Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
Wow I'm so sorry!

At least it's not the worst time of year to look - lots of vacancies open up in June. But it's a giant headache you don't need. frown

D
D

Did you offer to buy the house from your landlord?

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Doodler, he did extend the offer to me and my neighbor first to buy the house. Which is like 600K. It's a side by side duplex. I don't have near that much money, wouldn't even get approved for a mortgage and I can't be someone elses landlord. So that's out.

My town is about 7 sq mi. I have been looking to buy here for 2 years and there is nothing in my price range that doesn't require flood insurance. I really don't want to pull my daughter out of the school system. There are 2 towns I would consider doing it for, but they aren't much cheaper.

I really can't make this sh!t up. I can't even seem to get a hold of a little stability in my life. When does it get easier?

To add, work has been h Ell this week. My patient's and their families are very very very demanding, and quite frankly, unreasonable, I found out that SW made another SW cry everyday for a year. And I had some b!tch nurse rudely confront me about something so simple that I just didn't know, and after she did that, she went to her supervisor. You want to know what it was? I didn't write which homecare company the patient was being discharged with. Not a big deal because the patient knew. Yup.

I want you to know Juju and Dawn, I read your posts. I will respond when my head clears. But I thank you both very much.

I really just want to cry. Or get really drunk.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Where I live, there was a horrific school bus accident that made national news. A bus of 5th and 6th graders were on a field trip when a the bus collided with a tractor trailer. So far, one child and a teacher were confirmed dead. It was a place I actually went to on my 5th grade field trip, this year, my daugher's 5th grade class went down the shore instead.

It is so heartbreaking and hits close to home having a 5th grader. This morning, my precious D10 forgot the cookies we spent all Wednesday night baking for her math project today. She told me as we were pulling into aftercare. I was FURIOUS. But I just kissed and hugged her goodbye and told her how much I love and I'll see her later. It was hard to let her go this morning.

C
C
Seems to me most people buying a duplex would do so for rental income, did the landlord say you need to move? Either way I'm sorry to hear about the sitch, housing is one of those fundamentals that we like to be stable so I understand how the unknown can make you stressed. Try and stay positive, things have a way of working out.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
K
kml Offline
K
Yes, good point. Perhaps you could rent from the buyers?

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Coconut
Seems to me most people buying a duplex would do so for rental income, did the landlord say you need to move? Either way I'm sorry to hear about the sitch, housing is one of those fundamentals that we like to be stable so I understand how the unknown can make you stressed. Try and stay positive, things have a way of working out.

Thanks C-nut. The truth is, my place should actually be going for $2200-2400/month. My landlord had no mortgage on the house and was happy to have tenants that pay. So, the new buyers are surely going to price out the area and see how much more they can get.

I've got to leave. I know I do. It's going to sell fast.

My dad and stepmom want to give me the downpayment to a new place so I can buy on in town but I don't want to take their money. There are a few reasons why. But I don't think I'll have a choice.

Stability is something major I have been seeking. I have moved many times since my divorce and I am so tired of it.

Found out how not stable my job is today too. My coworker just told us she is leaving. Everyone is trying to jump ship because of the uncertainty.

How do I keep getting is bigger messes when I just work to make my life better?

C
C
May be a good time to put feelers out for jobs in places you'd prefer to live, I know it's tough to move a child but sometimes you just gdwygd.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: Coconut
May be a good time to put feelers out for jobs in places you'd prefer to live, I know it's tough to move a child but sometimes you just gdwygd.

Oh, don't I wish! Divorce agreement keeps me here with child.

I'd be down south in no time!

K
kml Offline
K
Just because it's in the divorce agreement doesn't necessarily mean your ex would hold you to it, does it? At least, you could ask. Maybe at this age he'd be willing to accept summers and holidays.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard