Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
A
A
has it occurred to you that she could be temp checking? that she could be interested but still not ready to commit? that this could be a false start? what she is doing does not seem confusing to me...

i don't see her throwing herself at you... i don't see her wanting you to take the lead... you took the lead twice and she did not follow... the concert and Vegas... those were two opportunities where she could have taken your lead... she did not...

give it time and space... go do your thing... do not be available to hang out with her as she is gardening... don't hang out with her at home, watching a movie, drinking tequila... go do real stuff on your own... when the opportunity presents itself--not today--invite her to go out and do something together... see if she accepts... but wait a bit... and as you are waiting, keep GAL...

--artista

V
V
Originally Posted By: ItHurts
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
I doubt it's worked out

Hi V, you doubt what has worked out?

That she has a strategy, looks sorta random to me.

An on the fly and as we go along.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yeah you guys are right. I'm going to do that. Enough of this temp checking crap from her. If she contacts me to hang out again I'm going to offer to pick her up and take her wherever I'm already going, hell I'll make up a place to go last minute if need be but I'm not just hanging at her house again. I've had it. She can take it or leave it.

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
S
S
IH, this reminds me so much of he behavior of my ex-GF. Initiating sexual discussions only to pull back and go dark on me for weeks at a time. I always chalked it up to her feeling down or crappy about herself, and proving to herself that she could still "have" me. Once she proved that to herself she'd disappear again.

I am not saying you are Plan B since this seems very early into all of this, but some of her behavior and words tend to lean that way.

I think your new plan is a good first step. But a straightforward discussion is still something I think you should consider at some point. I think if you do it the right way, stay aloof and detached throughout it, it could net you positive results. And then you will know for sure what she is going after.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Indeed Steve, however I'm not concerned about the Plan B business LOL! The one guy I've seen that she hangs out with...LOL...I don't sweat at all! I have it over him so clearly! But in fairness to WAW, I don't think she has a Plan A or B, I don't think she has any plan at all.
But I'm backing off and going about my business. I'll deal with her texts as they come but the next time we hang out... we're actually going out somewhere or nothing at all. I'm running this show from nowbon...not her.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
S
S
I meant a potential future BF, based on the temporary friendship predicated on one or both of you meeting someone.

In fact, I'd love to see her reaction if you meet someone else. I think she'd go into overtime trying to get you back. Just afraid of the aftermath if she were to achieve her goal.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Oh I see what you mean. Well if either of us meets someone then it wasn't meant to be I guess. I'm not much into fate and destiny but I have recently been thinking of the timinf of all of this. When Mary and I broke up I had no idea whatsoever that WAW would contact me and that we would reconnect.
It does make me wonder if maybe the powers that be meant for all this to happen...if one is so inclined to believe in that kind of stuff. Is this my destiny? Just strange the timing of it all...that WAW moves back home and then months later Mary and I have to break up. Things that make you go hmmmm...

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
M
M
I would go with artista's feedback. She had a few false starts with her H and has done this dance.

I also looked up the site about 3 signs W wants to reconcile and some of the stuff in his other articles reads very much like pursuit. There is overlap with DB, but I still think it's too cheery and optimistic rather than being more real. Also, it's salesy and I just don't like it. The guy looks like a creep too. Sorry, just my impressions.

No one is coming to save you!

I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yeah Maika I don't put much creedence in those types of sites. Just this one and that's it. Yes I am following Arista's advice. Backing off and going about my business. When WAW texts again I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. But yes, WAW and I will go out somewhere or nothing at all.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
V
V
Originally Posted By: ItHurts
Yeah you guys are right. I'm going to do that. Enough of this temp checking crap from her. If she contacts me to hang out again I'm going to offer to pick her up and take her wherever I'm already going, hell I'll make up a place to go last minute if need be but I'm not just hanging at her house again. I've had it. She can take it or leave it.

You got it

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard