click so great. He’s a great guy. Yes, we have had relations, and woah.... but our connection is not revolved around that. It’s just another component that works for us. I can’t keep waiting for the other shoe to drop though. I’m trying to live in moment. So far, it’s working well.

Oh, so, I got the job offer for the second job I interviewed for! I don’t know how good of a decision this is, TBH. I’m scared I’m going to completely burn out. But I need to protect myself. I also don’t want it to interfere with my new R, but it shouldn’t so much.

I keep taking on more than I can handle. I’m just hoping I can truly handle it all

T
T
G.......what do you mean by relations smile It sounds like things are really coming together for you. Congrats!!!

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
My oh my. I am a pressure cooker waiting to burst! I finally cleaned out my old house which took hours and days, with little no help and it was probably the most physical thing I have done in a long time. And I workout. M helped me Saturday with that and my BFF helped me yesterday. I am cleaned out, but now I have a house with boxes all over and I have no clue where anything is. It's going to take lots of time to sort through. I am supposed ot go this wedding in Maine this weekend, but I need the time to get stuff done. I want to just send a gift, but my cousin (not the one that is getting married) will give me a huge guilt trip.

I take a few days off from work, and I come back to a disaster, and me being blamed for a bunch of things I have no control over. My job is one where everything goes right, you get zero credit, one thing goes wrong (not even in my control) and the ball drops on your head and you get reamed. It is a very toxic work environment here and I want out so bad. I hope this per diem position I am taking becomes full time, because these people are nuts. I am trying to keep my cool and be quiet, but I am close to opening my mouth.

On a good front, things are going quite fantastic between M and I. Saturday he came and helped me, then we went out for dinner and drinks and he stayed over. He came over last night and we just chilled and had some pizza and beer. And other stuff. My friend asks me if we are "official" I said, well, he hasn't asked me to go steady yet, lol. Really, I don't need a label. The only time I think I ever craved a label was when I knew I was being used as a place holder. M's actions show me where he is at. And we are a good place, right where we should be.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So, M has been dealing with some awful stuff regarding custody and his ex. When they can't agree on something, they go through a parenting coordinator. His ex gives him trouble, just to give him trouble. I on the other hand ask my ex if he wants an extra night because the way the schedule is falling it will be over a week of not seeing his daughter. He says "no thanks" Such opposite ends of the spectrum. I feel awful for M though and angry sometimes. How a father wants to be in his son's life and be very active in everything involving his son, and the mom blocks him. Mom will have him for a 10 day vacation and she won't him call. They actual have to go through the parenting coordinator for that. My ex just wasn't anything above and beyond his duty unless he is bringing her to a birthday party or something.

I can't see M until next Tuesday which kind of stinks. But I am going away (which I am trying to get out of) and I have D11 for 9 days straight. he is so understanding, and we stay connected. He really likes ME which feels so nice. He tells me that me just being me makes him so happy. I feel the same way about him. I'm enjoying each day, trying not to look into the future, but not wanting it to end.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard