Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks G.....I am not too concerned. For me it's just kind of fun right now to dip my toes into the water and get comfortable with putting myself out there again if you know what I mean.

It seems to me that the ladies are probably overwhelmed with men initiating to them so I might just sit back, not swipe on anyone and see who initiates with me.

I think I would prefer to meet someone the natural way so maybe I will run into someone at the lake this weekend!!! The girls always have a fun time on the boat and I need to work on my tan as well.

My EW is certainly more creative than me but when it comes to their school stuff and activities we are individually responsible for making it happen. It's too bad your Ex won't step up. I assume you have tried to get him to or do you just automatically assume that role? There is a D'd mom on my youngests soccer team that does the same thing. When it comes to getting anything done it is always her responsibility.

Man my EW doesn't know how lucky she is smile She's gonna find out though smile

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
J
J
J9,

She's def about to find out. She's the fool now!

M:37 W:37
T:11 M:10
S17, S13, S10, S4
BD:06/28/17
OM confirmed 07/20/17
Recon the M 10/29/17
Working hard:2gether

Onward and forward

This process is not a sprint it's a marathon! Patience, Patience, Patience.
T
OP Offline
T
Yes, thats right JJ. She is going to have regrets if they haven't already started to creep in. smile

Well I just realized a little while ago that today is my 1 yr anniversary of the most transformational period in my life. I was at the gym this morning, laying at the pool after my workout and it just hit me that this is where I was at with me EW and girls when she told me. I remember sitting together, watching the girls swim and it was kind of a crappy day weather wise and she leaned over, told me she was not happy and wanted a Divorce. Crazy how time flies.

Here I am a year later, still standing, stronger than ever and moving forward with my life. Took the girls out on the boat Friday night to see the fireworks with some friends. They had a great time and interestingly enough I get a text from the EW at 9:30 asking me about how our oldest D did with something at school. I mean really, on a Friday night you reach out and ask me such a mundane question? Whatever.

Saturday we spent all day out on the lake, swimming, getting some rays, enjoying a few adult beverages so everyone was pretty wiped on Saturday night. Got another text from the EW on Saturday afternoon asking me some question about a service she was subscribing to from the company I work at. Since I am a steward of the company I did help her, got some things squared away for so she was ready to go this week. I guess she just cant help herself.

Yesterday took the girls to church and then dropped them off at the EW's arounf noon. I had some things to wrap up her place with the move so I didn't get out of there until around 2:30. As I was finishing up the EW asked me if I had closure and I told her I did and then she asked if I wanted to go out to eat. I poltely declined and told her I didn't think it was good for the girls, our oldest is very perceptive and I don't want to give her any false hope. She then asked me how much money she owed me for some things that I bought and she sent me the money.

She was very complimentary of the work I did, told me how good I was, how much I "rocked" etc. It just sounds funny coming from someone that doesn't want to be with me.

Ended up going out with some friends last night and got home around 11. It was fun but there was no opportunity to make any female connections. Additionally the online dating scene has been a bust so far but thats ok it is still early on in the process.

This morning I hit the gym, laid out at the pool and now I am home. Need to fold some laundry and do a few things around the house however no other plans so may just chill the rest of the day.

Next week I have a coaches meeting as I volunteered to coach my youngest basketball team this summer. My oldest is givng her student council speech tomorrow at 8 am so I will go to her school and watch. That should be fun. Other than that back to work, hitting the gym and hopefully I'll get some interest from an interesting lady.

Anyway that's about it.....just living and keep moving forward.

Married 14, Together 17
B
B
Great update. You really are in a much better place.

The online dating is a nightmare stay away from that. Your next R will happen naturally.

M:52 W:49
D:26 S:24 S:23 D:20
ILYBNILWY 5/28/17
Still living together
W filed 1/5/18
W moved out 8/24/18
D final 9/18/20
M
M
Great update J. You are transitioning nicely into post-D life. Good to hear about your D's as well. It's amazing how the time creeps up on you. In the beginning, every day was excruciatingly slow, and life was in slow motion. But, then over time the rhythm returns back to normal and it's quite something.

No one is coming to save you!

T
OP Offline
T
Yep and I got my first match on Bumble last night.......now just waiting for her to initiate the conversation smile

Married 14, Together 17
M
M
Oh nice! smile

No one is coming to save you!

G
G
I ALMOST had a Bumble date, until he turned nutso on me. I also had a fine looking guy send me a picture of himself pretty much naked.....

Enough about me. I hope she messages you, is normal, and you go out and have a good time.

Sounds like a great weekend you had.

Your exW is still having a tough time understanding what exH means. Being this single free woman isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Seriously, her loss. I come and read these sitch's of WAW and some of them I want to find the WAW and smack them upside the head to let such a man go. They all deserve to be married to my exH for a while to see how good they really had it.

O
O
Originally Posted By: Ginger1

Your exW is still having a tough time understanding what exH means. Being this single free woman isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Seriously, her loss. I come and read these sitch's of WAW and some of them I want to find the WAW and smack them upside the head to let such a man go. They all deserve to be married to my exH for a while to see how good they really had it.

hahahaha. this made me smile.
Please go smack my WW. Id buy you a steak.

M: 35, EX-W: 3, S:4
All Divorce Proceedings Complete - Oct 18
-----------------------------------------------------
2nd EX - Was Engaged - Diagnosed BPD
2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
I ALMOST had a Bumble date, until he turned nutso on me. I also had a fine looking guy send me a picture of himself pretty much naked.....

I here that is quite common......G-Money did you get a D pick???

Quote:
Enough about me. I hope she messages you, is normal, and you go out and have a good time.

I think she will she seems like the type of person that would do so.

Yeah...the weekend was AWESOME. I really had a good time.

Married 14, Together 17
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard