S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
pinn #2808464 08/23/18 06:02 PM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ugh... thanks for asking. He is still in the hospital going on two weeks tomorrow now. He has a feeding tube in and still doesn’t know where he is. He is asleep more or less all the time. Of course I have to leave for China on Saturday morning. The whole thing is crazy!

pinn #2810305 09/02/18 05:23 PM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
whooooshhh... time is flying! Scary!

Went to China last week for work. Much better place than I expected and very interesting. I would definitely go back to see more of the country. In the last year and a half I have been to Hawaii, London, Ireland, China and a bunch of US cities with still some to go for 2018... talk about some GAL! Hope to keep this traveling up! Hope 2019 can measure up.

I had my annual labor day party yesterday. XW and I started this and I kept it going after the split. Always a good time!

They moved my dad to a nursing home now. He is in terrible, terrible shape. Right when I got there yesterday he fell and smashed his head on the ground. He is never going to be the same and that makes me sad and stressed. I would take divorce 1000x over this. I was thinking yesterday about how I feel like my next relationship will be really special and my parents will never know. My mom passed away about a year and half ago. That's sad because if I am into someone enough to want to introduce them to my parents, I would be really excited to do it. And they would have been excited to met her as well. XW was the only SO of mine they had ever met.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend!

pinn #2810307 09/02/18 05:30 PM
job Offline
I am so sorry to read about your dad. I hope that the nursing home is making him comfortable.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
pinn #2810454 09/04/18 05:06 AM
P
P
((((((Pinn))))))). Hope your dad stabilizes quickly. All that he has been through is just so alarming and I know how completely unexpected this was for you and your siblings. It’s so sad.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
pinn #2810550 09/04/18 04:50 PM
N
N
Sending you a big hug man. It´s life Pinn, keeping the ones we´ve loved in memory, and when we remember them we do it with peace and joy

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
Piecing since 03/2016
pinn #2813787 09/22/18 12:33 PM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Pax and Nef! Appreciate it... ugh what a mess! I think in a year or so this will make it even easier for me to leave this area.... but in the meantime... total nightmare.

Anyway, went out with a few work friends last night. It was interesting because we are all kind of in similar situations but yet they are so different. Work friend #1 situation is similar to mine.... girl he knew since high school, married short period of time and she left. Only difference is that their D was messy and he started dating instantly after the break up. Work friend #2 just got of a 5 year relationship and also started dating immediately. He is one of the most passive, least confident people I have ever met. Then there is my new employee. So this was interesting. He left his wife because he is 'not a one woman man'. His exwife and his kids live in Pittsburgh, he works in Boston. He goes back to Pittsburgh and hooks up with his exwife and dates up in Boston. Then he starts showing pics that his exwife sends him..... whoa! (why he would show me those, I don't know). Anyway, it was just a real interesting dynamic hearing everyone discuss their situations and dating life. New employee is obviously completely different than myself and work friend #1.

I left there and had a long train ride home and I was thinking (with a few beers in me of course). And I felt..... pathetic! Oh man did I ever. I think I am definitely doing things wrong. I am just sitting here and time is flying by. I feel like I just want to leave everything here and move far, far away. I was also thinking... man... I never got a pic from my ex even when we were together!... this guy is still getting em and they are done!

Welp on the bright side... it is saturday morning and if there is one place that takes all this away... its the gym! so off i go!

pinn #2813843 09/22/18 07:25 PM
J
J
Sure you never got pics. But i bet their dynamic plays like a jerry springer show.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
pinn #2816466 10/09/18 02:17 AM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Time for a little update...

My dad is getting remarkably better... thankfully. Things were looking really bad there for a little bit but he is getting better and better every week. I think he will be able to live on his own again. Looking on the bright side, now I know exactly where he stands financially... I know all. Now that things are calming down and looking up, I can sit back and reflect a little. I feel a weird sense of accomplishment through all this. Things were hard and it was all on my shoulders figuring out what to do, how to handle everything without being able to discuss anything with my dad. I think I did pretty well balancing all his stuff, work and my own life. So I'll give my self a little pat on the back for that!

I have a totally different outlook on addiction now. To be honest, I did not have much sympathy for addicts before this. But now I do. I honestly don't know how someone can quit alcohol if this is what you have to go through. But I guess that is why we go through life. Every experience is a learning one so we can change our perspectives. Mine certainly has in this case.

Needless to say, with everything going on dating has been the furtherest thing from my mind. I had those dating apps but I was just window shopping and never had the intention of doing anything. After reading some threads here and views of OLD, I thought that was not very fair, so I deleted them all. I'll just let things flow for now.

I was talking to a friend recently and she was saying how casually dating is one thing, but having someone she knows she can trust in a relationship is a whole different level. And I think this is my problem. Trust is probably number one for me relationship wise... definitely up there anyway. In fact, that is when I know it was over with my ex. The day I realized that I could never 100% trust her is the day I decided that it was over. It is just so so important. But I will have to get over that and give someone a chance.

Besides that things are busy busy. I'm going to Disney this weekend and have my first marathon coming up in a little bit in early Dec. What a pain that is to train for but.... mind over matter. Maybe 2019 is the year!

pinn #2821006 11/07/18 01:30 PM
N
N
Hope you and your father are doing ok Pinn. My best wishes for both of you.

Take care man!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
Piecing since 03/2016
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard