Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you UR and JOb! I am feeling good. I'm about to be a homeowner, and I have a guy who so far seems legit. I am scared the other shoe is going to drop somewhere, but I can't live like that. I need to have no expectations either way. And yes, UR, I did something different! A wise man named Mach also told me I should try something different..... lol. We have a date set for next Friday, which is like a week and a half in between. We could probably see eachother next Wednesday, but I won't mention it. He can do something about that. So dinner and hatchet throwing next Friday.

We are officially friends on social media, he has like some of my posts, and anyone who is friends with me could probably figure out who he is. Initials are M.K. he is really the sweetest. I get the sweetest good morning texts and good night texts and we chat during the day and he will check in and ask how my day is going. We didn't get into details yet, but he did mention that he had a 2 year custody battle to be able to get almost 50/50. So a real dad.

I don't think I would ever add a relationship status unless I was married. Or it was important to the one I am with. I am superstitious and I would feel like that is the worst jinx. I ALMOST did it with FF, and I am glad I didn't! It would probably be one of the most liked posts I ever put on FB, because of shock and awe! But it's not really my thing. I am almost a little scarred from exNG who wanted to make sure that there was nothing ever on FB about us.

D11 had a great Bday wither mom and dad. She loved the indoor skydiving and we bought heavily discounted flights for her and her BFF who really wants to go. We went out to dinner and all had a nice dinner together. he was telling me about all the concerts he is attending in the next two weeks and how he is going to see a band we both like alone, because no one will go with him. he asked me if I want to go with him. There is no one to watch our daughter if I even did, but how weird that his wife and him want to hang out with me separately and socially.

Gee, I must have been a really awful wife and person to want to spend time with me, huh?

Strange times.

By the way, I almost have an actual house!!!!!

U
U
I am so freakin excited for you. Oh and that Mach guy...he"s ok...I guess. Hee hee. wink

M
M
Originally Posted by uRworthy
I am so freakin excited for you. Oh and that Mach guy...he"s ok...I guess. Hee hee. wink

Hmmmm.....

So I forgot to actually send a Bday text to your boss.....

Please wish her a Happy Birthday from us ???

: )

Something different eh?

Jus take it easy there Tommy Boy....

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, that was a busy weekend. Hd some nice birthday celebrations for D11 and my family. The ex didn't come to the game, woohoo! My dad needed tires on his car and the ex did hook him up, so my dad has to be nice now, lol.

And we bought a dog! My long times friends mom has bred her dogs a few times. She has always been quite the animal lover (she nursed squirrels, ducks, birds, everything back to health when we were kids). Her chihuaua and [censored] zu had puppies and they are so freakin' cute. $400 bucks, and we chose a brown and white boy. She will hold him until we are ready. We are beyond excited and think we have him named "Beans".

I had some problems with the contractors, but I think we sorted it out. Praying for a Friday or Monday closing.

As for my man..... haha, I should not call him my man. But I sure do like him. He's just a good guy. He had a busy weekend with his son, but always stayed in touch. His son is insanely adorable. We have out plans Friday night and weather permitting, he is going to take me fishing and kayaking on the weekend. Today he also told me not to be shy if I need any help in the moving process, he would be more than happy to help. I thought that was really, really sweet. I probably won't take him up on it, but just knowing he sincerely offered meant a lot. I look forward to seeing him Friday. I also look forward to kissing him again, I won't lie. But I love the slow. He is getting any, but still is very giving. It's pretty awesome.

I went to see the surgeon this morning because my knee has been doing some strange stuff. I have IT band syndrome, so he gave me an injection and told me no squats and lunges in crossfit. he thinks it might be due to overuse. The weird popping, is unrelated, but he is hoping it's scar tissue breaking up. I of course, embarrassed him and myself, because I am wearing a dress, because that is what I wear to work, and he has to bed my knee, and he gets all flustered. he is also incredibly hot, so I got embarrassed. It's always nice seeing him smile

K
kml Offline
K
Today he also told me not to be shy if I need any help in the moving process, he would be more than happy to help. I thought that was really, really sweet. I probably won't take him up on it, but just knowing he sincerely offered meant a lot.

Ummm....Miss Independent.....let him help! Acts of Service guys WANT to be of service. Let him come and be strong and manly. Then give him lots of Words of Affirmation about how helpful he was (people who do acts of service are mostly looking for words of affirmation in return).

I'm super independent and it has taken me a lifetime to recognize that I need to let a man be helpful. I still forget sometimes.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We just started dating though, I don't want to seem like a needy burden right off the bat. I could perhaps use his assistance for something small and make him a home cooked meal, because that is what I am good at. And we will make each other feel helpful and appreciated.

T
T
And if he breaks a sweat in the process go jump in the shower with him smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
K
kml Offline
K
He offered!!!! Take him up on it!!! Let him have a chance to be a white knight!

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
OK, I will take him up on it. I will come up with something that is not too much. he has a pick-up truck (all the guys I date do, it's strange) so I can have him help me transport some stuff. I have a problem helping guys be white knights, as much as I love it. My ex felt that anything I asked of him was some awful burden. It's stuck in my head. And I rarely asked anything because I knew it. I handled the bills, necessary phone calls, all of that. If I asked him to do something around the house it meant he was "taking care of me" and was sick of it! (his words when leaving) meanwhile I took care of everything and I managed pull off being a stay at home parent and working 26-30 hours a week at night.

I digress. But yeah, I have fear of being "too needy" if I accept help and I don't want to be a burden.

My stress is through the roof right now with this pending closing date and all that needs to be done. I am freaking a bit.

But I can't wait for my date this Friday. I am enjoying the slowness of this, actually. It leaves a lot of anticipation, and when it is "time" I think it will be great, because we really like eachother and will know eachother better. So, no showers, but I am definitely hoping for a bit of a make-out session.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So,

I have had a crazy past few days. Thursday was awful. Work was horrible while I was trying to deal with my mortgage company who stinks. They don't communicate, and we are ended really having a pushed back closing date. I have encountered another problem, but Ill make a long story short, I don't know if my closing is going to be Tuesday or Thursday, but it has caused a problem because of contractors. I have the most straightforward closing, it shouldn't be such a headache.

In other news, I had my date Friday night with my guy. It was wonderful. Then yesterday I took him up on his offer of assistance. I can't believe he did what he did for me. He has a huge pick-up and we went and got my wood. which was 42 boxes, 40lbs each, and equaled a ton. Not only did he get it for me, but we both carried one ton of freakin wood into my new house (they let me bring it to acclimate). I was so so thankful. He made it no big deal. He said I am incredibly awesome and he was happy to help. I took him to dinner and we had such a great time, and we both came out with our life stories. We both have had it very rough. I think that's why we relate so well.

So we are violating the "rules" of spending time together and today he is taking me kayaking for my first time! I am super excited. Yeah, sure, we are seeing eachother everyday day this weekend, but we don't have kids and it just worked out well. This week might not work out, and we have our kids this weekend.

He is so chill and down to earth and we click so well. Physical attraction is totally there in full force. He's sweet, affectionate, funny, and generous. I look forward to seeing where this goes. But so far so good.

I am just hoping this week goes a little better and I get those keys to my house and get the ball rolling.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard