Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
job Offline
Vanilla,

How is your friend and her family doing? I hope that she and her children have been relocated to a safe place. You are a loyal and special friend to her and I thank the dear man upstairs that you are there for her and her children. Aged Pa would be so proud of you!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thank you for asking job, K is sitting up and feeding properly.

Her bruises are at their worst but the swelling is going down. She has been interviewed and photographed.

She hurts and is distressed that her boys will see her like this, but to me it could have been much much worse. She passed out quickly and wasn't kicked so it's her head and face that have taken the brunt on the attack.

She could have died or suffered much worse brain damage, the para medics were amazing.

They are being moved on Wednesday.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

job Offline
I am glad that K is sitting up and is now eating properly. Yes, it could have been far worse for her. I'm sure she is in pain and the bruising looks terrible...but she will heal physically...but, it's going to take a lot of love, support and therapy to help her heal mentally and emotionally. I'm sure she has a wonderful support system and you are there to provide the love and support that she and her boys need.

Sending prayers their way.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
All is quiet on that front, now and K and the boys are relocating.

I have to let go of it now.

I fell over in the car park at my gym and broke a bone in my foot and that means I won't be able to exercise or dance for at least 6 weeks. I have a boot.

I failed one of my exams too and that has brought me down. I will resit it.

So today I am feeling low, and as result of stress I have put on weight which is annoying since I can't exercise.

V

V 64, WAW

job Offline
I am so sorry to read that you've broken a bone in your foot. Gosh, that really put a stop to some of the activities that you love for a short period of time.

Please do not allow the failure of an exam to bring you down. You'll take it again and will pass with flying colors.

Vanilla...you are too hard on yourself. You are a good person and you have to slow down just a wee bit. Someone upstairs is trying to tell you that...take time to breathe and slow down. You will get everything accomplished and be able to say "I've done it!".

J
J
Agreed! From someone that does similar. Its not easy to live with someone that sets such difficult standards to meet.

Be kinder to yourself. You are the person that helped a mom and her kids even though it was traumatic and emotionally difficult. Not the person that gained a few pounds cause of an injury.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
A
A
Sorry to hear about the broken foot V but am glad to hear that you are now able to focus on yourself.

Weight goes up, weight goes down. The you inside continues to be you.

Perhaps time to experiment with different recipes? I made my very first from scratch salsa yesterday. Tasty and likely low cal as I generally refuse to add sugar unless absolutely necessary.

Be good to yourself ((V))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Job, Ju, Andrew

You are all so kind. I am binge watching stuff on bone and healing.........

Cleaning up my diet. Bone broth, nutrition, juicing etc.

I have gone keto with extra protein. I used a 35% arnica cream and my whole foot is now a bizarre bronze colour. Funky.

All sorts of supplements. Upper body workout is on the cards it is such a tiny weeny bone break. Uggggggg

And I was starting to date too. That's set me back.

It feels like punishment!

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Andrew I love Salsa, the sauce and the dance.

V

V 64, WAW

D
D
Oh no, Lady V! Like someone before me said, maybe this is a sign to slow down and take a breath. I'm so sorry you are enduring this and feeling down, but dear lady, you are just so fabulous that you deserve to show yourself some love. You can use this time that you can't exercise to focus your energies on other things.

Hang in there, sweet lady. This too shall pass.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard