Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
M
mtb1981 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Steve85
I'd put nothing past them, including trying to set you up for domestic abuse.

I thought about this as well. Last night when she came over, the first thing I did was get my phone out and started recording video. Last thing I want is her coming by here, leaving, hitting herself or him hitting her, and trying to accuse me of domestic violence...

Also, it's crazy how my mindset has changed. This time yesterday, I was seriously thinking about waiting this whole thing out. Hoping W was just in a rough spot and come through. Now I realize that's not going to happen. I feel like I can put up with a lot, but false accusations and law involvement are just too much...

Me: 38
W:31
Kids: S16(mine from previous R), D10, S9, S4
M: 10 years
T:12 years
BD:Jan 3, 2018
W moved out: Apr 13,2018
Filed for D: Jun 2018
D final: Sep 2019

"Surrender to the Flow"...
L
L
mtb -stay calm remain the calm parent.

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
S15- mad at W for not trying and giving up
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

A
A
Originally Posted By: mtb1981
On my way to meet with L and file for D. This has become ridiculous. Time to move on...

Man well this whole thing is just so crazy. It does sound like W and OM are trying to set you up. Pursuing D may be your best option to get off this crazy train and protect yourself and your kids. Maybe some day she'll come to her senses but that is going to be a long ways off and you can go through all kinds of hell in the meantime.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
M
M
If they are, indeed, using their own devices to "set you up," Those records will show up in any decent investigation. If she is making these claims to LE and they haven't visited w/you about it yet, there's a good chance they know these things, already.

any of those actions are leaving a digital footprint and are fairly easy to trace for investigators.

Visiting w/ a L and LEOs at the same time to get a plan together is a very good and necessary step.

This sounds like a plan of people dealing with substance issues, most likely a stimulant (i.e. Meth. cocaine, etc.). They've only thought this through half-way, and aren't realizing that they will be leaving a substantial "trail of breadcrumbs" in any investigation.

There's a really good chance that they could end up in some pretty serious hot water over these actions.

Be there for your kids and start forgetting this craziness! Don't get pulled into the drama.

M
mtb1981 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Talked to my L today and filled him in on the situation. He advised me not to talk to the police because they have not contacted me about any of this. These are only allegations because they have no evidence.He said it would be best to just forget about it until it became an issue. I also decided to go ahead and file for D. I want to be done with this craziness. He said once the paperwork gets submitted, it would come with a temporary injuction for posession of the house and she wouldn't be able to come by anymore...

Also, she stopped by again a few minutes ago. Rang the doorbell, but everyone including me was in bed, so I didn't answer the door. She then sent a text saying she was going to call and it was really important. I answered when she called. She asked what I was doing. I told her I was sleeping. Then she asked me if I would give her ten dollars so she could get gas to go to work tonight. A friend of hers supposedly got her a job at a bar in a neighboring town. I told her no. Seemed odd that she would be going to work at 10:30 at night when the bar closes at 1:00. By the time she got gas and made it there, it would have been 11:00. So I'm not sure if I believe her. She told me she would pay me back tomorrow, but I still told her no. She was very calm, which is unusual in cases like this, and said "fine" and ended the convo. A few minutes later, she called back and asked if she could come in and get a few DVDs because she doesn't have cable and since she wasn't going to work, she wanted something to watch. I told her no, that I was in bed. Then she tried telling me I wasn't and said she felt the hood of my car and it was warm, so I must have just got home. I told her I had been home for awhile and that I was in bed and I wasn't going to let her in. Then I could tell she was starting to get mad. She told me she would be by tomorrow to "get her stuff". All of her things have already been moved out. She's broke and looking for money. If I had to bet, she wanted the DVDs to sell for some cash. The same with "her stuff". She's wanting to come by tomorrow and get anything that she thinks she can sell...

S
S
Her desperation is what makes her so dangerous. She is like a cornered animal right now. Keep your guard way up. She could try anything. Didnt you say she had an enabling uncle? Or was that another sitch? If so, had he finally cut her off?

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
M
mtb1981 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Steve85
Her desperation is what makes her so dangerous. She is like a cornered animal right now. Keep your guard way up. She could try anything. Didnt you say she had an enabling uncle? Or was that another sitch? If so, had he finally cut her off?

Yeah, her uncle is always bailing her out of some situation. I think he's getting to the point where he's getting tired of it. He has beenmade aware of W's drug problem by several people. Last weekend he bought bunk beds for the boys, and probably gave her some cash too. He lives 2 hours away, so her access to him is limited, unless she drives there (which she has many times in the past just to get money). W made comment a few days ago that she's tired of having to get money from her family to get by. I'm sure they're tired of it too. Uncle Enabler told a mutual friend that W was going to have to hit rock bottom before she got her $hit together. That she's 30 years old and should be able to take care of herself. But he can't seem to understand that he's half the problem. Anytime she get close to hitting the bottom, he swoops in and throws money at her...

V
V
MTB

The G behaved in this way, his addiction is gambling, he also smokes drinks and womaniser. So he needs cash.

His recent tactic is to sue me for various things.

I made sure he could not get into the house and so he tried the grounds.

I also recorded. I know it's tough but 'no' is your best answer.
Ceasing to enable is also one of the most loving things you can do.

In the UK you can add a landline to cable or fibre for almost no cost. Please think about it.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

O
O
MTB, any updates? this seems an unusually long time for you not to post about some crazy new things WW has done.

I hope all is well and your weekend was good.

M: 35, EX-W: 3, S:4
All Divorce Proceedings Complete - Oct 18
-----------------------------------------------------
2nd EX - Was Engaged - Diagnosed BPD
2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
S
S
mtb, read your comment in another thread about your W's health issues. That really started to make sense about her current drug issues. You have put up with a lot more than most of us would have, it shows the deep love you have for her. The problem is that unconditional love is fine, but putting up with any conditions is not required. You can love her from afar, hoping she will eventually wake up without having to deal with her drama nor exposing your kids to it.

But I agree with OK, are there any updates?

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard