Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
Previous Thread:

Moving On To The Bright Side Part 6

Time for a new thread, the journey continues!

Last edited by job; 09/24/18 09:02 PM. Reason: added link to previous thread

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
OP Offline
T
Well I guess my XW and her BF got back together. I found out last night as my youngest one called me and said they were taking his dog for a walk. Who knows and I don't care........

On the girl front.....the blonde from last week reached out to me yesterday apologizing for not getting back with me over the weekend. I assume she had a crappy date on Friday/Saturday night so I responded with asking her out which she accepted. She gave me her number to use if I preferred to text so we bantered back and forth for about an hour last night. She is going to be out of town in Florida for the majority of this week and I have my girls next week so we probably won't be able to meet up for 1.5 weeks at the most. It is what it is and if she is really interested she will wait.

The other girl texted me last night and we chatted for about 10 min. I could tell she really wasn't into it and I felt like she did it just to follow through with what she told me on Sunday that she would today. It also felt like she was trying to slow things down so I assume she has tapped the breaks due to other guys and trying to weed through the ones she wants to pursue. She recently just back on-line so I assume she is getting blasted.

I will say the conversation and banter with the first girl has been much better than with the second. Anyway all is good now I just sit back and wait.

Married 14, Together 17
M
M
You should buy a belt hook key holder and leave it and her BFs front door as an anonymous tip. hehehehe

No one is coming to save you!

T
OP Offline
T
LOL......sounds like he came crawling back and they made up. I do wonder what the dynamics are of their relationship. It does sound like he is a nice guy and is good with my girls so for that I am truly grateful. I heard through the grapevine that he doesn't drink or cuss and knowing my XW I assume he is putting up with quite a bit. Again my assumptions however I know how she is since I was with her for 17 years and I highly doubt she has changed. None of my business but at times I am curious.

Hit the gym this am...had a good workout. Had another girl reach out to me this morning that I am on the fence about. The girl I was talking to over the weekend has went kind of cold on me. She did give me her number and we texted for about 10 min or so on Monday but when I asked her about meeting up she didn't provide me with a firm commitment. Then yesterday, around 4 or so I get a random text from her asking how my day was. I responded to her and asked her a question but never heard anything back from her the rest of the evening. Whatever but I guess that is the world of OLD.

I did not hear from the blonde from last week either after our exchange on Monday but I didn't think I would. I will let that one sit for a few days and reach out to her over the weekend or something. She is out of town anyway at a conference through late Saturday.

Married 14, Together 17
T
OP Offline
T
Had a great weekend.....went out with my neighbor last week, stayed out until after midnight and was pretty tired the next day. We went out to eat and then hit up a local establishment and played some darts. Made no female connections however it was still a great time and I was hurting the next morning.

Watched football over the weekend, my daughters had soccer games on Saturday. My youngest and her team got smoked however my oldest won her game and she scored 2 goals so that was fun. I did nothing on Friday night and Saturday went over to a friends for a bit and then took myself out to dinner. I don't have any problems going out alone, I sat at the bar watched some football, had dinner and a couple of drinks.

Hit the gym Friday and Saturday....didn't do anything yesterday but went this morning and got a good workout in. I have my girls this week and they sang in church yesterday morning. The X did not go although she said was going to. I think something came up because and now that I think about it she pulled a fast one on me. She originally said she was going to the 11 am service and would drop them off at choir practice at 4:30 and I would pick them up at 6. Yesterday morning she texted me and said the girls wanted to come over after church and told her it was no problem as I was just going to be watching football and doing stuff around the house. At one point I got on to the girls because they wouldn't go outside and play....I then made a comment about why did they want to come over if they just wanted to hang out inside. My oldest then said we didn't want to come over mommy asked if we wanted to. It then hit me......something came up that she wanted to do yesterday, that is why she ended up not going to church to watch the girls sing and told me that the girls wanted to come over early because she probably knew I wouldn't say "no" to them. Truthfully it doesn't set well with me, I got to spend more time with my girls which is a good thing but I enabled her to go do something. So I am torn emotionally.

Nothing new on the girl front. The one from last week is dead and I have still not reached out to the blonde and she has not reached out to me. That one is not dead though however I am slow playing it as I know she Is dating around. The original plan was for us to get together this week however I have my girls and it is good for me to be a little unpredictable. She thinks we are going to get together this week as she said she was open but since I have my girls this week I will try to plan something with her for next week. So I will reach out to her on Thursday....she has my number as well so she can hit me up also. I hate playing games but it seems with OLD you really don't have a choice

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
Originally Posted by Joseph9
Truthfully it doesn't set well with me, I got to spend more time with my girls which is a good thing but I enabled her to go do something. So I am torn emotionally.

Whoa, whoa ,whoa! This is concerning bro! Why do you give 2 $hits what she is doing? You got to spend more time with your daughters.

T
OP Offline
T
Well.....I don't care what she did, if she didn't want to watch the girls sing then that's on her. I just feel like by me agreeing to take them early that I enabled her to go do whatever. Obviously I agreed to take them because it is what I wanted to do but she only asked because she wanted to go do something and it appears that she lied to me about it. So yeah at the end of the day I got to spend more time with my girls but I ended up enabling her to go do something. I don't care what she did but it is my enabling her to do it is what I am on the fence with.

Married 14, Together 17
G
G
Lying to you was wrong. If she needed you to take the girls for whatever reason, she should have just been honest.

However, what exactly are you "enabling" her to go do? It's irrelevant now, you guys are divorced. There is no enabling. She's got stuff to do, whether go on a date with her BF, go out for a night of drinking with her girlfriends....... She gives you first dibs as the father. Yes, by taking the girls, you are allowing her to do those things, but you aren't her enabler.

My ex has social plans this Friday. It's his night. He asks me if I could take our daughter. My schedule allows, so I do it. I don't care if he is going to a whore house with that time or having a romantic night with his wifey. The only way I make that decision is if it works for me.

I even ask my ex sometimes to take an extra day or switch if I have a date or plans with my girlfriends. I tell him as much too. He doesn't care what I do with my time, he takes the time if his schedule allows.

Playing devil's advocate here...... do you think she lied to you about the girls asking because she knew you would say no because she knew you would feel like you are enabling her to do something?

L
L
J,

I guess I am not following you. The only question should be do you want to see the kids more? With me it is yes, unless I have plans. Whether my ex lies to me or what she's doing is none of my business or concern we are not married anymore.

To be blunt: your ex is not a drug addict or an alcoholic there is no enabling. She is a divorced woman trying to live her life. The longer you go without accepting it, the longer you will suffer.

T
OP Offline
T
She has asked me to take them before and told me what was going on when it has involved her family, friends or work so I can only assume that it had something to do with her BF which is why she wasn't honest with me. Early on when she told me about him and wanted to go into details about who is was I stopped her and told her I didn't want to know anything about him or discuss him unless it involved our girls. This was after our D was final but I still have no desire to listen to her talk about him....I am not her friend. A couple of weeks ago she was at his house and when my oldest asked her where she was on facetime she struggled to say she was at his house. I could tell by her voice that it was awkward for her. Now they did break up which she told me but then I guess they got back together which she didn't tell me so I can only assume that it had something to do with him which is why she wasn't honest.

Married 14, Together 17
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard