Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
O
ovrrnbw Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I went back and read the detachment thread. I need to work on that and finding some activities that are truly fun. I have been GAL and stopping pursuit, but I think I need to be working on myself more. Just a thought, and something I talked about with my sister last night.

Since we have no kids, I am trying to be active each weeknight. It really does help me detach because then I'm not at home on the "battlefield" where there are all these emotions. I am still affected by the things WW says, and need to keep detaching so I can choose how I want to act/react as opposed to taking an auto pilot type of reaction.

Thanks for the support everyone.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
D
D
I hear you about getting out as much as possible since I don't have any kids either. Keeping oneself busy is a key strategy to avoid ruminating or wallowing too much. I think if you focus on GALing and improving yourself the detachment will come with time. At least I hope so!

W 34 Me 42
Married 7 years together 8
0 kids 1 beloved dog
BD 4/6/2018
I moved out 4/7/2018
I moved back in alone 8/05/2018
I file 3/06/2019
D official 5/7/2019
O
ovrrnbw Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Yes, for me it's about doing it for the right reasons. I know I'm not fully detached, because I'm sometimes doing in hopes that WW notices and changes. So I need to keep reminding myself why I'm doing it - for me.

And I'm secretly hoping Sandi2 comments on my situation too...but I have read a lot of her posts, so those help a lot. I'm trying to figure out whether or not to validate.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
O
ovrrnbw Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hell I shouldn't be answering my phone for WW hardly ever right? Especially during work?

She only calls when she "needs me" to do something anyways. "Where's my lipstick" "we need a mortgage" "what about the grass".

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

O
ovrrnbw Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I went to get in bed, then she moved to my side and told me no. Then I went to the other side so she moved to that side. Back and forth. Then I dove in bed, and she actually laughed. Then she keep pushing me trying to get me out of bed so I told her to get her hands off me. So she says you put your hands on me first. Well she stole my phone and I tried to grab it back. Then she hates me, I'm controlling, and I'm a piece of sh*t.

Now she's in the front bedroom. She accused me of trying to steal the house and of trying to make her leave the house. She'll say anything to manipulate me. It's funny that she says I'm trying to screw her over financially. Seems like more projecting. (She is hiding money and spending excessively). She has also been asking me where I've been and with who which is the initial projecting bc she is having an A.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

S
S
LOL, she is really showing her cards here. She's trying to control you and manipulate you and then accuses you of the same. Exactly what you said, projecting. Well played though. She is definitely having an internal struggle. I predict she'll return to the MBR within weeks.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
O
ovrrnbw Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Man Steve I hope so, but I'm still working on myself. She is still having her affair though so we'll see if and when she decides to come to MBR.

But I dunno about her being in there if the affair is still ongoing.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

O
ovrrnbw Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Today: 4 phone calls and a text before noon. She needs answers now! I finally called her back, sounded super upbeat, answered her questions quickly but fully and then promptly ended the convo.

4 calls yesterday and a bunch of texts. One of the calls was after 8pm, while she was just sitting at home alone.

I let WW's go to VM. I've got things to do that don't involve stopping work to answer questions. If WW wants a husband she should act like it.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

S
S
Ovrrnbw,

Rear your sitch yesterday. A few pointers that may help. Not,trying to give advice, just things that flag given my background. So take it all with a pinch of salt. You will need to form your own opinions and take your own path as each sitch is different.

First. Please can you add your stitch to your footer. Why? It helps respondents to remember the back story.

Second. Stop the overthinking. Is she trying to make you her bitch etc. Stop it all, it is so hard, I understand, but overthinking is you stuck in a rut. Climb out my friend.

Three. Run, gym, walk as much as you need. Running and heavy weights in particular. It stops overthinking.

Four. She may well try to make you engage in things that you know will end in war (google the drama triangle). Do not engage. Read about how to validate and acknowledge ( ok, sounds hard type stuff). Do not accept her story though. It s hers, try to drop emotional ties and no getting dragged in. Again see drama triangle behaviour. In these situations everything she says will have a pay off to her and an impact to your detriment. Is this clear? It is very important.

Five. GAL is for you. Forget her. She is no longer yours - as she is not who she was (weird eh but it is so I am afraid). Why hang around being hers when she is not her? She may come back - but you must work on the basis she may not, otherwise you are hanging in there like a lap dog and she will thrive on it. You said about her making you her bitch. Hang around and YOU are making YOU her bitch. She is now just a neighbour, someone you are decent to and never argue with but you will listen when she talks nicely even if it s difficult to do so. If she crosses boundaries (abuse/shouting) you close her down. Explain the boundary and move off - physically if necessary.

Six. 100 per cent you have no control over her. She is not who you thought she was. She is now someone else. Just drop whoever she is for now. If she picks up and does the work, great. If not. You will be fine. You might not want to hear this but your life will be better without the chaos no doubt. Focus on that, you are not so desperate and she wants you to be. DROP THE ROPE!

Seven. PURSUIT. Stop. Stop making her coffee etc in the morning to win her back. It will not work. You just look like you are desperate. Move on. If she changes her ways all well and good, if not, all good. Also, stop trying to measure her change. Only measure her on the day she leaves (you do not , ever it s your home) or if she changes and begs for forgiveness. The former is most likely, it may be followed by the latter.

Eight. I agree with other advice. Get in your bed. She will then move out. Every night it will send her her into stress not you. This is for her not you.

Nine. If she speaks about the D. Just validate. Say her journey not yours - do this kindly though (no point in starting a war). That s it. Be a man still even when kind. Dont come across as some limp lettuce emo-man. Feel free to say, sounds tricky. Then move on. If she presses you - just say Ive given you my thoughts. Other times let her talk more and just listen.

Ten. Get buff. Get out there doing something. If she asks who with - friends. If she asks again, repeat answer 1.

Eleven. Dont respond to her physical touch. Tell her you are not comfortable with it as you need someone that is committed to a R with you (she has said she is not) if she asks you why. Until you see her buy in you can not change this and will not. You bought in to a committed R not this.

Twelve. Do not talk to her parents or others about this (the only exception is your very closest friends and possibly family but make sure you are 100 per cent sure it will not get back. Every mouthful of anger you spill will need to be undone if this mends. You need max two or so people to talk to IMHO. This board will suffice if not. You must not talk to her parents or family again about the sitch.

Thirteen. Keep your text responses and calls brief. Like you are answering yes or no questions, but slightly less so. Do not call or chase her , give yourself a telling off if you are tempted.

Fourteen. You are still spinning, due to attachment. You must detach. This is where you are a bit meh on what she says or does she is not pulling your strings. Your asking why, how, is it this is evident of your mindset and your link to her. It takes lots of time to drop the rope but sadly each time you pick it up again you continue the habit. Like smoking , you are straight back to the depths of addiction. And it is a habit and you must go cold turkey on this my friend. Very difficult as you get a pay off when you chase her (perhaps she does care about me after all??) and so does she (watch this maggot squirm). Its pretty horrible dynamics, but thats your bag until you detach.

Fifteen. Dont freak out. We have all done exactly what you have. So similar for all of us. Its the playbook analogy. Just remember
a) this takes time to master it is all about changing habits - many at once!!
b) it is her rollercoaster not yours - its just about when, not if, you can learn that riding it only screws you up. Stop it. Its a habit that will not only damage you life, it will damage theirs and your loved ones.

Read my back story if you want to see how similar it is.

Finally, I can tell you that I see my kids and my WW almost daily. I am very, very happy (much more happy than when together with WW), so are the kids. They will be rounded and happy adults. She may not however. We get along and talk and rarely have a cross word. However, do I 100 per cent trust her - no.

New Mrs. Surfer is 6 yrs younger than WW and just the loveliest v smart (2 x MSC smart). 1.5 years in. Not a single cross word or look. Either way. Not like that with WW. Red flags with WW began within 6 months of R - I just thought it would be okay. I presumed she was like me - kind and forgiving. Not so. Reflect on your R! Did you have red flags. What were they?

You will be fine and happy. Just take it in bite size chunks and take back control.

A final point. She is wearing your testicles as earrings and I bet she loves to wear them and proudly shows them off. Take them back and stuff them firmly down the front of your trousers my friend.

Final, final point. ALWAYS keep your cool.

Surfer.

Last edited by Cadet; 05/24/18 12:25 AM. Reason: restored post

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016

C
C
Surfer

Your post is restored - whatever method you are using for posting needs to either change or you need to stop using or typing apostrophes and quote marks.

I spent 30 mins removing them to restore this post.

Originally Posted By: Surfer
Ovrrnbw,

Rear your sitch yesterday. A few pointers that may help. Not,trying to give advice, just things that flag given my background. So take it all with a pinch of salt. You will need to form your own opinions and take your own path as each sitch is different.

First. Please can you add your stitch to your footer. Why? It helps respondents to remember the back story.

Second. Stop the overthinking. Is she trying to make you her bitch etc. Stop it all, it is so hard, I understand, but overthinking is you stuck in a rut. Climb out my friend.

Three. Run, gym, walk as much as you need. Running and heavy weights in particular. It stops overthinking.

Four. She may well try to make you engage in things that you know will end in war (google the drama triangle). Do not engage. Read about how to validate and acknowledge ( ok, sounds hard type stuff). Do not accept her story though. It s hers, try to drop emotional ties and no getting dragged in. Again see drama triangle behaviour. In these situations everything she says will have a pay off to her and an impact to your detriment. Is this clear? It is very important.

Five. GAL is for you. Forget her. She is no longer yours - as she is not who she was (weird eh but it is so I am afraid). Why hang around being hers when she is not her? She may come back - but you must work on the basis she may not, otherwise you are hanging in there like a lap dog and she will thrive on it. You said about her making you her bitch. Hang around and YOU are making YOU her bitch. She is now just a neighbour, someone you are decent to and never argue with but you will listen when she talks nicely even if it s difficult to do so. If she crosses boundaries (abuse/shouting) you close her down. Explain the boundary and move off - physically if necessary.

Six. 100 per cent you have no control over her. She is not who you thought she was. She is now someone else. Just drop whoever she is for now. If she picks up and does the work, great. If not. You will be fine. You might not want to hear this but your life will be better without the chaos no doubt. Focus on that, you are not so desperate and she wants you to be. DROP THE ROPE!

Seven. PURSUIT. Stop. Stop making her coffee etc in the morning to win her back. It will not work. You just look like you are desperate. Move on. If she changes her ways all well and good, if not, all good. Also, stop trying to measure her change. Only measure her on the day she leaves (you do not , ever it s your home) or if she changes and begs for forgiveness. The former is most likely, it may be followed by the latter.

Eight. I agree with other advice. Get in your bed. She will then move out. Every night it will send her her into stress not you. This is for her not you.

Nine. If she speaks about the D. Just validate. Say her journey not yours - do this kindly though (no point in starting a war). That s it. Be a man still even when kind. Dont come across as some limp lettuce emo-man. Feel free to say, sounds tricky. Then move on. If she presses you - just say Ive given you my thoughts. Other times let her talk more and just listen.

Ten. Get buff. Get out there doing something. If she asks who with - friends. If she asks again, repeat answer 1.

Eleven. Dont respond to her physical touch. Tell her you are not comfortable with it as you need someone that is committed to a R with you (she has said she is not) if she asks you why. Until you see her buy in you can not change this and will not. You bought in to a committed R not this.

Twelve. Do not talk to her parents or others about this (the only exception is your very closest friends and possibly family but make sure you are 100 per cent sure it will not get back. Every mouthful of anger you spill will need to be undone if this mends. You need max two or so people to talk to IMHO. This board will suffice if not. You must not talk to her parents or family again about the sitch.

Thirteen. Keep your text responses and calls brief. Like you are answering yes or no questions, but slightly less so. Do not call or chase her , give yourself a telling off if you are tempted.

Fourteen. You are still spinning, due to attachment. You must detach. This is where you are a bit meh on what she says or does she is not pulling your strings. Your asking why, how, is it this is evident of your mindset and your link to her. It takes lots of time to drop the rope but sadly each time you pick it up again you continue the habit. Like smoking , you are straight back to the depths of addiction. And it is a habit and you must go cold turkey on this my friend. Very difficult as you get a pay off when you chase her (perhaps she does care about me after all??) and so does she (watch this maggot squirm). Its pretty horrible dynamics, but thats your bag until you detach.

Fifteen. Dont freak out. We have all done exactly what you have. So similar for all of us. Its the playbook analogy. Just remember
a) this takes time to master it is all about changing habits - many at once!!
b) it is her rollercoaster not yours - its just about when, not if, you can learn that riding it only screws you up. Stop it. Its a habit that will not only damage you life, it will damage theirs and your loved ones.

Read my back story if you want to see how similar it is.

Finally, I can tell you that I see my kids and my WW almost daily. I am very, very happy (much more happy than when together with WW), so are the kids. They will be rounded and happy adults. She may not however. We get along and talk and rarely have a cross word. However, do I 100 per cent trust her - no.

New Mrs. Surfer is 6 yrs younger than WW and just the loveliest v smart (2 x MSC smart). 1.5 years in. Not a single cross word or look. Either way. Not like that with WW. Red flags with WW began within 6 months of R - I just thought it would be okay. I presumed she was like me - kind and forgiving. Not so. Reflect on your R! Did you have red flags. What were they?

You will be fine and happy. Just take it in bite size chunks and take back control.

A final point. She is wearing your testicles as earrings and I bet she loves to wear them and proudly shows them off. Take them back and stuff them firmly down the front of your trousers my friend.

Final, final point. ALWAYS keep your cool.

Surfer.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard