Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted by Dawn70
Originally Posted by Dawgs
Can I be a groupie? Oh wait, I probably shouldn't ask that should I...I should probably just stalk you and throw my undies at you when you are on stage.

Of course. Although the underwear part may cause some trouble lol. But you can hear me talk about myself wink

Ok, I'll keep my undies to myself. I don't want to get on HQ's bad side. I outweigh her by at least one person, but I'm pretty sure she could still take me in a fight, so I'll be good. Talk away! wink

Haha. You’re killing me. I’ll say this, HQ isn’t afraid. That monkey move she put on me that time was no joke. But she’s not jealous like that lol

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2801592 07/16/18 09:01 PM
D
D
But there was this one time we had been drinking and stopped in a local Waffle House or whatever the h@ll it was at around 0300... the waitress was snooty to HQ and flirting with me which was as a very bad thing to do. Took all I had. Lol

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am back from vacation #2!

It started off rocky. 2 hours in my dad realized he forgot the bag with their passports back at the house! So, me D10 and his wife checked into a hotel for a few hours while he went back. (had to pay for the whole night). My dad made the round trip in 3 hours, because he drives like a maniac. We continued on and about an hour outside of Canada, my stepmother takes out the passports and sees my dad's is expired! Luckily, you can get in without one and we did have no problem getting out, thank God. We only had 2 full days and the first one we decided to zipline over the falls. They had some sort of wind advisory and we waited an over an hour and a half and we didn't even get to do it! But we did go on the boat ride into the falls which was pretty awesome. We did cool stuff at night had 2 fancy dinners. The next day we did a wine tour, and we kind of got ripped, but it was good anyways, and D10 was very patient. (there was supposed to be shopping and lunch and none of that happened). I took her to a bird kingdom after where we both had a blast.

While I was there, I got a call from my landlord. The buyer wants to occupy one half of the house and it happens to be my side. So, my landlord wants to meet to discuss a deal. I can say no it turns out. If that deal doesn't give me an ample downpayment, and ample time, I am going to say no. I have no where to go. There are no rentals in my town and nothing on the market. But one thing added to my challenges I just don't need.

HC and I have a date Wednesday night. I am cooking dinner, it will be his first time at my house. I am excited. His exW couldn't cook, so it would be nice to impress him with my culinary skills. Everything is ok there right now. We may have slept together fast, but the rest is moving at a normal pace. About one date a week, not all lovey dovey confessing our feelings for each other, and that stuff. We simply date, get to know each other and enjoy eachother's company. Maybe it will grow, maybe it won't. I like it right now though.

I feel like a stuffed sausage and hated looking at myself in pictures. I have got to lose weight. So no carbs no sugar for the next 2 weeks, so I will probably be cranky.

But I need to do it.

J
J
Im with you on the no carbs no sugar...starting tomorrow!

I really empathize with your housing situation. I cant imagine the stress, but i hope it works out in a way that you can benefit. It [censored], cause with your job you can go anywhere and do well. But i know you are in a similar situation I am in.

I think thats a good way to look at things with HC.

Funny, i had a recent trip with son that had some inconveniences, but was such a great experience as well!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
C
C
Awesom to hear G, sounds like it was a great trip even though all the activities may not have panned out. I went to Niagra with my family way back when, the boat ride was really cool, being so close and witnessing the power of nature, hard to believe that goes on 24 X 7, my brain has a hard time accepting that concept, similar to when I try and think about the amount of space in outer space... Did you do the walk under the falls on the American side? I remember that being pretty cool too, even standing under the very edge of the falls seemed a bit overwhelming.

As for the housing sitch, does the option of saying no allow you to finish out the lease? It would be nice to get an amount worthy of a down payment on a new place, but I would be surprised if it would be more than 50% of the remaining contract.. Although I hope it turns out that you can get more.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Juju,

On the trip, I thought about when you said you and your son fight like husband and wife. Well, my daughter and I do to. We had an incident where we were getting a late quick bite to eat. My D was focused on a pretzel and I asked her if she was sure she didn't want a hot dog. She just kept thinking about the pretzel, so my dad got her one. Then she says "Oh, I want a hot dog!" I said no, she wasn't listening when I asked, she had the pretzel and she was going to be too full for dinner. So my dad buys her a hot dog! I get pissed because I know what's coming..... My dad puts it in front of her and says " how are you going to eat dinner now?" Now I am mad at both of them because my daughter is refusing to eat the hot dog, she says it's "gross". I know my kid more than anyone. We argue and my dad gets mad saying " I just want peace and quiet, I am sick of the bickering!" I angrily take the hot dog and toss it. I am mad at my daughter, because she plays us and her food pickiness drives me nuts. Then I am mad at my dad for ignoring me when I say don't get the hot dog. PLUS my dad and his wife bicker all the time. Two people who always need to be right. It is infuriating. She will be retired in 3 years and I can't see them being together 24/7. Anyways, I digress. I wonder if it is
"normal" for the way my daughter and I argue sometimes. It is much, much less. But it gets worse when my authority is overridden right in front of me. It didn't ruin the trip, everything else went ok.

I do have one of those great jobs where I can go anywhere, but this whole divorce thing...….. it just stinks.

We did go on the boat into the falls. It really was such an incredible experience. I would have liked ot do the walking tour on the American side, but we couldn't mess with my dad getting in and out with his expires passport. I actually had purchased tickets to the maid of the Mist from the American side, but I had to forgo them because of the passport issue.

I am truly freaking over the house thing. This couldn't have come at a worse time. I don't want to be forced into buying my first home as a single mom when the market is so awful. I really don't want to move either. Let alone being forced into it. So, I can say no. My lease is up next April. It gives me some time if I say no to the offer. I have bargaining power. But this is a crazy sitch to be in and a huge decision to make on my own. I was kind of duped when I resigned a lease with a rent raise and a few weeks later, he puts the house for sale. I can't even stay as a tenant because they want my side, but they would have to get the other side out. It's a messed up situation.

All I can do is hope an amazing house comes up and I get the right offer I can cover my downpayment. I am hoping this snafu turns into a blessing.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So, my landlord's offer was weak. I countered it and said he might want to make a deal with the buyer, because if not I am going to go to lease end. I felt bad, but I have no where to go. he actually did tell me that the only reason he is selling is because of the other tenants. It really pi$$es me off.

I spoke to my real estate agent and he suggested we go for offer #3 on that house I wanted. It hasn't moved and they are losing money. I am going in only at what I know I can afford, and if they don't want to take the offer, then they don't. There is no bargaining, it's the price I offer or nothing.

D10 and I were out and about today and she didn't tell me her father was coming over to drop some of her clothes off. We just got home and he was talking about the cruise. He starts bragging about the SNUBA diving. He says "we did that together in Hawaii, right?" Um, yes. I told him we also did it on our honeymoon. It was like he didn't remember. But he sure did remember that we went on a cruise because he says "thanks to the cruise we took, we have some sort of triple elite status and starts listing the benefits they get. I said "I am so glad our honeymoon could be of such good benefit to your new family!" I swear, I came close to kicking him.

It really is just a cruel that this man just never pays a price.

V
V
Fingers crossed for you Ginger

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

job Offline
Ginger,

Keeping my fingers crossed too. Hopefully they will take you up on your offer.

As for your xh, I know you would dearly love to kick him from this coast to the other coast, but the man isn't worth your time nor the pain you would have from kicking him. One day, he will pay the price...just not at the moment.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
I'm with job on this one, good luck on the offer, I for one think u have a good chance... Carrying costs add up and leads to wanting to get out from under the property.. Hoping for the best for you and your D to find a permanent (affordable) place.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard