Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Some of the coffee here certainly tastes like that.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
KML

Got the test results this morning. Apparently my vit D level is 8 ultra low. In fact almost in the super damaging level.

So they are going to give me vit D3 injections which is a loading dose of 100,000 ius after which I have three months on 5000 ius a day. This is prescription. Unsure if it's D3 or D2.

Doctor says it's one of the lowest readings he has ever seen. A few years ago I had a reading of 12 but they didn't panic then so no idea why this reaction now.

I have to supplement with B12, B6 and biotin? Those are low but not ultra low. I am alooking to have ALA with this but other than the vit D the rest is OTC.

Does that make sense to you?

V

V 64, WAW

A
A
V - A good friend of mine had a super low vitamin D issue as well which in her case caused heart palpitations that had us all worried.

For her it was supplements but more importantly moderate exercise (which she still doesn't do) which I expect is not an issue for you and some dietary changes.

As I often say to people - "There's more than one way to skin a cat, but they all upset the cat". YMMV

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Just contemplating what I mean by single; it's easier to say who isn't single:

The married or in an R peep
The recently separated, widowed or divorced still in love with the ex
The one besotted with momma or poppa
The one besotted with themselves
The open with an addiction or compulsion which takes over their lives
The one who only wants to work or do sport or study or play games or...............
The one who loves money
The one on a break from a lover
The one still in love with a sweetheart
The one not open to an R
The one who prefers skinny brunettes with long legs and straight hair
The one who is completely broke or self inflicted I'll health

Those aren't single

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Oh yes and the player

V

V 64, WAW

K
kml Offline
K
Wow V that is a super low level IF your range is the same as here in the U.S. Here.the lab normal range would be 30-100 with optimal being around 50.

Is your lab range similar? If so, make sure they check your parathyroid and serum calcium levels.

Extremely low vitamin D levels can sometimes be caused by an overactive parathyroid gland. Parathyroid hormone pulls calcium out of your bones and into your bloodstream. In response to the elevated calcium your body stops making vitamin D (which normally helps you absorb dietary calcium). The treatment for hyperparathyroididm is to remove the errant gland (you have four).

Now, if your lab's normal range is way lower this may be simple lack of sunlight and you need more sun and supplements.

Chronic kidney disease btw can cause low ACTIVATED vitamin D (1,25-OH vitamin D) but normal 25-OH vitamin D which is what's usually measured.

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Yes it's the same it's the international units.

Parathyroid was tested is ok and kidneys too (apart from the stone) and bone density is very good for my agebut told may be 'soft'. I don't know the vit D type sorry will ask.

I never go out in the sun and it's 6 years since I had a holiday in the sun.

I have started doing a bit of gardening but my skin gets dry and itchy in sunlight and I smother myself in sun cream. Trying not to do that but work early morning or evening instead. I eat very well indeed but clearly am not getting enough vit D. So it's injections for me which I am told hurt a bit. It's intra muscular.

But told no calcium supplements.

Thank You KML will find the missing info on Tuesday.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted By: AndrewP
V - A good friend of mine had a super low vitamin D issue as well which in her case caused heart palpitations that had us all worried.

For her it was supplements but more importantly moderate exercise (which she still doesn't do) which I expect is not an issue for you and some dietary changes.

As I often say to people - "There's more than one way to skin a cat, but they all upset the cat". YMMV

Thank you Andrew, the heart palps must be very concerning. I am just uber tired and very down. Pains in long bones and especially tibia and fibula. This is a long recovery I wish your friend well and relief soon.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Today I start a 100 day challenge of change every day, resolving an open sore issue:

Today's challenge:

So today I finish my tax accounts completely. Completely!

Starting midday until it is completely done.

I will report my challenge every day.

V

V 64, WAW

D
D
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
So today I finish my tax accounts completely. Completely!

V,

Good for you! I hope you're able to finish the task quickly and efficiently.

Here in the U.S., since we celebrated Memorial Day yesterday, it means today is synthetic Monday combined with taco Tuesday. I don't know whether to try to accomplish something useful or just have tacos and a siesta. I'm thinking the latter would be best.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard