Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
Well it appears my potential date for tomorrow night has flaked out on me. I told her very late Wednesday that I was available on Saturday night if that worked for her and she did not respond back. Not sure why she agreed to meet and asked me about my schedule to flake out but oh well. I guess she might be trying to slow roll me but if she doesn't reach out today I will go ahead and make other plans for tomorrow night since my girls will be at a sleepover.

On a side note my birthday was great. Went over to our family friends house for dinner she took my daughters out on Thursday night so they could get me a birthday present. The funny thing is that I took my D's out shopping so they could get a present for their mom (XW) but she couldn't do the same for me???? SMH....it did slightly bother me but oh well, no expectations, and I know I did the right thing.

The XW then sent me a text message this morning wish me a belated birthday. I was like why even bother.............meh.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
T
OP Offline
T
Had a great week with my girls, took them to the zoo yesterday, spent time with friends, soccer and basketball games. Their mom should be here in a couple of hours for kid exchange. The are going to a local water park this afternoon so I know they will have fun.

The date I was supposed to have on sat night did not happen. She texted me on sat afternoon telling me that a close friend of hers had cancer come back so had spent a lot of time with her and her kids then lost track of the week. A pretty elaborate excuse for canceling a date so I tended to believe her. It looks like we have alternating weeks with our kids so I think it will be hard to connect. I also don’t really feel much of a vibe from her so I am not sure if I will reach out again or not. I ended up going out with friends instead, made no female connections but had a good time!

I was able to make another connection though with another lady on Sunday and we tentatively have a date set for tomorrow night. Just waiting for her to confirm. She seems to be playing games though with just cutting off texting convo in the middle of us talking so know I am in a period of NC. I guess it is part of the game. Anyway, she seems really cool and has great energy so I am optimistic.

Married 14, Together 17
R
R
Originally Posted by Joseph9
She texted me on sat afternoon telling me that a close friend of hers had cancer come back so had spent a lot of time with her and her kids then lost track of the week. A pretty elaborate excuse for canceling a date so I tended to believe her.

If she didnt try to give an alternate date time, then I would consider that very low interest level on her part and wouldnt reach out to her. I would just put her behind you and go to the next lady, if she is interested she will reach out. As always if women are really interested they will move heaven and earth to make a date, and if they cant they will usually give an alternate time so they know they will still have a date.

Rexgm

M:43 W:33
M:10 T:11
D:6
BD 8/12/17
Divorce Final 1/23/2019
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks RX....I kind of got that feeling as well. The funny thing was that she initially was all over getting together so I have no clue what happened. I didn’t blow up her phone, I was just waiting for her to confirm. In fact I think I asked her to meet up in my second email to her.

Same with this other girl that has still not confirmed. I asked her out after the 4th message, she offered her number to me, even suggested tomorrow or Thursday and now radio silence for 24 hours. I don’t get it.

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
J,

Here is my advice to you. Do not ask for a confirm because it shows weakness. "are you really gonna show up"? Come from this mindset: of course you are going to show up because I am awesome!

Hey ........... when are you free to get together? Great! Meet me at Smith's Bar at 1234 main street at the date and time she comes back with as long as it works for you. "If you get there first grab us a table, if I get there first I will grab a table see you then".

No more contact from YOU until the date. It builds anticipation.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks L.....she lives about 25 miles away from me in a different town so I think that is why I felt the need for some coordination however I understand where you are coming from. I will try this the next time.

She still has not confirmed and I have been NC since Monday so unless she gets back with me today it looks like this one flaked out. I have had 3 flake outs in the last week....it is not a good feeling but from what I hear all part of the OLD process.

I thought this one was good to go.......I asked her out on my third message, she agreed, even offered up today or tomorrow and proactively gave me her phone number. Texting back and forth was very minimal but then she just went dark on me. I assume there are other men in the picture.

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
Yeah you never know whats going on in the background. Be sure not to take it personal. These things take time.

T
OP Offline
T
I don't....it was a little bit of a learning curve though. I just move on to the next and if she wants it bad enough she has my number smile

Married 14, Together 17
R
R
J,

The day of the date you could always send a msg stating " cant wait to see what you will be wearing tonight, ill be in my thong and bowtie or whatever you will be wearing ;)" and if there is no response from her then I would count it as a flake and she met someone else, otherwise she might respond with great see you there. its not confirming its more of you expecting her to be there, and if for some reason she cant make it she should let you know. Also remember women are not logical who knows what goes through their mind. Once you stop trying to figure it out you will be much happier. Remember trust nothing they say and only 50% of what they do, or something like that.

Rexgm

M:43 W:33
M:10 T:11
D:6
BD 8/12/17
Divorce Final 1/23/2019
T
OP Offline
T
Ok cool.....good strategy. Well I went to place tonight and she didn’t show. I didn’t expect her to but I did hold up my end of the bargain and I had fun. I ended up talking with three different ladies, two of which where into me and asked me to take my shirt off smile. They were not my type but the interaction was fun and they were definitely into sex. I am not that type of guy especially if I am not into them but the thought did cross my mind. I did give one my number and she called me at the bar to validate it was actually my number. I told her I thought that was weak and she should just trust me that I wouldn’t give her a fake number. She didn’t have a response just stared at me.

Married 14, Together 17
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard