Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
LoneWlf, just wanted to drop in and say I am praying for your S (and you and your sitch, of course). I have a younger brother who was the exact same age as yours when my mom had an A and declared she was leaving my dad. My brother helped my dad for about six months trying to do all kinds of things to make my mom happy so she wouldn't leave (none of this was DB approved or probably healthy at all, but it's what happened). It was really hard for him, and it didn't help that he was the only reason she stuck around in the house at all. He was very upset when she never came around and remained resolved about leaving, felt she never really tried etc.

Anyway, it's been a couple years now. My brother and mom are coming together to visit me at the end of June. Their relationship has improved a lot from that low point and I'm sure he still has emotional scars as we all do, but he is doing well.

M: 26 W: 26
M: 1.5 T: 3
No kids
BD: 31 March 2018

W's affair began: 23 March 2018
Affair confirmed: 18 April 2018
Confrontation/claims she ended A: 14 May 2018
Ended in-house separation: July 2018
L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
44 thanks for your support brother!! It stings and hurts like heck !! To see him in anguish. i would do anything to take away his pain. Too bad W is too far gone to see that. I'm gonna be needing
some serious help to get thru the next while> Heartfelt thanks to ALL !!

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
S15- mad at W for not trying and giving up
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey 44 how long did it take your brother to soften his heart and talk with your mom?

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
update- I had a good interview - they want to schedule a second interview with more of the team for next week. I think it went pretty good.
Came home and S seems depressed and does not want to do anything. Tried to get to walk the dog with me, Practice his pitching, or go grab something to eat- he says he doesn't fell like doing anything.
Most of her stuff is gone but W wanted to come back later today to get the rest of her things on the kitchen table. I'm pretty sure she saw that I was not myself. hard to be positive when it feels like the final nail in the coffin. I tried to put some things that were left out by W away but feel as if I am in haze and cannot think straight.

Kinda feeling battered and defeated. W has not pushed for any separation agreement in a while- makes me wonder whats up, when she was adamant to have it done before she moved out.

How do you keep moving forward when you feel you just got run over by a car and now it seems there is a steady supply of transport truck directly in front of you. the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

In all my daily spiritual readings- the statement that keeps that seems o stand out most is " have faith- Trust in the Lord".
I guess this is what I have to do now.. for I am a believer ..

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So yesterday W says that she would be back last nite to pick some other stuff after 4pm. This is because I asked for her key to the house back to respect my privacy. I get a text from her last nite to say she cannot come last nite and will come in the morning. I waited a hour to respond. My response was simple and business like. simply stating to come between 12and 2 or after 6. She has not responded yet. Should i send her a text to get a time cuz or is that pursuit? Please advise..Thanks

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

R
R
Yes, tell her that the windows of opportunity were opportunities and that a time needs to be confirmed. Business-like is the proper approach. Keep pursuing in check but she needs to understand that your home is not an open door sitch.

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
8/2013 discovered EA, W maintained contact with OM
until 10/14
7/2/17 W said she wanted S, 7/25/17 moved out of MBR
12/17 W says moving out 5/18, W still in home.

L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
RR- thanks for the clarification.

I'd like an honest opinion please. I most curious as to the opinion of the WAS/WW/WAW please? Earlier in my stitch I mentioned that My W moved most of her possessions out yesterday. Upon entering the spare room which she barricaded herself in, I have noticed some peculiar things..

We have 3 family bibles (1 which is hers) all were left behind.
All family photo books and pictures were left behind
All photos of S were left behind-I don't think she took any
I made her a Memories binder of cards, concert tickets, love letters and keepsakes.. this too was left behind..

Do I read into this as she wants a clean break and wants to leave the past in the past. Meaning she is totally DONE?
Do I read into this as these wonderful memories are just a painful reminder of what was..It hurts too much..
Do I read into this as there maybe a OM and he may not like these reminders in her new apartment. Not sure what to believe.

I'm kinda going crazy cuz without W here when I walk around my home it's like i feel there is something drastically missing. Almost like the walls are missing.

Please help me to understand?

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

R
R
Don't read. Let go of control.

M 53 W 54, M since 98
D15, D19
8/2013 discovered EA, W maintained contact with OM
until 10/14
7/2/17 W said she wanted S, 7/25/17 moved out of MBR
12/17 W says moving out 5/18, W still in home.

L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
RR thanks for your response - with all due respects -i'm having trouble on how this could be controlling. I would welcome anybody elses take on this question ..

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

L
LoneWlf Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Bump

am I wrong to even ask this?

I'd like an honest opinion please. I most curious as to the opinion of the WAS/WW/WAW please? Earlier in my stitch I mentioned that My W moved most of her possessions out yesterday. Upon entering the spare room which she barricaded herself in, I have noticed some peculiar things..

Family Memorabilia
We have 3 family bibles (1 which is hers) all were left behind.
All family photo books and pictures were left behind
All photos of S were left behind-I don't think she took any
I made her a Memories binder of cards, concert tickets, love letters and keepsakes.. this too was left behind..

Do I read into this as she wants a clean break and wants to leave the past in the past. Meaning she is totally DONE?
Do I read into this as these wonderful memories are just a painful reminder of what was..It hurts too much..
Do I read into this as there maybe a OM and he may not like these reminders in her new apartment. Not sure what to believe.

I'm kinda going crazy cuz without W here when I walk around my home it's like i feel there is something drastically missing. Almost like the walls are missing.

Please help me to understand?

M51 w50
T-20Yrs M-16Yrs
1 Awesum dog
BD 10/31/17
separate rooms 02/08/18
wife moved out 05/17/18

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard