Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2796457 06/18/18 02:15 AM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Reposting from last thread:
Ok, had a dinner date with Caterpillar Mustache Man (CMM). He looked more attractive the second time around (probably because he was much less nervous) . He took me to a nice restaurant for dinner. We had a lot of good conversation over dinner.

I asked him how his parents met (his dad was a black Pullman porter from Chicago and his mom an Israeli Jew. He told me this charming story about how his dad was sent to the Pullman plant in Alabama for a few months and mom was working behind the lunch counter at the drugstore. His dad resolved then and there to take all his meals at the drugstore. He must have been a good flirt because even though they never dated, when he returned a couple months after going back to Chicago, he convinced her to elope with him to Chicago.

He said his dad always told the story, and his mom "just smiled".

I've been able to verify some of his history online (kinda paranoid after ex-boyfriend) but would like to verify his parents deaths as the result of a car crash when he was twenty. Anybody know of a way to find out about fatal car crashes in Evanston Illinois in the 1970's?

Anyway, I'll go on another date with CMM. I don't think he has much money after his divorce but when I confessed I've never learned how to use Excell spreadsheets he asked "but how do you keep your budget?". I find it oddly sexy that he assumes I keep a budget (I do) and that he clearly does (which puts him far ahead of most of my past dates on the financial responsibility scale).

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K

B
B
Hi Doll how are you??!

I'm not here much any more. I'm crazy busy but the title of your thread has intrigued me and I want you to know I'm following along, as this dating topic seems to be more of something I'd like to explore in the coming months.

Oh, and I saw GBH over the weekend with a great Tex-Mex punk band whose lead singer also plays accordion! It was great fun! xoxoxo
-B.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
D
D
Originally Posted By: kml
when I confessed I've never learned how to use Excell spreadsheets he asked "but how do you keep your budget?". I find it oddly sexy that he assumes I keep a budget (I do) and that he clearly does (which puts him far ahead of most of my past dates on the financial responsibility scale).

If that's the case you'd find me really attractive since I've used Quickin for my personal finances since the 90s. I can tell you how much I've spent in any category and with any vendor and print trend sheets and graphics as well. smile Am I turning you on KML? smile

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
AND you even have retirement savings Don - you're a catch! But unfortunately geographically undesirable.

CMM on the other hand lives in my town, about ten minutes away, belongs to the same gym that I go to and works about a mile from my house.

K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Bttrfly, love the idea of accordion punk!

D
D
Originally Posted By: kml
AND you even have retirement savings Don - you're a catch! But unfortunately geographically undesirable.

That's right, you and I both go on the road gigging too - if I remember correctly? Thing is, I have all my hair (no shaved head) and have been a white guy all my life. smile

Which brings me this laugh, the woman that I texted with last weekend, that I've tried to date several times but neither of us are really feeling the other - this would be the lead buyer for the national store chain - posted a picture of her and a date. Wait for it, black guy with a shaved head. Made me first immediately think of you and then think, what is up with this phenomenon?

But you seemed to have evolved beyond that with CMM. That's progress! Seriously, interesting how you seem to be moving from, not all that interested but open to try, to dude, back off you are moving way too fast here, to starting to have some genuine interest. I'd say that's progress!

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ummmm.....CMM is half black half Jewish and has a shaved head lol.

He asked if I had ever dated a black man - I told him sure, but he would be my first Jewish date lol.

I think the shaved head thing is because it's cheap and no gray hairs will show - also, shaved black men's heads just look better than most white dudes with shaved heads, unless theirs is perfectly shaped.

It's not that I have anythings against white guys - MOST of the guys I have dated in my life were white - but most of the white guys showing up on OLD in my age group look like Santa Claus or aged bikers; the few in my area that look fit are generally surfers, which has negative connotations to me because of my ex.

D
D
So what in the hell am I talking about then? Ummmm never mind? smile

So you are still stuck in a type. You at least did work through his early pushing. That's something!

I am blessed with my genes. My dad is 82, looks about 70 and is in very good shape. I'm often told I look younger than my age. I have all my hair and not a spot of gray. Hopefully it lasts.

Keep letting us know what happens with CMM but if it doesn't, maybe it's time to break out of the box you seem to have put yourself in. Hey, if I can give up tall blondes for a rather short brunette, and, well okay, a taller brunette and a taller red head, you can too - although they are all 7 yo 12 years younger than me so there still is. that. Lol

Okay, never mind. I guess we all have a type - other than maybe Ginger. smile

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well this guy isn't 6'6" and broad shouldered so at least I'm breaking with THAT part of my rut lol.

As for the age differences- this guy is also two years older than me according to Google so he would be only the second guy I've dated since my divorce who wasn't younger.

The age difference between you and wild girl isn't bad, considering she has teenage kids - puts you at almost the same stage. A 42 year old with a three year old probably wouldn't be a fit.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard