Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
JCQ50 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It’s been a few weeks and things really haven’t improved despite me doing me, frequenting the gym, keeping busy, etc. we hardly ever talk in the same house.

Tonight, after a couple drinks, she said she wanted to talk. She is adamant in that she wants a divorce. Just completely done and has been for months. No romance and sees me as a gay best friend (She says she knows I’m attractive but there’s no spark at all). Asked about when we can sell the house, split assets, the dog, etc. I probably didn’t behave correctly here in that I got choked up a couple times asking questions such as “how are you able to block out all the memories” or “I’m surprised you never really tried”... it’s tough to act perfectly when the inevitable is taking place.

I told her she can hire a cleaning service and landscapers and can list the house/split assets and we will see how fast it sells. Feels like I never really stood a chance here. Not sure if anyone has recovered from a situation this deep, but it certainly feels like a lost cause at this point as we move closer to an official divorce.

O
O
People recover from all sorts of situations. I understand why you would get choked up, but right now is not a good time to share those emotions with her. She sees you as a gay friend, and then you cry in front of her. If you were to be the alpha male jock dickhead instead, you'd stand a better chance of finding that spark again.

When she brings up that she's done you just validate. When she talks about divorce, you tell her she is free to do what she wants but you will not assist in D.

The "inevitable" is unknown to you, so "Act As If" you will be fine and the relationship will be fine. Or, if you'd rather be the victim, continue to play the victim.

What are you doing as far as "keeping busy"? Are you following Sandi's rules? Have you even read all of Cadet's links or any other threads? You need to get active on those, b/c you will see advice that may apply to your situation.

Right now, from what I can tell, you are just a scared, whipped little puppy dog. You're upset that you hardly ever talk in the same house. So what? I can tell from this end of the internet that she feels the pressure from you. Quit trying to force conversation, quit trying to force her to think about stuff she just told you she doesn't want to think about. When you pressure, she just wants to remove the pressure - which is you in this case. When you pressure, she doesn't get the chance to think about things fully.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
S
S
Originally Posted by JCQ50
It’s been a few weeks and things really haven’t improved despite me doing me, frequenting the gym, keeping busy, etc. we hardly ever talk in the same house.

Tonight, after a couple drinks, she said she wanted to talk. She is adamant in that she wants a divorce. Just completely done and has been for months. No romance and sees me as a gay best friend (She says she knows I’m attractive but there’s no spark at all). Asked about when we can sell the house, split assets, the dog, etc. I probably didn’t behave correctly here in that I got choked up a couple times asking questions such as “how are you able to block out all the memories” or “I’m surprised you never really tried”... it’s tough to act perfectly when the inevitable is taking place.

I told her she can hire a cleaning service and landscapers and can list the house/split assets and we will see how fast it sells. Feels like I never really stood a chance here. Not sure if anyone has recovered from a situation this deep, but it certainly feels like a lost cause at this point as we move closer to an official divorce.

My friend I just swam out from a lake such as yours recently, and let me tell you nothing is impossible. Keep your head up. Keep 180, keep GAL. Keep head up. No expectations, this is a marathon not a race, and that couldn't be more true. My sitch was similar to yours, and my W and I are in R. God bless you. Don't quit working on yourself. Peace.

Last edited by Seekn; 09/23/18 08:05 AM.
J
JCQ50 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by ovrrnbw
People recover from all sorts of situations. I understand why you would get choked up, but right now is not a good time to share those emotions with her. She sees you as a gay friend, and then you cry in front of her. If you were to be the alpha male jock dickhead instead, you'd stand a better chance of finding that spark again.

When she brings up that she's done you just validate. When she talks about divorce, you tell her she is free to do what she wants but you will not assist in D.

The "inevitable" is unknown to you, so "Act As If" you will be fine and the relationship will be fine. Or, if you'd rather be the victim, continue to play the victim.

What are you doing as far as "keeping busy"? Are you following Sandi's rules? Have you even read all of Cadet's links or any other threads? You need to get active on those, b/c you will see advice that may apply to your situation.

Right now, from what I can tell, you are just a scared, whipped little puppy dog. You're upset that you hardly ever talk in the same house. So what? I can tell from this end of the internet that she feels the pressure from you. Quit trying to force conversation, quit trying to force her to think about stuff she just told you she doesn't want to think about. When you pressure, she just wants to remove the pressure - which is you in this case. When you pressure, she doesn't get the chance to think about things fully.

I guess part of the “breaking down”, was because I was acting according to the readings/rules, was doing my own thing for a couple months and had never asked too many questions besides casually what she was up to. I’ve acted pretty much unfazed for awhile and I’ve taken care of myself. She actually thought I went on a date a month ago (out with coworkers). It was tough to hear that she remained unmoved by any of it and very matter of factly reiterated her desire for D, trying to talk out logistics and all the other topics.

That’s where I got a bit more emotional than I would like at times, also saying that part of me wonders if she will always be happy then fall out of love without really trying.

I’ll follow the readings and let her go through her process of hiring cleaners, landscapers, etc...I’m just not sure how this can possibly turn around.

J
JCQ50 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Seekn
Originally Posted by JCQ50

My friend I just swam out from a lake such as yours recently, and let me tell you nothing is impossible. Keep your head up. Keep 180, keep GAL. Keep head up. No expectations, this is a marathon not a race, and that couldn't be more true. My sitch was similar to yours, and my W and I are in R. God bless you. Don't quit working on yourself. Peace.

Thanks for the kind words. With D now seemingly on the horizon, I don’t see much light at the end of the tunnel. Ironically, my aunt is the lawyer we will and will work with and my W wants to talk to her together soon (to split things evenly). Will do what I can to GAL. Congrats on making it to R, I’m sure it was a huge breakthrough if in a situation such as this.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard