Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
C
Originally Posted By: Coconut
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Originally Posted By: Coconut
Yes, I use the preview button every time, my blank posts showed the words when I used the preview button.

Hmm - how are you creating those posts?

I've only had two posts that won't show, both are cut and paste. They both show when I preview, but go blank when I post.

Also, I followed what anotherstander stated in another one of these threads, and I was able to see the post in preview, but when I switched to full page preview it becomes blank.

Well if you are interested in trying to get it to post - do it on the other thread in newcomers, so I can try to duplicate it too.

Thanks

Me-70, D37,S36
D
D

ジンジャーのせいだ

job Offline OP
OP Offline
doodler,

What the heck was that posting? Was it a test?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D

Yes, that was a test.

Back when I messed-up Coconut's previous thread, I'd used a translator to translate English to Japanese or Chinese (I don't remember which language) and pasted the text into the editor. I thought I'd give it a try again to see if it caused any problems. Apparently not.

job Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay. Apparently what you typed didn't phase the system.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
Originally Posted By: doodler

ジンジャーのせいだ

I think these characters generated by a word document or something else might cause the post to go blank.

Apparently just typed in here they are fine.

If that makes any sense

Me-70, D37,S36
D
D

The issue with the blank messages is the apostrophes and quotes in Word (maybe other characters and word processors as well). Even when you save the Word document to text, it preserves the special characters for apostrophes and quotes.

I copied and pasted my Word document into Notepad++ and changed the encoding to UTF-8 and you can see, and correct, all of the special characters.

job Offline OP
OP Offline
doodler,

Thank you for sharing. This is good to know...but it is still a mystery as to why only a few are getting the "disappearing postings" and others aren't. We all use special characters, etc. and a majority of us are still able to post. Many of the browsers that people are using are used by others on the forums and yet, a select few are having difficulty posting.

I wonder if the IT pros have looked into the individual posters that are having issues to see if there is something that has been inadvertently "clicked" under their user info behind the scenes. Cadet and I have provided links of the postings whereby they have disappeared earlier this week. I don't know about Cadet, but I haven't heard anything more since the last email earlier this week.

C
C
Originally Posted By: job
doodler,

Thank you for sharing. This is good to know...but it is still a mystery as to why only a few are getting the "disappearing postings" and others aren't. We all use special characters, etc. and a majority of us are still able to post. Many of the browsers that people are using are used by others on the forums and yet, a select few are having difficulty posting.

I wonder if the IT pros have looked into the individual posters that are having issues to see if there is something that has been inadvertently "clicked" under their user info behind the scenes. Cadet and I have provided links of the postings whereby they have disappeared earlier this week. I don't know about Cadet, but I haven't heard anything more since the last email earlier this week.

I have not heard anything either however I have my own version of this thread in NEWCOMERS and the last post just summarized everything that was posted their, I am also going to go through this thread and add anything else that might help.

Here is a link to it.
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2785770#Post2785770

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline OP
OP Offline
This thread is being bumped up for those users who are just now posting and realizing that they postings aren't appearing.

We still do not know what the issue is and we continue to ask for your patience in the matter.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard