Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
pinn #2844893 04/08/19 04:02 PM
G
G
All very interesting. Yes, there are women who are seriously hung up on height. When I was doing bumble I asked a guy why the only thing they say about themselves is height. They said because a woman wouldn’t even talk to them unless they knew. I was kind of shocked. The guy I’m dating I met on bumble, but he didn’t mention his height and I had no clue until I met him. He’s 6’2, I’m 5’3. My ex was barely 5’8 and I’ve had the biggest crush on a guy who was 5’6. Height never mattered to me. Maybe because I’m short? I dunno . And to speak to what dawn said, I could not get over how many men wanted this perfect woman and then you looked at them and was like “who the heck are you to make those requests?” Double standards are a big pet peeve of mine.

Why not accentuate what you view as your good qualities? Financially stable, in good health and educated? I can’t speak for all women, but that a huge turn on. I don’t care how tall the guy is.

And this woman who just got out of a 10 year R..... she did not get out of a 10 year M. I would give her some credit to recognize it isn’t working and shouldn’t go on to marry this man and start a family with him if she wasn’t all in. That’s a tough decision to make. Some will just settle and go on with the comfort and leave when there is a lot more at stake in the end.

Meet the woman, you have nothing to lose

pinn #2844895 04/08/19 04:12 PM
H
H
Hey Pinn, I'm also 5'6", so I know what you're going through. Many people who know me are surprised I don't get more hits in OLD - I figure it's the height. I have a great profile with exciting pics, I'm a fairly good-looking guy, and my sense of humor really comes across in what I write. In OLD I see a lot of women 5'1" or 5'2" who say they're looking for someone 5'10" or taller - whatever. Seriously, how do 2 people with that much height difference kiss each other while standing, without neck pain? Heck, my 5'3" XW put 5'10" in her match profile as a minimum height requirement. It is what it is. I think us shorter guys have to try even harder.

That friend of a friend, I think you should give that a try. Real-world connections are much better than OLD.

Me-47,XW-43
S13,S16
M:18
BD:4-23-17
W filed:7-17-17
(5 months of in-house separation hell)
W moved out:1-6-18
D granted:2-15-18
Decree signed:3-29-18

Your future is out there. Go find it.
pinn #2844900 04/08/19 04:40 PM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
wow.. thanks for the inputs ya'll. So the friend of a friend is super fresh out of that relationship. So that was one issue. But Donny Boy got my thinking a bit about why I had that initial reaction. And it's really not fair or even rationale for me to think that way. I was comparing this gal to what my ex would say and I am trying hard to avoid some one like her again. She would say the same thing... yea long term relationship, I wasn't happy for a while so it ended bla bla bla. I mean everyone has there own stories and I should be willing to hear them out. So then I thought I would give it a go with this girl. But I guess my friend hung out with her this weekend and now isn't sure she is a fit haha! Might have been my initial reaction. Must stop that!

The OLD convo is interesting. I used bumble a bit almost a year ago. I wasn't ready to date but just tried it out. I got a lot of hits. Now it has filters etc and nada. The profile space is limited. Anyway, I deleted the app. Maybe something like match will be better or I'll try again after I move. I didn't have any filter set on there. My main hard no is on smoking, that's a non-negotiable regardless of anything else. I also need someone who is active otherwise we just wouldn't be compatible.

The whole filter thing in OLD is interesting and totally different than real life. We don't get to filter who we meet in real life. I mean I get it, it's not bad. They are asking you to pick what you like, so you pick that without giving it a second thought. If everything is exactly equal, they would prefer someone 5'10 vs 5'6... it's cool. Just makes thing harder for me haha! Maybe I'll give match a go in a little bit again but really focus on those positive traits in the profile like was mentioned. hmph!

Holding #2844902 04/08/19 04:42 PM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Holding
Hey Pinn, I'm also 5'6", so I know what you're going through. Many people who know me are surprised I don't get more hits in OLD - I figure it's the height. I have a great profile with exciting pics, I'm a fairly good-looking guy, and my sense of humor really comes across in what I write. In OLD I see a lot of women 5'1" or 5'2" who say they're looking for someone 5'10" or taller - whatever. Seriously, how do 2 people with that much height difference kiss each other while standing, without neck pain? Heck, my 5'3" XW put 5'10" in her match profile as a minimum height requirement. It is what it is. I think us shorter guys have to try even harder.

That friend of a friend, I think you should give that a try. Real-world connections are much better than OLD.

Haha yea! My XW was 5 feet tall but I think I'm the shortest guy she has been with. She used to always comment, "why do you want to have kids?? They are going to be midgets kids!". Thanks a lot!

pinn #2844905 04/08/19 04:57 PM
D
D
Speaking of height, Joe Rogan recently interviewed Gabrielle Reece (pro volleyball player and model). Gabrielle is 6'3" and Joe Rogan is 5'8" (on a good day). Gabrielle is married to pro surfer Laird Hamilton. He's 6'2", but when you see them together in pictures, it sure looks like it's more than a one inch difference between them (heels?).

Back when I was a grad student, Gabrielle was at FSU on a volleyball scholarship (that's when her modelling career took off as well). When you'd see her around campus, she was sight to behold. I think she might be more like 6'4". She had little choice but to marry down. wink

pinn #2920566 06/29/21 02:15 AM
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
6 years post BD…. Why is time flying by now! What a ride those 6 years have been. I wonder what my EX would think of me now as I am a very different person. I have grown so much in those 6 years I think she would be very surprised. From fitness to exceeding all expectations career wise to even learning a ton more about relationships than I ever thought was possible… I think she would not recognize pinn 2.0. However, for all that, there is one giant piece missing…. A family. As I approach 40 I am realizing that may not be in the cards for me, and I am OK with that. It is just something I always dreamed of having… maybe one day, we’ll see.

At the moment though, through the strangest twist of fate, I met the most incredible woman. She really is something. She went through her own relationship issues and also did a lot of work on herself and self-reflecting. Impressive! I dig it. Of course it is me so there would be a complication… we live far apart at the moment. But in another strange twist of fate, covid hit, which allowed me to work remote more or less for the past 10 months and be closer to her. I am not sure where this will end up but enjoying what it is for the here and now. I hope it continues to grow somehow someway. We shall see!

pinn #2920567 06/29/21 02:18 AM
B
B
great update Pinn!!! I'm so happy for you! You've found someone who has done the hard work, as have you ... onward and upward my friend! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard