Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
File under AWWWWW.......CMM made me lunch today for work - and put it in his Star Wars lunch box for me smile

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Status quo here for now. CMM had a pre-op appointment yesterday for the mediastinal lymph node biopsy which will be next Monday. Unfortunately, between now and then he has to go off of almost all of the supplements I have him on (because they almost all can thin your blood and therefore need to be avoided before surgery). I'll have to up the medical marijuana in the meantime.

He's nervous about it (even though this surgery is not dangerous like the pneumonectomy). I've taken the day off because he wants me there to hold his hand before and after. Thankfully I have this house full of family who will be able to help care for him post-op while I'm at work. (There are advantages to multi-generational living).

I helped CMM write an update to his daughters which he will send today.

Meanwhile I've been having a lower back muscle spasm for the last 3 days. This almost never happens to me - first time ever was while I was going through my divorce so I suspect stress is the culprit. (Go figure!) Thank goodness for Thermacare back pads. CMM has been really sweet about taking care of me during this - it's so nice because my ex-husband was terrible at taking care of you if you were sick.

B
B
Sweetie, use some CBD oil on your back. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh DUH!!!!! How come I never thought of that when I recommend it to others often? What an idiot. I'm actually cooking up some coconut oil with medical marijuana for CMM this weekend so I will try some of that. I'm sure it's stress-related, it is finally starting to ease. Usually doesn't last this long though.

B
B
Originally Posted by kml
Oh DUH!!!!! How come I never thought of that when I recommend it to others often?

Because you're in pain, stressed, and focusing on helping everyone else?

This is why herbalists like to have a community so that when we're sick we can call a fellow herbal buddy who will remind us of what we already know!

Put some essential oils in a diffuser so you have some extra support. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
At the hospital waiting for CMM to get out of the OR. He's having a lymph node biopsy of his mediastinum to see if the cancer has spread there. If positive, it means the cancer is slightly more advanced but that he would qualify for an experimental trial where he might get one of the newer immunotherapy drugs. If negative, well, it's good news it hasn't spread that far.

He's nervous, I'm glad I could be here for him. I get the feeling he's a man who has been used to not depending on anyone but himself.

D
D
That is so awesome that you are there for him and continue to be. He needs that. Positive thoughts and vibes heading his way!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Lymph nodes have been biopsied, CMM had to go back down to interventional radiology this afternoon to get a chest tube because he developed a small tension pneumothorax. The surgeon says the tumor appears bigger than it was on the original films.

D
D
Originally Posted by kml
CMM had to go back down to interventional radiology this afternoon to get a chest tube because he developed a small tension pneumothorax.

He tensioned that quickly from the biopsy? Wow, a simple pnemuo I can see but a tension pnemuo??? I hope his luck gets better. This is both sad, and a little scary, to keep hearing about. Everywhere I turn it seems I hear of a lung CA - and from non-smokers!!!!! That's the crazy part. Just found out the wife of a FF friend of mine was "lucky" enough to need a heart valve replacement and a routine chest x-ray revealed CA. Her's was contained and small enough that they removed the lower lobe of the lung but now she has the chemo and radiation to deal with. I guess it's part and parcel of getting older.

Please keep us all updated KML as I know many of us are following right along with you.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Luckily even though it was a tension pneumonia they caught it early and he was never in any real distress. The bummer is just that it means an extra day or two in the hospital.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard